April 26, 2024, 10:31:57 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Orc Campaign  (Read 14806 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »

Hey guys

Ive started a new campaign, we have so many new tools available now, not like when i made the goblin campaign and coult only edit greenskin battles hehe.

Im changing maps around this time as well as change units and with help from the ROT campaign i can add many more enemies to even the first easy maps.

The story itself is sorta a prequel to the Dwarf Campaign in which the main enemy are the Orcs and their grand invasion of the civilized lands.

In this campaign you get to play the future Orc King in his path to become Great King of all the Orc tribes. A path of blood thru the Greenskin lands as the only way to become an Orc king is to slay all the contenders and keep the outside world from interfering

I Will have a test battle up soon

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

am i understand right that you're going to switch map missions durign the campaing? for example final map to the second, mouslien for the 3rd, etc?

that would be really cool

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »

yeah i mix them around, so far only one map is in its "real" order, so its harder to know what to expect

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »

Sounds Great!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

so Flak send me a draft campaing for test, and iwon first mission, it wasnt way too hard but decent, second required play a lot, but, cause Flak SPAMMING goblisn non stop from over the map. each tiem killing next wave u think "oh yeah i won, lets see fian l screen", u facing with another goblins. they not hard to kill but the chances that your alone warriro will be killed is very high.

so its ended like that and i lost (i thibk it was last wave.. or mybe it got cycled? i kileld shaman, and next spam of spiders)
cmon Flak make it 3 kngits at least. i dont want to replay thsi second mission Sad

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »

sounds like ive hit a good difficulty hehe there are many goblins as the kills show Grin

i hope its not as easy as winning each battle 1st time, but to challenge as much as possible

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »

oh frankly speaking im not gonna pla ytis campaing if leader will be only 1 person. seriously, you play hard battle to the end and only to get killed by shaman fireball in the end?

it were pissed me off at previous campaings when i used orc shaman, but he wasnt meele mostly, so it was OK

no its not Sad

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 06:58:32 PM »

ok i finished first 3 maps and general feeling is good (tip: you can upgrade your boss with armor after first battle). stil ladd him some1 to regiment, like 1 dog or soemthing...

myown bigun seems imba. i guess they hae better stas than standard ones? even goblisn eprfom good

olor
Night Goblin Archer

The one who can say - Hi Im back again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 09:31:57 PM »

Hehe, something epic comes up soon Tongue. But i hope you won't spam enemies like in ROTD? (In "you get mage there in normal camp. mission" i was running around with ice mage for 2 hours killing off wave after wave after my units fled lol)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »

spamming enemies? not me  Wink just a few to keep it interesting

If you played and remember the Dwarf campaign you will know how tough the Orc Lancers are and now you get to play them.

Tomorrow sunday i will put a map up for testing that i wont use in the campaign

If the General is used correctly then he is very effective and i have not lost him very often, consider him like a treeman or vampire, strong with support and can stand alone for a while against medium enemies, he also has magic resistance

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »

I made a small teaser, its just an easy one to inspect the troops, i dont wanna give too much away  Wink

Just put the B1_01 into 1PBAT and PLYR_ALL into 1PARM and your ready to go

it only has 10 downloads so only take it once plz
http://rapidshare.com/files/398360050/orcs.zip.html

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »

hey, are you planning to realise this campaing

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »

indeed i am, but ive just been on holiday and now covering at work for my boss being on holiday, as its rather time consuming and that the map patch has messed up all my work, so much has to be started over does not help
I am not couting weeks but months before i hope to be finished

I will update when i have made significant progress Wink

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »

Im back on track again now, making a new map almost every night

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »

Cool, Cool

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: