March 29, 2024, 09:00:41 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Archers vs Infantry in melee.  (Read 4382 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »

The help files about Grudgebringer Xbows and Imperial Bows say that they are less efficient in hand2hand combat than ordinary infantry.
Is this achieved by reducing WS by 1 and that's it? This is the only difference between Schepke Infantry and Flechter Xbows: even armor is the same at max. And infantry as a class doesn't have any advantages over class 'archers'. Is it correct?

If it is, then for example, NGoblin Archers should have the same power in hand2hand as ordinary Goblins - they have all the stats exactly the same.

If it is not, I wonder what the real difference is.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »

That is correct the melee mechanics are the same for archer/infantry, so the stats decide.

I think there is a difference in the persue mechanics when the enemy breaks thou.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »

I think there is a difference in the persue mechanics when the enemy breaks thou.
Yep, archers hold there position instead of persueing.

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »

Yep, archers hold there position instead of persueing.

Yes though most likely it is defined by the Event Handler in CTL rather than the class value itself.
At least if you assign an enemy archers event handler designed for an infantry regiment, they will pursue.

P.S. I mean, for example Chariots Horsemen and Infantry have the same event handler. Thus, Cavalry/Chariot class boni are defined somewhere deeper than in CTL scripts.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:18:22 PM by cuthalion » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: