March 19, 2024, 08:09:55 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Campaign  (Read 21800 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »

Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

One more single player campaign from me.

Archive files are to be placed inside /Dark Omen/Mods/ folder.

The core of the army is dwarf units.
Infantry: Regular Warriors, Slayers, Hammerers
Archers:  Irondrakes, Old Deadeyes, Thunderers
Artillery: Master Engineers

As all dwarf units have movement=3 (which is slow, e.g. human infantry mv=4 and elf infantry mv=5), I added a few fast moving regiments and wizards to speed up the whole process. But as I said, dwarf units are major war power.
Other Features:
- All dwarves speak SoTHR dwarf voices as much as editing CTL allowed.
- Enemy units and positions are modified: 1/2 is taken from Chaos Dwarves campaign, several missions from Wood Elves and several missions are original missions modified in a unique way.
- All original missions are included in the campaign.
- Cut scene portraits are modified: Azguz Bloodfist takes role of Morgan.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:02:57 PM by olly » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »

Another fine mod - very cool!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »

A few updates:
1. Fixes in last mission: there was a bug with deployment
2. I thought how I can resolve dwarves slow movement issue w/o adding too many fast non-dwarf units.
I figured once in early stages of Warhammer there were Bear Riders in Dwarf Army. Later they were moved off the table and they are not present in recent canon army books. However I decided to add them none the less.

* Bear Riders.png (3.37 KB. 112x53 - viewed 1153 times.)

Almost as fast as horse cavalry but much tougher.

First post link is updated.

illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:01:33 PM »

A few updates:
1. Fixes in last mission: there was a bug with deployment
2. I thought how I can resolve dwarves slow movement issue w/o adding too many fast non-dwarf units.
I figured once in early stages of Warhammer there were Bear Riders in Dwarf Army. Later they were moved off the table and they are not present in recent canon army books. However I decided to add them none the less.

[ Attachment ]

Almost as fast as horse cavalry but much tougher.

First post link is updated.

were is also the pig rider from the hobbit Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-Jn4buXgo

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:01 AM »

Well, yeah  Smiley

Just since boars are already occupied by Boar Boyz and GW never mentioned Dwarves to mount boars, bears are a preferable choice.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »

Made a few updates to the campaign after Bear Riders were added to the army.

To my taste, the campaign is not boring at all even though major force has Mv=3 Smiley There are 2 cavalry units, good ranged attacks, fire wizard -definitely most powerful magic caster in the game.

What was updated:
1. Increased difficulty to several missions.
2. As a test mode, reduced teleport range for Fire Wizard from unlimited to 1000 pixels - this is roughly the same as cannon range, so I did not notice any inconveniences at all Smiley
BTW, reducing teleport range might be useful for multiplayer games.

First post link is still valid. Also, I am going to update my mods back with this and other minor changes...

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 07:14:10 PM »

An update in Dwarf Campaign:
3d Dwarf heads made by Olly (using SoTHR textures) are added: 3 of dwarf units throughout campaign have new heads, cut scenes between missions have new dwarf king head instead of Morgan Bernhardt. Same download link from first post works.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »

Cool, many thanks! We will need your skills on the Dark Omen 2 campaign soon, as we are just completing the 24 new maps and scenery etc.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »

Oh holy crap ) light modding of existing ctl scripts is pain in the ... Making brand new ctls will be horrible.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 07:41:17 PM »

Will discuss the finer details closer to the time in another post but they will hopefully be modded ones, as I remember the pain you suffered making new ones. I will update the Mod pack with this latest version.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html;msg310#msg310

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:58:25 PM by olly » Logged

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »

Latest version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ctf83ey9wu0zfv/Dwarfs.zip?dl=0
mattimus
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 10:08:12 PM »

This campaign is crashing on my second mission. TOo bad cause I think this would have been my most fun.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 10:46:30 PM »

Are you playing it within the mod pack or did you download it here?

mattimus
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 03:52:47 AM »

from the mod pack. Its okay though, got plenty of other mods to try out Smiley Wink
happyman
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2023, 01:37:08 PM »

It is true that this mod is stuck in the second mission, downloaded from the olly pack. Apparently the error arises depending on where you put the troops.

I was able to avoid it after several attempts, deploying the units on the left slope and launching them into combat as soon as the battle started, the rest of the mod works perfectly. I finished it last week.

I really liked the dwarven units except the ironbreakers with cannons, since it is a unit that requires a lot of micromanagement as it has a short range, if I were to play again, I would choose the option of having another battle cannon.

The rest of the missile units are fantastic and deadly. The bears are very cool but in the last phases of the game they die easily, it is better to play stationary and with projectiles. In short, fun. Now I will finish the goblins mod in hard mode. all the best!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: