March 28, 2024, 12:00:57 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We need Feedback  (Read 10127 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:46 AM »

The new site is now accessible for more than 3 weeks. We know, that there are some errors etc. So we need your help.

• Do you found any errors?
  • Do you have any suggestions?
  • Which content should we translate into English? (any preferences?)
  • etc.

Feel free to post your comments

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »

no havnt seen any error this is a solid page
personally i can handle the German altho its been years since i last read it, then i get the gist

a good page bembelimen

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:09:04 AM »

Excellent page indeed Bemb, and Happy anniversary!  Cheesy (the second)

well, i was thinking that maybe on the main page (http://en.dark-omen.org/), just where the Ranking and the Join section are, spaces visibles at first sight, appear the title (and a link to) of the more important post that are publish below of the presentation of the page, like some sticky titles. I mean, the BOARD RULES and the COOKIES AN COFEE invitation, just to put some examples, because after some time and after another news are posted i think that only a few read the past news and notice them, well this is something that i guess, and maybe its not. Ok just an idea.

Mmm, by the way, its not a good time to reactivate the Ranking?  Cool

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »

well, i was thinking that maybe on the main page (http://en.dark-omen.org/), just where the Ranking and the Join section are, spaces visibles at first sight, appear the title (and a link to) of the more important post that are publish below of the presentation of the page, like some sticky titles. I mean, the BOARD RULES and the COOKIES AN COFEE invitation, just to put some examples, because after some time and after another news are posted i think that only a few read the past news and notice them, well this is something that i guess, and maybe its not.

A few days ago, I though, we could add a calendar for the dates we have special events (tournaments/CCDOT), but a list is a good idea, too. I will speak with Ghabry and we will make something.

Mmm, by the way, its not a good time to reactivate the Ranking?  Cool

Was it ever active?  Grin But yes, the Ranking is very empty, but should work.

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:17 AM »

*Added the list

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

Cheesy Fantastic, just as i have dreamed haha  Grin!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »

always at your service Wink

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:32:24 AM »

Em another one  Tongue ;

i monthly buy a videogames magazine  Cool that in his editorial have a short comment of all his staff  Shocked , about the content of the present publication and anything that they want to put on. Above this words is the Nickname of the person and down  :Smiley this they are three rows with these contents; in the first one said: "ALSO KNOW AS: here is the real name of the guy, even some of them put another stupidity"; the other row said "PLAYING TO: here is the name of the game/games that the guy is playing/testing actually"; and finally the third one "MOST VISITED SITE: here is the internet page most relevant for the person or the most visited site where he is surfing".

So, putting an example  Huh? , there is a guy from the magazine that when the editorial was being made, was plannig his inminent vacations  Cheesy , so he don't talk about any game  Huh? , instead he wrote about all the beachs of Brasil and the places he was going to visit LOL  Grin , and in the Playing section put: Google Earth, and in the Most visited site: www.weather.com, lol  Grin Grin .

And it was reading and laughing that this idea come to my mind.
To the point  Tongue : that in the section of the forum (maybe also in the homepage but i don't know where) where all our info appear, i mean Nickname, title, online/offline, portrait, etc (i think it could be down the portratit or the quote if there is anyone) there is an upgreadable section with something like for example:

- Surfing on (or trough): here we put a page that we are visiting a lot, or any page of our interest or something that we think useful for the community.
- Playing to: here we put the game that is breaking actually our fingers, besides of Dark Omen of course!

Well this are suggestions and maybe can be more or less sections, or differents than the examples, since the main idea is to make that section really more interactive and offer more about ourselves in a funny way  Wink . Also with that objective in mind here is the most complicated part but the one i liked most  Tongue ;

I love music, i really really love music, of all, all kinds and times from every single place of the world  Cheesy , and even i have the lucky to known people and places and internet sites and programs where i can have contact with music from all over the world i know there is something that i can't have even with all of that  Sad , and thats usually represented by the real POPULAR music that sound in the streets of one place, known only by the people who live there  Cool , and since the music talk a lot of ourselves, our history and the places where we live, this could be a nice way to know a little more about us  Smiley , so the final row could be something like:

- Listening to: and here, with the name of the theme and the one who play it, a link to listen the music that go with us to work in these days, or something u just have discover, even if this is Smell Like Teen Spirit, or something that u use when u play DO, etc.

I have seen this in other pages and the player seem to be a simplified version of the windows media player, but as i said before i really don't known the mechanic of this  Sad , and even i don't like not to offer a solution  Embarrassed , i can't help in this, oh yea, i can post some of this pages that i talk about but they are all in spanish  Tongue .

Ok, thats all, i wanted to at least post it and maybe this shoot another ideas. As always thanks to all for the fantastic site and growing community, bye folks Smiley .

danny6547
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »

Grin
Just wanted to say folks, thanks so much for helping me relive some childhood memories with this awesome game. I thought all was lost when I picked coloured cursors but you're fix saved my weekend! Eternally grateful!
 Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: