March 29, 2024, 10:26:08 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trading Post Misson 1 Expanded  (Read 21340 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »

Trading Post Extended Terrain Mod - BETA

Single Player Campaign
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.DQ | by Aeva

Multiplayer

In these early stages of testing and creating New Mod Maps, i have indeed created new Terrain blocks (simple flat 20x20 terrain blocks to sit alongside Tutorial Map 18x20). However, for the Newsletter I have turned my efforts towards the more Iconic Trading Post Map, since Fans will instantly recognise it and appreciate the additional Terrain Mod. My workings on Tutorial Map showed me how original Height Maps continue on forever, as can seen with these Threads of texture that follow the contours of the rasied corner of Tutorial Map.

So i must replicate the Gradient, if I wish to expand in that direction, which is good since we can't yet create new Heights, at least we have the option of utilising existing Gradients that continue off map.

Therefore my new Terrain Blocks are talior made to replicate the various Gradients of the Trading Post Map.

So I can now Extend any Map in any direction! Although Early BETA days and there is a stability issue on some other peoples' pcs, since my M3X file (A huge flat Box to allow extreme camera roam) is just a simple renamed Blender .m3d model file and not properly converted .m3d to .m3x format. (Seems to work fine on both my pcs and virtual pcs and laptop but although Darkmancer successfully multiplayed me on my early Expanded Tutorial Maps, some of my creations won't even launch on his and Ghabry's pcs, despite me using and testing everything on original .exe's from the game and CD, as I once used a different cracked .exe that has now been deleted).

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:38:32 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »

I only just saw this, and this is way beyond cool! This is fantastic! Olly, mad props to you for your extremely impressive results!

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »

I've started work expanding Blighted Towers and have made some Sidewalls that can be positioned in various combinations to create large or small Castles.

I'm redoing the original Entrance (will have that as rear entrance perhaps need to make a larger front gate for cavalry to pass through, pending tests. Then i will use Rob Blender Sprite script (cameras etc ) to finally create my Destructable Wall/Gate or Tower Sprite  to fit in gaps, that will be already placed on screen at start of Battle (deploy 15 and user gets say 10 and 5 tower/gate sprites (trebuchet towers) that are already in place on screen. Using - http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/CTL   where Ghabry and myself made a Goblin troop actually Playble by altering his Script ID and alignment to Good. So these Towers would be perfectly placed (with no movement stats) to plug the gaps. Hopefully we can get them firing as far as possible.

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Destructable_Walls

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: