March 19, 2024, 05:17:14 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 124969 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »

This thread will be the main discussion thread for the conquest game that i am tryn to start Grin

Everyone who would like to sign up for a game starting some time next week please post here so i and the adversaries can see you hehe Smiley

Initially i wanted the nation and starting position to be at random but since it seems we are only a handful and all have different favorites then if we can agree it might be just as fun to pick our own nation

so when you sign in, also tell us your 2 favorites and i will try to accommodate your wishes.

The Nations
Empire Nation
Mercenary Nation
Allied Nation
Orc Nation
Goblin Nation
Vampire Nation
Necromancer Nation
Drow Nation

Ive sent a PM to everyone who has shown an interest in the old thread
Players
Warhammerfreak--Goblin and Drow as favs
Alavet------------Vampire and Empire Wink fav
Malus------------Orcs and Goblins as favs
Grend------------Necromancer and Mercenaries
Flak

download here
* conquestv27.zip (11.13 KB - downloaded 512 times.)

* conquestv27.zip (11.13 KB - downloaded 512 times.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:28:35 PM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »

wtf sir its hard to find ***** links where to dl conquest armies and btw u didnt said that it will overwrite original files.
seems like its impossible to play usual 5/15 armies when u instaleld conquest "patch"

please make good isntruction how to use and we need original files attached as well

p.s. and give a better m,ap pls with "UU" zones etc we need to see it...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:33:33 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »

sorry alavet yes you need to overwrite but the DL also contains the normal files, so that you can alter it back when playn 5k/15

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »

Ok, I played with some nations and for now it seems for me i like the goblin nation and the drow nation.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »

wtf sir its hard to find ***** links where to dl conquest armies and btw u didnt said that it will overwrite original files.
seems like its impossible to play usual 5/15 armies when u instaleld conquest "patch"

please make good isntruction how to use and we need original files attached as well

original files
Conquest armies

And the new files will NOT influence your old armies, so you can use your old 5k/15 armies with the patch.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:25:10 AM by bembelimen » Logged

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »

i love Vampire nation, if possible sir

btw, what about neutral territories? who will be our opponent there? maybe you flak? Cheesy

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 04:43:55 PM »

How about adding the new races at the end of the normal army files?
Would solve the problem that you can't create "normal" armies anymore.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

flagellants definately should be decreased in maximum allowed q-ty (3 as max), increased in cost (defiantely not 375 but 700 at least) and possibly decreased in units (now u imporved them to 12 which is omg)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »

i gave them 12 because ive seen the normal 9 to get killed real fast by other troops like cavalry and biguns, but i will admit the cost seems a bit low

you saw how fast 7 black grails killed 7 flags, 700 is too high, 500 or 600

oh btw i do intent to take my own nation in the game  Cheesy

Ive taken the Rules of War a bit further, breaking the ROW by etc. making hit and runs now has some more serious consquenses. go have a look it colored in green and red
the new concept is to be declared a "Rouge Nation"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:21:18 PM by Flak » Logged

Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »

Hi @ all,

pls sign me in for the conquest.

My favourites are:
- Orc Nation
- Goblin Nation

But i can play every nation too =)

I hope there are more players who join the conquest!

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »

A map with circled UUs and Red Capitols and Blue Depots

* conquest_map.jpg (177.96 KB. 600x484 - viewed 1164 times.)

// resized the pic from 779kb => 178kb bembelimen

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:23:38 PM by bembelimen » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »

4 flagellants very strongby their own they have 2 accurate attacks and true unbreakable... imagine +2 mortairs with them (cause you allowed to buy mortairs) and see how many troips will come to you, which you wouldnt be able to kill by even 3 flagellants...?

4 flags +2 mortairs (very goodarmybuild from whfreak) - you dont even need mage/another units to win..

if you know how to beat this setup pls give descr of army you gonna use...

and again flagellants unbreakable which means goblin army will just suck. no way even 8 goblins with fanatics able to kil lflagellants...

also maybe mortairs should be icnreased in cost. i dunno how much they cost now (~560 imo) - i belive they should cost about 900 as min. same about lobber

p.s.
1) what about neutral territories? is they "free" to obtain?
2) need better map with factions on them startign territory etc. maybe in zip file
3) we need rules about artillery. who should attack first if one of the player has artillery, if both, etc. attacker usually attacks? thus u need to have 2 types of armies i gues... ,= )

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:13:37 PM by alavet » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

you raise many of the issues i had when i made the rules

Generally speaking the one who attacks another in his land is the aggressor and must be expected to use an offensive army, especially as the capitol maps favors a strong defensive army.

I think that making mortar 900 is a good idea, flags are now 510 gc
Neutral land is taken with out a fight, as is unoccupied enemy land

the Game Book page has a map with colored starting locations but i will make another one, problem is the map i use is 8mb, because i use it in paintshop

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 06:14:24 AM »

bah you accepted 900 price so fast so now im sad that hvnt said it should be 1100 Sad
cause dont know how to kill 3 flags + 2 mortairs Sad( (and lol to see how goblisn will win it)

1) what about armor? are we allowed to buy armor slots?
if no, i suggest to allow it, at least by this scheme: each regiment allowed to buy one armor per level (if possible) starting from the level2

2) i think alliance has a lot of unbreakable units, and i think we should ban banner of defiance for them if they have 3 flagellants in army.
yes its special rule, etc., but not very hard and easy to udnerstand/follow

3) since you're ok to change prices i think it will be better to change price for wights. now they costs too much, comparing how really good are they. i suggest something around 550-600 would be ok
for wraights mayeb also better to reduce price a litte. they will die a lot and with 1k cost and 2k profit from the battle it will be very hard to survive...
and maybe little lower price for mummies as well?

what about  price for treeman? i guess u changed it? if no, 1-1,2k seems fine.

p.s. and btw about price for wight zombies - if im not mistaken you made them cost for 400+? maybe im wrong, but if they cost 400+ its totally useless cause ghouls will be much better for the 375 (assuming that wight zombies only better cause they dont die while fleeing)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:26:21 AM by alavet » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:27 AM »

hehe well maybe i wouldnt have accepted 1100 Wink

1 Armor is allowed!

2 alliance? you mean Empire Nation or Allied Nation, Empire has flags sure but flags are now expensive and they are not that strong when facing another strong unit. Goblins have 25 per regiment now and 25 goblins with banner of defiance would take a long time to die at the hands of a flags
I did have an idea for goblins, that they should get 1 extra army, other start with 3 maybe goblins should have 4, also keep in mind, most goblins in Conquest will have fanatics and they have a very good UU

3 wight well that is a problem as the wight will be in the same army as black grail knights, a regiment of wights with banner and a black grail with skabrath is a massive threat to any army. So wight has to have a high cost not to make the Vampire side too strong. If wights go down then black grail must go up a bit

Wraiths i have been considering, they can quickly become too cheap, 1200 i guess is a bit high but they are dangerous, 1000 i guess is a little better for necromancer players,
Because i feel that most Necro armies will have 1 mummy with banner then id like to keep the mummy cost high, as mummies with banner are a little stronger in battle than black grails, if players can start with 2-3 mummies then they will be impossible for greenskins and humans to defeat.

Treeman is 1000

Wight Zombies are 350, wight zombies dont die when fleeing and they have better leadership than ghouls, their leader is a wight with wight blade, 3 wounds and good fighting skills.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: