May 04, 2024, 01:04:58 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133525 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »

Nitrox had to go to bed. sry, we will get the results tomorrow Wink.

In the meantime I had two fights against whfreak.

First Drow against my Army with UU Druid (great unit btw). At first I had some problems with the rush but was finally able to defeat them...

And second was against a Orc Faction. Had heavy looses but was finally able to win. And while fighting the last archer I got a................. DISCONNECT! (yeah!)

But all in all vs. Alliance the races look balanced we had both heavy looses in the battle ^^.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2009, 06:17:58 AM »

well not much sure in alliance balance or perhars you're using wrong build? Smiley when we played with flak with our 7k armies i think i always has like 30% to win with my vampires agaisnt elves.

these treeman and guards soo strong and archers so deadly.. maybe flak changed cost after that but i dont think so:)
but i guess its fun to play with allies Smiley

i believe drow might kill them, cause they have big crowds and these crowds unluckily to flee (and not suck that much as skeletons).

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

i had a strong build against you alavet but i have increased cost for allied units and we lowered the elven bowmens rate of fire also so i hope that they are balanced

remember that my strong HA1 army earned much of its money when it had 3 treemen, now with only 2 being allowed and lower rate of fire for bowmen it should be a tougher fight

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2009, 09:32:37 PM »

I have a question, why do we use the most unbalanced map in the game??( road to kislev) I mean if the defender would have shooting that doesn't require line of sight he's victorious.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »

I have a question, why do we use the most unbalanced map in the game??( road to kislev) I mean if the defender would have shooting that doesn't require line of sight he's victorious.
Imo Northern Wastes is more imba. But compared to Road to Kislev it's not a capitol map Wink.
All in all these 2 maps are the most imba at least.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2009, 09:33:18 AM »

but is northern waste unba enough to make it a capitol map?

capitol maps are suppose to be imba, thats the whole point of them but it is not impossible to win on these maps, it does mean however you cant expect to win using just one army, which i think is not unrealistic as the capitol's are suppose to be the best defended castle in the land.

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »

what about jsut making capitol armies as a 9k (idea of Nitrox) and restrict them from leaving the capitol. and stop using soem of "imba" maps.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »

what about jsut making capitol armies as a 9k (idea of Nitrox) and restrict them from leaving the capitol. and stop using soem of "imba" maps.

I don't like the idea, military shouldn't be a strong army, it should be only be a small defense against weak armies. I would like to see, that every capitol has a really imba map but only a 3k army, so that every greater army will win.

As second point every player should be forced to fight with this army, when the capitol will be attacked and there have to be enough matches, so that the whole army is destroyed (if one regiment flees, you have to fight with this regiment in a second fight etc.). It shouldn't be, that a player can give up his capitol without fighting.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »

I would like to see, that every capitol has a really imba map but only a 3k army, so that every greater army will win.
ok, imagine u play any UD nation. how are you goign to win without archers on any "imba" map with 3k army agaisnt 5/7k?

"imba" maps only can suit for empeire and some of orcs, but UD always agressors, they can't "defend" unless try to not get in range of mortairs.

It shouldn't be, that a player can give up his capitol without fighting.
you know, in Russia at 1812 year Kutuzov leave from Moscow without defence, which actually helped him to win this war vs Napoleon Bonaparte ,-)

hovewer i can see your points for Human nations.
But Greenskins & UD don't actually need capitols that much in my opinion, cause they're not that much socialized as Hummies. maybe some libraries/other central palces can be subject of defend but in that case citizens don't need it that much.

at least for UD, cause they dont have citizens at all.. (do they? Smiley)

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

ok, imagine u play any UD nation. how are you goign to win without archers on any "imba" map with 3k army agaisnt 5/7k? "imba" maps only can suit for empeire and soem of orcs, but UD always agressors, they can't "defend" unless try to not get in range of mortairs.

That's the point, you shouldn't win. I think this military army has only one use: avoid, that a small army can get the capitol for free, but it shouldn't replace a normal army. So for example, if a 5k/7k army will attack, you should lose your capitol, if you don't defend with a regular army otherwise nobody would use his armies for defending.

you know, there in Russia at 1812 year Kutuzov leave from Moscow tihout any defence, which actually help him to win this war vs Napoleon Bonaparte ,-)

First I wrote something like: "This didn't happen in RL" but I deleted this sentence before I sent the post Wink So you're right, but on the other hand you cannot say: "if I will lose the capitol, I will rescue my army, if I will lose my army the whole land is lost." Wink

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »

the main idea for capitol maps is that 1 army shouldnt be considered enough, it was intended to give a sense of being under siege. Altho possible its not common to win with 1 army.

It wasnt the intention to make every map used a "fair" map or i would have only used the same boring maps we use in tournaments. Here it was the intention to for the battle maps used to simulate the terrain on the map that they represent.
Sometimes it work out better than other times, im sure the Romans at Teutoburg Forrest would like to have had a large flat land to fight in instead of a congested forrest but you never know what ground you have to fight on.

As alavet says and as nitrox has done its perfectly in order to abandon the capitol.

Army sizes also has to remain the same for all, ive found that any 7k army can threaten another, who would wanna defend with 3-5k Goblins or Undead vs Allied 7k even on the most imba map.

I will agree as far as some maps may be in the wrong category, i also did consider assigning one map to each territory but that may end up with too much of the same map, like me an WHF have had endless many fights in only 2 territories.

One option i do see, is inspired by Emperor Trajan, when he invaded Dacia. The Dacian king and Trajan had a predeclared battlefield ready for where their armies was gonna fight the battle. I would agree to add to the diplomacy rules, "honorable war" where the 2 commanders meeting in battle may find their own battlefield from the list, belonging to the terrain in which the battle is in.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:27:52 PM by Flak » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:14 PM »

hey flak what about making some "skeleton commanders" or "great skeletons" for UD? with better stats, it can be elite troops...

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

thats a good idea alavet, sorta like ogres for undead

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »

How much there barbarians riders (orc army) in the reqiment in CURRENT army-files. And there can be ownloaded CURRENT army files for all races ? (is that one in the Conquest Game Book is last updated army files?)

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »

we tested drows with sipax and now feel that now they're too weak. especially assasins.

we propose:
1) remove bow from assasin, cause they dont pursue enemy if winning battle
2) add up +1 ws for second assasin i nregiment
3) reduce cost to 950 for assasins
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:48:34 PM by alavet » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: