March 28, 2024, 07:31:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: April Tournament - Undead Armies  (Read 6934 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »

Post your Undead armies here if you want.
(use the latest Wh32Edit version for this graphic output)

Vampire
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Ghoul
Ghoul
Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Warriors

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »

Vampire
Mummy
Ghoul
Ghoul
Wights
Zombies
Zombies

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »

Necromancer
Black Grail
Zombies
Zombies
Zombies
Ghoul

ok i dislike this army pretty much; it really suffers from the strong (with many units) orcs armies or human armies.
also bembilmen just nailed grail with his elves & crossbowmen while it was charging them (both times manually and both time i missed lol)) so grail is very fragile to arrows. (and spells as well).
this is the topic of single discussion but i think that grail should cost 8 to invite him into the game, if any.

in the tourney i played this army only once and lost against bemb

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:30:01 PM »

in the tourney i played this army only once and lost against bemb

I think you were only unlucky, you charged my elves and at this moment I could caught you with my flags. So I could fire with my 2 X-bows and my elves. I don't know, if I would have won, if you reached my archer. but so (luckily for me) I had nearly no lost

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »

1 Mummy with the Banner of Wrat
3 Ghoul Regiments
1 Wight regiment

Did not work very well. The idea was that Mummies are kick ass, and with the banner of wrath they could wipe out any dangerous mages. The Mage fried 4 mummies before dying, so it failed miserably.

On vacation
Chinnico
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:32 PM »

Chinnico's Boneshakers

Vampire
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Warriors
Wights
ZzUu
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:49 AM »

Mummy
Ghoul
Ghoul
Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Warriors
Zombies
Zombies
Vampire

I think its almost impossible to defeat this army without artillery  Cool
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »

hehe i didnt need artillery ZzUu, but then our armies are almost the same  Grin

My undead army.
This army is neither offensive nor defensive, it is meant to engage the enemy and force strong enemy units to concentrate on the mummies, then the skeleton with the sword is meant to force retreats, while the vampire springs from his hideout to cause all kinds of havoc. Its best against Greenskins and Empire. Its weakness is that it has no archers or artillery.

It was a surprise to me of how well it did, at some crucial moments, the vampire was able to tie down Ghabry's elven bowmen and that made it easy for the remains of the army to mob up.
It did however it had a very hard time against ZzUu's undead army and that battle was down to my luck.

Offense: Good
Defense: Average

Vampire
Mummy
Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Warriors
Zombies
Zombies
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:38:46 AM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »

It seems Zombies 1/0/1 was a very good idea, first time player use them Grin tho I increased the mummies points at 1 point everyone use them and they do very well. I personal was surprised how well the Wights fought. I think I underestimate them. Last but not least it seems, that Skabsktath is nearly a "must have", worked against my Zombies+Ghouls Sad

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 03:50:54 PM »

Skabskrath worked extremely well  against me. WarpGhost used it on his Grail, and some other dude on his horsemen. Both worked incredibly well against orcs. They just run away and get smashed.

On vacation
WarpGhost
Ghoul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Warriors
Black Grail
Zombies
Zombies
Zombies

This yet another reason why I call Undead as they are costed now a 'fair weather army'; also look at how everyone who used Mummies this tournament basically had to take Defiance Banner to make them work, at which point they become insane. Black Grail armies do fine, as long as the enemy doesnt have Unbreakables and magic and/or shooting. Problem is, most people do. Black Grail are heinously overcosted for their fragility; if they dont get shot down on the way in, they hit Unbreakables and stop dead. At that point the army dies, unless the Black Grail can kill the Unbreakables before the enemy counters your tiny, fragile army. Basically, if the sun shines you probably win (and by this I mean the Grail has to break their target within 2 rounds of combat otehrwise you're probably screwed), if you hit any sort of snag you auto-lose. I managed to smash an Orc army with it due to an unusually quick disposal of Defiance-wielding Big Uns, and auto-lost to another UD, because of Vampire and Defiance-wielding Mummies.

Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

yes, warpghost, i also created grail army mainly to he reason all uses mummies and also some "suprise" effect. unfortunately looks like there is a lot of luck involved in any grail battle, cause grail really very gragile and need to kill pretty fas. thats why i tried to get potion of str. with htem (to kill banner units) but it hvnt worked cause i was shooted down.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: