Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Army  (Read 3299 times)
SilverFang
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

Ok, I just edited my first MP army. I have just used a theme for it not a "smart design" so I know all units that are immune to non magic weapons would beat it.

Ironsfists.

3x Halberdiers
1x Bowmen
1x Greatswords
1x Pistolers

1x Strengthpotion
--------------------------

Who wants to slaughter me? I would prefer meeting someone not immune to non magic weapons Wink
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:46:28 PM by SilverFang » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »

hello; seems that its 3k army

have you used 3k army ruleset?
your army sems fine; except i beware you against using hit-n-run tactic for pistoleters too much cause its harass people like hell.

as for "someone not immune to non magic weapons" - the only unit in the game, immune to non magic weapons is a wraights; but its very fragile unit - in 90% cases if you attack them from the roar they will flee. so it shouldn't be very big problem for you if you face them (if u control your units properly)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
SilverFang
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:02:55 AM »

Yes i used 3k/10 rules. Its 9-points tottal. I accidently just made the army in my head with just the points and when I was going to make it I remembered that it cost money to  Tongue To my surprise I could afford every regiment and the only item I wanted them to have.

Will be fun to try it out.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:13:02 AM »

well your army seems solid. the only problem might be if you will face with lots of panic-causing units, like mass UD army, or greenskins spdiers and scorpions - they might be a very powerfull in causing panic.

like, i think u will face with lots of troubles vs for example:
x2 spider
x1 scorpion
x2 goblins
x2 goblisn archers
x1 gob shaman
x1 boar riders

its a fast draw, i dont really know if it fits 3/10 ruleset, but i think it should.
boars will bind your pistoleters, (while waiting for another spider to come); the rest horde will eiher overhelm or just make your army flee in most possible scenarios. and if shaman get lucky he might be really deadly to your troops

another scenario is like
x3 ghouls
x3 zombies
x1 horsemen
x1 necromancer (and staff of osiris if possible)
- even though this army is smaller but it might be really effective panic machine. the only problem might be if horsemen will loose to the pistoleters, then hit-n-run tactic might be prefomed well...

also imagine army with mortair against you - how will you fix it?

well, im not sure i will have enough time tomorrow, but hope we will play - ask me in hamachi

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: