December 03, 2021, 11:00:44 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament or Playtest field on: July 17, 2010, 06:44:48 PM
Every Sunday and Thursdays we should all meet to play test Rulesets or simply play, no worries if can't make it or confirmation but if your are free then Please Join in.

Great! That's it! a Playtest Battlefield day,  Wink tx a lot Olly.

I agree with Sunday (wich time of the day?), not EVERY Sunday but usually i can and more if we coordinate via pm, mail or Hama; about Thursdays also usually i can but the time it's a problem i think, i could be at 10pm gmt +0 (back from the work), don't know if someone besides my Argentineans comrades can be online at that time.

Now, with this playtest ghatering, plus the usual meeting between the developers and his testers, maybe the balance of the new rulesets could run faster, and the new players have two more days to put to the day with the rules and the battle systems.

As for the rest it is fine for me, let's continue with the tournaments as usual.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament or Playtest field on: July 17, 2010, 04:58:55 AM
Ok guys, thanks for your enthusiasm, but after the 4 reply this topic went through the toilet. So it is fine for me, lets continue with the tests and tournys as usual.

Of course you can continue with the sequel of the "The war of the roses", but maybe it could be more apropiate by pm's.

Again tx for the replys and continue with the great works on the rulesets, both of them.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Tournament or Playtest field on: July 15, 2010, 04:10:38 AM
On the June tournament topic i was really confused by the new rulesets that where "finished" and ready to play even they seemed to be still on the testing fase, wich proved to be like that after the tournament when everyone started to post the modifications to make it.

We are not wasting a tournament on a new untested ruleset, we often use new rulesets in the tournaments, this is not new

i know, i expres myself wrong; i mean the new rulesets, i know that they are tested, but the 5k was also tested, Factions also have lots of tests, the first one of the "brothers" also was tested when was introduced, but then when they where presented to the community, members started to put their opinions, and a lot of changes where made before the rulesets reached a "popular balance". So yes, this is not new, and since then i wonder why we waste the competition of a tournament testing rulesets, instead of making this another specific day while we play the tournys with rulesets already full tested by the community and not only for the 2 or 3 testers that helped the developer. But well, i will start this discussion in a new topic.

This topic reminds me the ignored posts of Kikk on the September tourny of 2009;

whats wrong to play even with untested ruleset?
A tournament I see as an event in which the participants compete with each other with playing skills. With an untested ruleset, there can be room for imbalanced situations where half of the participants know that for example a certain unit is overpowered and the other half does not. Then I find it not a competition for playing skills but a competition for who can discover the most imbalances. Essentially, the tournament then becomes a playtest field. Also, Ghabry wrote:

One reason of the tournaments is to test the ruleset and then to discuss about improvments after the tournament...
so that means that the function of the coming tournament is being a playtest field.

That is perfectly fine, I respect the admin's decision. However, I was looking forward to a tournament as described in the first sentence of this post. And since that is not what we are being offered, I will not join.

And the two sentences of Ghabry and Flak, the one in my quote and the one in the Kikk quote, make my wonder, with the amount of rulesets that we have; it is worth to use the Tournament with still not fully tested and finished rulesets? Why don't we make a tournament with already balanced rulesets (even there is not a perfect one) and at the same time we gather in other date to test the rulesets being developed?

Something like Kikk said, playing every month with a different ruleset, new one for the mayority of the members, and still with several things to improve, may not be a problem for the veterans, and it may prove challenging for them; but as for the new players, it is a mayor headache and hardly they could have a chance against the rest if they at least don't had followed the discussions and modifications made for the selected ruleset.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Darko & Heavy Metal movie video on: July 15, 2010, 02:15:52 AM
 Cool Great job!

besides made originally in VHS! you have a merit, no doubt of it. How do you first have the idea? you saw the videos and then find the music, or the music take you to the vids? the final with the drums and the Black Grial coming out is superb.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: problems with forum on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:40 AM
When i use the "Jump to" tool, at the end of the pages, to go to another section, it send me to an "ERROR 404" page.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 10, 2010, 05:30:09 AM
Ok, thanks for the "clean" topics for the rulesets, now i can start working on the armys for the next one, and test them a bit, if the f*{¨"* Hama starts.
Still...

- topics about rulesets are chaotic as on this forum you cant edit your posts so you cant make changes to first post,

...so, why don't you use the Wiki tool that allows you to reedit and modify without having to make a new topic only to clarify the changes?

We are not wasting a tournament on a new untested ruleset, we often use new rulesets in the tournaments, this is not new

i know, i expres myself wrong; i mean the new rulesets, i know that they are tested, but the 5k was also tested, Factions also have lots of tests, the first one of the "brothers" also was tested when was introduced, but then when they where presented to the community, members started to put their opinions, and a lot of changes where made before the rulesets reached a "popular balance". So yes, this is not new, and since then i wonder why we waste the competition of a tournament testing rulesets, instead of making this another specific day while we play the tournys with rulesets already full tested by the community and not only for the 2 or 3 testers that helped the developer. But well, i will start this discussion in a new topic.

Have fun and good battles, and i hope to be on the next one.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 09, 2010, 09:23:49 PM
ok totally piss off for several reason but the related to this topic is that i'm out because:

-i have a meeting tomorrow and it seems that i will not be in time enough to play like i tough;
- the Hamachi throw me an error and i'm still configurating the new one that i downloaded, so i must test the connections before the tourny and i have no time;
- the rulesets topics are totally chaotic, a row of nonsense replys that end in a death halley if you are looking for a file or a post that resume what the ruleset is about. Why have you abandon the Wiki format for this kind of things? i don't know how we can expect to added new players for the tournaments in this way;
- Why we have to waste a tourny with new still unfinished rulesets? Why don't we make a date to meet and play this projects, like a Playtest Battlefield day? there is a topic related to this made by a member around there, i will search for it.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: July 09, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
Damn, stupid user, well you can search "Rick K. and the Allnighters - Sharp Dressed Man" on youtube and the first video that it's going to appear is the one. Sorry Alavet, i couldn't imagine that this video it was going to be deleted.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Mini Tournaments on: July 01, 2010, 11:13:01 PM
Well, like i had said to you i'm in for now, i would like, if is in a Sunday, a 12-1 pm gmt+0 time to begin the tourny, lets see what others think
10  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: We'll change on: June 27, 2010, 01:44:30 AM
Big news indeed  Shocked .

I'm glad to participate in this virtual community, not only because it is a great place to have fun with one of the games i love, but also because it is a place where i feel comfortable, respected and not mind riot by freaking things (well, the ruleset discussions usually tend to move to that freak way but is ok and maybe in a point necessary); and all this "good" attributes of the enviroment i think that are mainly due to the administration of Benjamin and Gabriel, that where always aware of they role, and had never seen them took the way of the "owner control dictatorship" that it is so common to see in the forums. And the decision of take a step to the side when they don't agree with the "direction" that the majority wants to take, instead of insist in his sole position, it is the best proof of what i had said. So, i join the Alavet greetings and thank to them for all, and wish to see them around here, at least to play a bit from time to time.

I have always seen Olly like an enthusiastic and super positive member so it is glad to hear that it is him the new Admin, congrats and all the best for this new "age" Olly, and of course i'm here to help in what i can.

And about the main objective of all the move, i really hope that the legal vultures don't flew around here, but if they do i think that there is always a first warning before the "attack move" and then we can retreat to this format; surely we will miss all the progress that we could have done, but at least we will have a place to meet and play without being disturb.

May the blessings of the Great Sigmar be with us.
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: June 27, 2010, 01:02:03 AM
I'm in.

Still have to test the rulesets, so i vote for 5000/15.

Rama, maybe i could join the little tourny. What about creating a "Sunday, bloody sunday" topic so we can organize the thing there without disturbing this topic?
12  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:20 AM
Rick K. and the Allnighters - Sharp Dressed ManDQ | by Aeva

the second comment resume all:

swimminsurfer256

"i had no idea chuck norris played drums..."
13  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 15, 2010, 01:04:54 AM
Ok, first of all, you are a crazy guy; but then, what the hell let's try it.

I will download the Editor tonight or tomorrow, and then i send you a pm, since it seems that it is only you and me for now let's talk in private, if another member get's interested then we can post here i think, what do you think?
14  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:45 AM

Tongue Let me get this a bit more clear: are you creating a new Block (or expansion)? or is this a card game "based" on the Magic mechanic and metagame?
15  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:46 PM
Here  Cool ; i'm actually playing a Legacy League (Blue/Black Control deck) , mainly with a base from Invasion Block that is from the time i began to play it, but also some weekends play Extended (varied decks) and some others play Standard (Black "Vampires" from Zendikar and M10 with some artifacts from Alara), all this tournys sanctioned by DCI of course, and usually play with a guy from the work at lunch or at the end of the journy and with some friends in the nights when there is not clubbing.

So, what you need?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9