March 29, 2024, 12:46:58 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Movement in Dark Omen  (Read 15419 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

I was recently asked the question-

"Warhammer Table Top Games use "inch" as a measure to move regiments. So does Dark Omen try to recreate those values with Mov 3.4.5.6,etc? I would like to know the moves in TT games for Necromancer, Vampire, Wraiths, Dwarves, Elves. A comparison between real game values and how they were recreated with MOV points in DO".

So I use our Dark Omen Stats Editor = Wh32Edit or our website Troop list
http://en.dark-omen.org/troops/undeads/vampire.html
and compare values in my 1994 Warhamemer 4th Edition Undead Rule Book.

1) Necromancer in Dark Omen has
M=4 WS=5 BS=5 S=4 T=3 W=2 I=4 A=3 Ld=9  
which interestingly is a Necromancer Champion in 4th Edition Undead Rulebook since normal Rulebook Necromancer is
M=4 WS=4 BS=4 S=4 T=3 W=1 I=3 A=2 Ld=8  

2) Vampire in Dark Omen has
M=6 WS=7 BS=5 S=7 T=6 W=3 I=8 A=3 Ld=9
which is the same as a Warhammer Table Top Undead Vapire Count
M=6 WS=7 BS=5 S=7 T=6 W=3 I=8 A=3 Ld=9

3) Wraith in Dark Omen has
M=4 WS=3 BS=0 S=3 T=4 W=3 I=3 A=2 Ld= 5
which is identical to Rulebook stats.

Just checking Dwarf and Elves....that should be further examples of how Dark Omen is identical to Warhammer Table Top.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:09:02 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »

Afaik the stats are identical, perhaps with some MP nerfs? What I'd like to know if they've also matched the scales between TT and the computer so that one TT inch is the same relative distance as compared to model and furniture sizes in the computer game too.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 03:42:12 PM »

Thinking back to our previous investigations, a good way to test this is to measure the maximum range of The Staff Of Osiris. Since, as far as I can remember, in Table Top its range is 6".

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »

Lordbraprus used to complain a lot about Vampire MOV 6 which made him faster than normal cavalry.

I played with my brother last day, a FO version where Vampire mov was reduced to 5 in order to test it.

He stills moves fast, but isnt annoying. We felt MOV 5 as very very suitable for Vampire considering DO engine.

I wander if Vampire in TTgames moves as really badass, being so powerful and fast, but... how fast is in relation with other cavalries. IMO he must be fast of course, but not equalling with cavalries.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »

I recently found testing... that Speed is the result of "Movement + Initiative" (regardless of carrying armour)

Compare 2 single units with Movement 5 (Init 1/Init 10): The unit with Init 10 will move as if he had "Mov 7/Init 1".

This explains why Vampire was cheesy (he has Mov 6/Init 8 in original game) -> Aprox a real Mov 8.

Cavalry speed: Adding more MoV points doesnt make them faster, but Init yes. TOP cavalry speed is Init 10 + "unimpeded by diff terrain" -> Its fast indeed (but still doesnt superate MoV 10 Infantry).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:23:14 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »

great find dude.

but i didnt got your cavalry point.

you mean cavalry with MOV 10 is lower than infantry mov 10?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »

great find dude.

but i didnt got your cavalry point.

you mean cavalry with MOV 10 is lower than infantry mov 10?

Yes... and today found that is the "Pathfinding attribute" (the way they move around/between obstacles).

I will make FO better, doing a "Initiative boost" of +2 to all regiments, keeping their natural differences.
Example Initiative: Goblin 2/Imperial 3 -> Goblin 4/Imperial 5 (so in order to hit, Imperial is always first).
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »

so you mean you will make FO FASTER?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »

Great Research and Development!

Smiley

Tola_Zagniy
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 05:00:40 AM »

If this is true, the Orc Boar Boyz are useless against the backdrop of Orc Big'uns =)

thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »

If this is true, the Orc Boar Boyz are useless against the backdrop of Orc Big'uns =)

I think theres about a 500g cost difference tho.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: