March 28, 2024, 03:43:21 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sorry if this is answered allready but  (Read 2440 times)
csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2023, 07:15:40 AM »

OK, first of all through downloading the drdll or whatever name its called, plus all the five misc files, I got the game to load and play, but the cinematic's are very flashy and skitchy, or sketchy.
I did the graphics patch already so its not that. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several time too making sure to redo all patch files, plus admin and other compatibility settings. Plus game play the land and trees are all green and tiley. Meaning like hex squares.
I've looked in settings in game but not sure f I should change anything in options or not.
Plus If I run from the prg  engrel start up, it will run through to load a game but once I hit new campaign, it says the isk is not there,but I've ran the no disk fix too so???
So not sure at this point to do to get the cinematic's better like they should and get the game inside to look like it should.
I could probably play as is but the flashing and constant annoyance of how it looks would drive me nuts so anything anyone can do to help I would appreciate. I've looked at some of the topics already but I've done those already I think so thought I'd post a new topic maybe someone knows how to help thanks.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 11:31:44 AM »

Hi and welcome, probably easier for me to remote in via Teamviewer and diagnose each step of the guide. Message me your Teamviewer ID and a suitable time.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 07:39:02 AM »

Hi and welcome, probably easier for me to remote in via Teamviewer and diagnose each step of the guide. Message me your Teamviewer ID and a suitable time.
UHm yeah my hours are so bad not sure we'd ever get together, but and I don't have teamviewer plus not sure I trust that kind of a thing.
But as the movie the beginning begins it's like a split scree where the left side is very pixelated, and the right is very dark.
here are some screen shots of what I am talking about.

* another part of dark omen loading.png (98.4 KB. 1152x648 - viewed 132 times.)

* loading battle.png (193.21 KB. 1152x648 - viewed 133 times.)

* then in game before battle.png (273.24 KB. 1152x648 - viewed 134 times.)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]  

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 12:04:27 PM »

Did you try the registry fix in the guide and also download dgvoodoo2 which fixes this issue. Post screenshots to confirm each of the 5 steps of the guide have been followed. Plus evidence that your dgvoodoo2 settings are correct.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 07:41:38 AM »

Did you try the registry fix in the guide and also download dgvoodoo2 which fixes this issue. Post screenshots to confirm each of the 5 steps of the guide have been followed. Plus evidence that your dgvoodoo2 settings are correct.
Ok here basically uninstalle and reinstalled here's the screenshots of all the misc files and downlowds and steps taken to do them.

* 1st screenshot.png (448.13 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 137 times.)

* 2nd screenshot.png (517.69 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 139 times.)

* 3rd Dark Omen screenshot.png (456.96 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 127 times.)

Now of course not knowing to put the crash file in the prg file or the dark omen file I put it in the prg file.
then in the file after extracting it I ran both files.

* 3rd Dark Omen screenshot.png (456.96 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 127 times.)

* 4th but me showing directory and me clicking the crash files.png (147.48 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 133 times.)

* 5th step.png (169.37 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 127 times.)

* step 6.png (431.28 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 130 times.)

now for the texture switcher it says to put in the Dark omen folder so instead of the prg folder I put it in the dark omen folder.

* step 7.png (286.2 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 126 times.)

* step 8.png (316.06 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 137 times.)

Ok and on the run files or install I ran anyway like the thing said and hit a key in the cmd windows to go ahead
and on the last one put y for yes to run or install
I take it for the voodoo file to sctract it into my prg file or dark omen folder and then just run it or???
right now all I have is the five steps in screen shots and will add the voodoo screen shots later since I am running out of room.

csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 07:47:25 AM »

Ok here basically uninstalle and reinstalled here's the screenshots of all the misc files and downlowds and steps taken to do them.

* drg voodoo sxtractor.png (225.94 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 124 times.)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
Now of course not knowing to put the crash file in the prg file or the dark omen file I put it in the prg file.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
now for the texture switcher it says to put in the Dark omen folder so instead of the prg folder I put it in the dark omen folder. [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
Ok and on the run files or install I ran anyway like the thing said and hit a key in the cmd windows to go ahead
I take it for the voodoo file to sctract it into my prg file or dark omen folder and then just run it or???
right now all I have is the five steps in screen shots and will add the voodoo screen shots later since I am running out of room.
Ok when looking up voodoo the first one available is dgvoodoo v 2.8 I never saw just a plain dgvoodo v2 so???

* drg voodoo sxtractor.png (225.94 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 124 times.)

then after extracting it I clicked the install thats it.

csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 07:52:56 AM »

* step 9 voodo console.png (268.45 KB. 1920x1080 - viewed 135 times.)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
now for the texture switcher it says to put in the Dark omen folder so instead of the prg folder I put it in the dark omen folder. [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
Ok when looking up voodoo the first one available is dgvoodoo v 2.8 I never saw just a plain dgvoodo v2 so???

then after extracting it I clicked the install thats it.

OK that's all the steps I think. let me know if somethings missing or wrong or if the voodoo settings need changed or something.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 10:09:17 PM »

Doesn't look like you are following this guide and video.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Since it doesn't mention downloading the .dll that you are doing in your first screenshot and also doesn't include using the texture switcher or no cd.  

Your screenshots don't show that you have used the mod pack, plus it states to use dgvoodoo version 2.6.3.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:07:36 AM by olly » Logged

csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 09:44:25 AM »

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Since it doesn't mention downloading the .dll that you are doing in your first screenshot and also doesn't include using the texture switcher or no cd.  

Your screenshots don't show that you have used the mod pack, plus it states to use dgvoodoo version 2.6.3.

yeah I hadn't done those steps from the link you posted so on it now. If doing the precursor steps that you list work I may not do the voodoo program for I never play anyone but I may later if I think I might.
But on it now I was doing some other game so didn't try what ou linked yet but trying it now.
csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 10:18:21 AM »

yeah I hadn't done those steps from the link you posted so on it now. If doing the precursor steps that you list work I may not do the voodoo program for I never play anyone but I may later if I think I might.
But on it now I was doing some other game so didn't try what ou linked yet but trying it now.

I should ask, do I still all the other patches like the d3rm and the others, or just follow the steps in your link?  thanks
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 11:26:12 AM »

Uninstall delete your current Dark omen folder and follow just the 5 steps, dgvoodoo2 is for graphics not multiplayer (GameRanger).

csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »

Uninstall delete your current Dark omen folder and follow just the 5 steps, dgvoodoo2 is for graphics not multiplayer (GameRanger).
ok
csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 02:44:18 PM »

ok

OK UHm yeah I've tried this several times and every time sicne changing the PRG folder to the PRG_engOrig
once I do everything I click the engrel in the new PRG folder and all I get is a error like reinstall the game.
I'm sure I've deleted the registry files each time reinstalling so trying it again without renaming the prg file folder?
It seemed to load at least without renaming the folder so it may work that way.
I've even turned off user accounts  I noticed in the registry on the second screenshot down that there was no path under 1.0 just patch so before I try to not do the rename part I may try reinstalling it first with user accounts off as it is now with the rename of the prg folder like it says then if it doesn't work then retry it without the rename of the prg folder.
But not sure why just changing the prg folders name makes it do that. When bofore it would at least run through just looked crappy loading. and or playing.
But I'm following the steps in the link and watched the video too several times.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 02:52:37 PM »

Just double click on the registry virtualstore fix to reinstate the registry

csa_ap_hill
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 03:44:55 PM »

Just double click on the registry virtualstore fix to reinstate the registry

ok sorry but now I geta cd missing I clicked and ran both files as it says in the thing and that's what i get so should I download the no cd fix from the misc files? or click the third one that says 32 bit reg fix or whatever it's named?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: