March 28, 2024, 06:54:18 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament/Conquest August  (Read 15646 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »

Greatly appreciated Darkmancer and cool to have the old warrior return and shame about Leibniz but hopefully another time, as we hope to run Conquest regulary every 2nd saturday of each month and normal Tournaments every last Saturday of every month from now on, so fans can get to play more battles online, more often.

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:27:46 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

wyciwyg://119/http://shade-of-nekura.deviantart.co

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 02:02:08 AM »

So my plans were NOT derialed and I will be going on the trip today. And as much as i would like this oppertunity to play CD i wouldnt dare to miss the oppertunity to sleep and wake on a beautiful beach. Anyways, earliest i will be available is 7pm gmt and most deffinitely by 11pm gmt
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »

I already took Darkma/Leibinz suggestion of a "regiment pass" giving some reasons to support the change.

@Zoko: Hope you have fun in the beach! I hope we play in 2 weeks, middle month Smiley
No need to desperate for today. Take your time...

Yes.. it is Dynasty, not Dinasty Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:29:54 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »

So we got 4 players -

Jeronimo  Sylvania

JB87 Goblins

Darkmacner Alliance

Olly Orcs

and possibly Zoko later on.

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:01:08 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »

Round 0 (Map Presentation)

Worldmap has 4 regions for each one. We will choose our Domains before starting (alphabetic order).
It is going to be a 5 players test -> Zoko joined later, we gave him Black Squares).

Turn Order
1º Darkmancer
2º JB87
3º Jeronimo
4º Olly
5º Zoko

ROUND 1

Darkmancer: 26k
JB87: 20k
Jeronimo: 18k
Olly: 16k
Zoko: 22k

ORDERS

1º Alliance -> 3 (def)
2º Goblins -> 8 (def)
3º Sylvania -> 12 (def)
4º Sylvania -> 24 (def)

BATTLES

1º Win: -5k / -9k
2º Lose: -7k / -5k
3º Win: -4k / -5k
4º Win: -5k / -9k
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:46:58 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »

ROUND 2

JB87: (20-14)+9= 15k
Jeronimo: (18-9)+18= 27k
Olly: (16-9)+9= 16k
Zoko: (22-5)+9= 26k Retired
Darkmancer: (26-10)+19= 35k

ORDERS

1º Sylvania -> 6 (def)
2º Sylvania -> 18 (pass)
3º Sylvania -> 20 (def)
4º Sylvania -> 23 (def)
5º Orcs -> 11 (def)
6º Alliance -> 6 (def)
7º Alliance -> 18 (pass)
8º Alliance -> 20 (pass)

BATTLES

2º Win: -0k
3º Win: -9k / -9k
4º Win: -9k / -9k
5º Cancelled
6º Win: -5 / -3k
7º Win: -0k
8º Win: -0k

ROUND 3

Jeronimo: (27-26)+17= 18k
Olly: (16-9)+4= 11k
Darkmancer: (35-14)+22= 43k
JB87: (15-9)+1= 7k

ORDERS

1º Sylvania -> 1 (def)
2º Sylvania -> 6 (def)
3º Alliance -> 10 (def)
4º Alliance -> 11 (pass)
5º Alliance -> 23 (def)
6º Alliance -> 24 (pass)
7º Goblins -> 8 (def)

BATTLES

2º Win: -5k / -9k
3º Cancelled
4º Win: -0k
5º Cancelled
6º Win: -0k
7º Lose: -7k / -5k

ROUND 4

Olly: (11)+4= 15k
Darkmancer: (43-23)+18= 38k
JB87: (7-7)+1= 1k
Jeronimo: (18-10)+21= 31k

ORDERS

1º Alliance -> 1 (def)
2º Alliance -> 5 (pass)
3º Alliance -> 6 (def)
4º Alliance -> 10 (def)
5º Alliance -> 15 (def)
6º Sylvania -> 3 (def)
7º Sylvania -> 13 (def)
8º Sylvania -> 14 (def)
9º Sylvania -> 18 (def)

BATTLES

1º Lose: -9k / -5k
2º Win: +1k [Goblins defeated]
3º Win: -9k / -9k
4º Lose: -9k / -5k
5º Win: -3k / -2k
6º Lose: -9k / -5k
7º Win: -1k / -9k [Orcs defeated]
8º Cancelled
9º Cancelled

WINNER: Darkmancer (Alliance)

Comment: I have taken several notes in what things to change... despite being a Beta Conquestday, it was more entertaining than I thought. Fighting vs Darkmancer to have Worldmap control was a new experience.
Write your ideas and opinions please. Wink
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:27:21 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

wyciwyg://119/http://shade-of-nekura.deviantart.co

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »

I pretty much passed out from drowsiness since i got no sleep this night, i thought i could hold it off and play the game but i underestimated myself and when it was just becoming had to keep my head up i knew i needed sleep. Sorry for making you go through all the effort of adding me into the game just for me to drop a turn later, I promise i wont do it again.  Tongue

The game seems really interesting and im looking forward to playing it 2 weeks from now when we have refined it a bit more.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 06:08:29 AM »

Hey! jeronimo told me about the game, it was good, as i see, the  sistem worked, andsome stuff have to be balanced, like the army regulations, but out of that, i wasw a good experiencie Smiley.

Happy to see darkmancer back Wink  and that zoko and JB87 at least played Smiley

cya guys, the day in wich i will back, will arrive, and i will play with you :$

ito maquiesves
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »

Comment: I have taken several notes in what things to change... despite being a Beta Conquestday, it was more entertaining than I thought. Fighting vs Darkmancer to have Worldmap control was a new experience.
Write your ideas and opinions please. Wink

gg had by all. congrats Jero for being such a good host and also making a ruleset playable within a day!

my suggestions for goblins and orks would be to swap Trolls for Lobber. the goblins desperately need artillery and the orks have little defense against monster and ogre mobs. Then again, maybe all factions could do with having motor/catapult as standard as no one has played Dynasty. Item Lists also need to be updated. The goblins only have one magic sword (storm) which was not enough to counter two or three wraith units. considering goblin low leadership the storm sword had little impact in battle with this faction. all other factions have at least two swords.

also, a winner could have been declared in round 3. I found the amount of battles in round 4 drew things out quite a bit longer than expected. a final showdown rule between the top two players (based on most territory held) as the only match in round 4 would have been interesting.. and also means that players who have been eliminated but still have enough territory worth taking to win the game (such as myself and olly in round 3 - 4) dont have to wait a half hour or so for multiple declarations between the top players to resolve.

some kind of rule to tidy up the closing rounds and player defeat would be a benefit to Conquest Day.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:25:45 AM by JB87 » Logged

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

I have to say it dragged on a bit but i think thats more down to first time, uncertain rules, late comers etc than down to the ruleset.

I disliked how if 2 players went over 8 on the same turn it was turn order that decided who won as it seems arbitury.  i think if 2 go over at the same time we should increase the required number of squares to 1/2 the board + 1, and / or till one player falls below the required 8.

I think Slyvania is too strong for multiple reasons (not all solvable), even with you wasting 720gp i was only able to beat you with a cheese army when you made tactical mistakes (grouping together on hill and in corner allowed me to outnumber your frontline units).

Vampire, Vampire + Teleport = your wizard dead, BGK, Requirement of muliple units to take out highend units yet 10 unit limit and map space to operate and flank with. Ghouls - the new Flaggellants.

The problems with fair omen not with the conquest setup.

Possible solutions, Vampire unable to hold items - at least makes him more vunerable to magic and less likely to get teleport and if he does has less deadly spells.  Small price increases on everything.  Ghouls reduce unit size to 14 so enemy units have chance vs fear at least for first round of combat & massive price increase, seriously they're better than wights at 540, 2 attacks such a massive advantage for a core army unit.

The greenskins need a couple of fear imune units, bigguns and 1 or more of the creatures (trolls, spiders, scorps).  I'm not keen on gobos getting the rock launcher thou i like how they are.

With only 1 unit in them you avoid that stupid bug with siege engine but they've become to delicate now, can they get another wound and 1 more toughness.

I found cannon & eleven archers a bit overpriced a small drop please (30-60gp)

I still think the undead sides should share zombies & wights.

A 4 of the same unit type limit is a good idea I dislike armies of all the same unit like the one i used.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:57:23 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »

Good ideas and Congratulations Darkmancer on winning Conquest, many thanks to Jeronimo for organising, I can't wait to play it again next Sunday September 18th ->

September Conquest Day

I had such good fun and grabbed pictures of my battles (sorry for the lateness, i've been on holiday last week)

Lost 1st Battle against Darkmancer's Alliance, fighting over Area 3 Great Forest Mod  

Lost 2nd Battle against Jeronimo's Sylvania, defending Area 20

I sat out the 3rd round to recuperate but by the 4th Round Darkmancer's Alliance took Area 15 Forest before Kislev

and then Jeronimo's Sylvania, sadly took my Orc's last land Area 13 Great Forest at Night

I also play tested my Orc armies against JB87's Goblins

Smiley
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:16:16 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: