April 25, 2024, 11:12:39 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Artillery => Archers  (Read 4051 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

I noticed Artillery was changed to Archers in many modifications. I like the idea, but I have a question.

Cannon has to be a leader and thus dies last, even though it has toughness 1, wounds 1.
So if all the crew is dead, cannon remains alone and drives by itself with the leader head crying in the left-bottom corner Smiley
Is it solvable in any way?

And a connected to it question about Toughness.
As far as I understand wounds received by the leader are redirected onto the regiment while there are troops besides the leader.
Doesn't setting the Leader-Cannon toughness 1 only weaken the unit as a whole but fail to solve problem that cannon dies last? Crew will receive wounds based on toughness 1 instead of their own, if the leader failed to dodge the blow.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:36:04 PM by cuthalion » Logged
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »

it will be rare that the squadies will die but the leader will survive, think about how many times have you have had regiments with 1 unit left.

Wounds should be redirected fromthe leader to its squad mates, in practice this does not happen, any hits to the leader are lost, until squadies are dead.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:19:18 AM »

The other solution is to edit the main siege engine sprite so it has a crew member or 2 on it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:45:45 AM »

Well I did something of the kind Smiley - see my pics in the campaign->dwarf ctl campaign. But I modified cannon sprite instead.
Maybe, it's better to place the cannon into archers sprites, but I kind of ran out of available archers sprites Sad
cause in that campaign I will have to fight all original DO races, and all of them want archers Smiley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:15:05 AM by cuthalion » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: