May 04, 2024, 11:31:03 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133521 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »

erm no i think

inbetween multi battles you are only allowed to refill surviving regiments only, but after the last multi battle you may restore the army with the dead regiments

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2009, 12:28:09 AM »

*6th Create new armies Ghabry, Flak & Cholio

I have a question regarding this step: shouldn't get alavet an army instead of cholio, if he can defeat the attack? cause then he have 4 depots since 2 rounds or when will a player get his 4th army?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2009, 06:14:54 AM »

i just thought about multi battles and recently found that its little illogical for Cholio to double attack (its double attack since i double defend, lol?).

i think its possible if first battle will be on more "defending" side of me, and the secodn one (if i will loose) he will "defend", like it was a counter attack trying to take back territory.

p.s. and yea, actually I should get army also (and Cholio too, but only if he will lose both armies in my opinion. and whfreak should get new army as well, isn't he?

i think he cant get new army if he will lose only one army - it will be" too fast" and reduces attacking strategies pretty much.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2009, 06:29:10 AM »

that is correct cholio lost a depot and will not get an army i dont know what i was thinking

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:39 AM »

p.s. and yea, actually I should get army also (and Cholio too, but only if he will lose both armies in my opinion. and whfreak should get new army as well, isn't he?

i think he cant get new army if he will lose only one army - it will be" too fast" and reduces attacking strategies pretty much.

I think so too, there are 2 possibilities:

- alavet will win the fight: he will get his 4th army, cause he had his new depot for a full round. cholio will get a new army after next round, cause he have to wait for one round to replace the lost. (if he can hold 2 depots).
- cholio win the fight: nobody will get an army, but cholio will get a new one at the end of next round, if he can hold the depot.

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

alavet about the battles, i don't know yet if iam going to be online hamachi tonight since im going out. But i might be online late at night around 2-3 gmt+1.

If not tonight then im positive that i will be online the whole evening and night tomorrow. Please post what time fits for you Smiley.

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »

Flak, is there a reason why you got 3-5-C because in the last turn it wasn't yours and you moved no regiment on it to capture it.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »

when a single neutral land is surrounded by a players territory then it is captured automatically.
We implemented this last game as all nations had big holes in their land and it looked very odd
i think ive also already used this rule in ghabry's land also

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »

Is this rule mentioned anywhere?
Because its annoying to play with not written done rules, who knows what other special rules you created last play besides this 2 one (get surrounded land and the 1alliland+1enemyland-move)

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2009, 05:05:23 PM »

(should i not get a new army this turn? since i lost one army 1-2 turn ago i think)

Normaly nobody should get a new army (neighter you nor alavet), cause alavet lost his army last turn, so he have to wait for next turn to get a new one. you had last turn only 2 depots/capitol, so you don't get an army, but you can create a new army, when you can hold all three depots/capitols this turn. When I understand the rules correctly, you have to hold a new depot for a whole turn to get a new army.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:48:55 PM by Ghabry » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »

well yes, maybe we both should nt get new armies

but form the simple logic i have enough "supply resources" to produce new army since i never produced new army but cholio did.
from current rules i probably aint able to get new army as well as cholio cause we need to wait whole turn.

but again, its not much reasonable, i think each depot should have some "delay"  for creating new armies (need to think about hope to implement it). currently i foudn pretty hard to attack since enemy armies spawns like a hydra Sad

see: if cholio get new army now, i will most possibly lose battle vs capitol (since he wil play at the defending side) and this will mean that i won first 3 battles and got totally pwned cause cant win upcoming armies...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:49:03 PM by Ghabry » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2009, 05:46:15 PM »

but form the simple logic i have enough "supply resources" to produce new army since i never produced new army but cholio did.
from current rules i probably aint able to get new army as well as cholio cause we need to wait whole turn.

That's the point:

We have here two events:

First you conquer cholios depot, so you could get a new army after the next round (every army needs one round for respawn). But before the army was respawn, you lost the depot again, so your "new army" cannot be created. It's trashed.

Second you lost an army, this army needs now a round to respawn, so you can replace it after this turn. You cannot replace it with your 4th army, cause then you would bypass the one turn delay.

Cholio has the same as you in point one: he lost one depot, so he cannot respawn a new army, now he conquered it back and his third army starts to respawn. It will be finish after this turn and can be placed, if he has still enough space (means 2 depots+ 1 capitol) to place it. If you will conquer a depot from him, his 3rd army is trashed again and your 4th army starts to respawn.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:49:11 PM by Ghabry » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2009, 05:53:37 PM »

That's the point:

We have here two events:

First you conquer cholios depot, so you could get a new army after the next round (every army needs one round for respawn). But before the army was respawn, you lost the depot again, so your "new army" cannot be created. It's trashed.

Second you lost an army, this army needs now a round to respawn, so you can replace it after this turn. You cannot replace it with your 4th army, cause then you would bypass the one turn delay.

Cholio has the same as you in point one: he lost one depot, so he cannot respawn a new army, now he conquered it back and his third army starts to respawn. It will be finish after this turn and can be placed, if he has still enough space (means 2 depots+ 1 capitol) to place it. If you will conquer a depot from him, his 3rd army is trashed again and your 4th army starts to respawn.

bembelimen is correct cholio
but you do get to use a militia army to defend your depot with, look up militia army rules
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:25:55 PM by Ghabry » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »

GM NOTE

Militia armies
An addition to the army rules is the militia army.
If a Capitol or depot which is unprotected gets attacked, then the population will rise against the invaders. The militia army will not be featured on the battlefield and only exist for the purpose of one battle. The general idea is to not allow small defeated armies to bypass the real armies and take vital lands, the rule is in effect to promote battle. If a capitol or depot is attacked by a real army then do not exspect to do more than a dent, the militia is not spose to be able to defend against a full army only to scare off small armies.
The militia armies will be made up from 5000 gc and also has a few restrictions as follows.
Militia Army Restrictions
No mages
No cavalry
No UU Units
No mummies or wights
Max 2 bow or artillery regiments
Max 1 monster
Max 1 item (Potion of Strength does not count as an item)

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »

bembe i completely agree with what you saying - i thought the same.

but i mean that i just killed 3 armies and at the next turn if cholio will have 3 depots still it will be like he is in the same situation as the start of the game. which is not very good news for attackers (=attack is very difficuilt with current rules).

i mean at previous turns he possibly got some of armies without delay of one turn.

i totally agree with the question about this fighting depot we're talking about

p.s. flak why there is only north terrain in my fights? is it my unluckiness or its a territory of CHolio?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: