March 29, 2024, 09:13:11 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament/Conquest August  (Read 15651 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »

FOR BLOOD AND GLORY

Normal Tournament is rescheduled for next Month's usual last Saturday (Sept 24th 2011) and instead we are all Beta Testing a New 1 Day Dark Omen Conquest mode, that will be played properly again, in 2 weekends time (Saturday 10th Sept)

Date Saturday 27th of August 2011 (5pm GMT 0)
Register Deadline:25th of August
Confirmation Deadline: 26th of June Midnight

Ruleset:
Conquest

Players
Jeronimo Sylvania
Olly Orcs
JB87 Goblins
Darkmancer Alliance
Zoko Mercs
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:12:45 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

wyciwyg://119/http://shade-of-nekura.deviantart.co

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:00:49 AM »

Im in!  Smiley

Sounds like this is gonna be a good one. My only issue is at what time we will be starting, because i may be busy in the morning.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 12:54:24 AM »

@Zoko: (5pm GMT 0)

I will make the 1st WorldMap 1 day before the Event... because someone has to present the first "map layout/region numeration". I first need to know how many we will be for this Saturday, so feel free to join meanwhile.

If we get 6 players, then I will be able to use JB87 image Map which already has 18 Regions.

Anyone can suggest own WorldMaps too (considering the Code ID at Rulesets).
Those Scenarios are the best for "double hosting" -> no major advantage for any deploy starts (which give us flexibility in case technical problems appear). Wink
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:17:20 PM »

sign me in for either goblins or orks.

I am lost somewhere on the ring of kerry atm and not at my usual station. I am back from my hols on Sat 25th Aug. so traffic allowing I should be online in time for this beta game.

Jeronimo I had some free time today and created a new 6 player version of the map as well as a 4 player version. feel free to use them or create your own.

Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:53 AM »

Hey so while im totally enthusiastic about this i may not be able to join in until later, im going to be out on a beach with some friends friday-saturday and have no idea when im getting home, although im thinking sometime around midday i could be late if we run into difficulties. Also i may not be able to start playing right away. One way to remedy this is for me to join the game late, but then there is the problem of balancing and figuring out which territories i get. Another is to have someone control my faction until i show, but the problem there is that its more tedious for whoevers doing it.

What do you guys think?
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

well in a standard last-man-standing style tourny if you werent online at the time to fight you would be eliminated and your opponent advances, without really impacting the game. Conquest Day though is a bit different........

In older Conquests which spanned weeks it wasnt unusual for people to 'take over' armies but CD is much faster so I dont think it is feasible. there is also no alliances so a player cant really control two factions.

The only solution to bring in a new player would be balancing territories with an Invasion rule at the end of a Conquest Day (gold round). For example, as most boards have a limit of 20 regions why not roll a D20 to decide on which regions are Invaded?

* At the end of the Conquest Day begin Invasion rolls.
* Any player who loses a region from Invasion immediately adds its gold worth to their treasury.
* Any player with 3 regions or less cant be Invaded so roll for another random region.
* Invaded regions cant be defended against.
* The amount of Invasion rolls = total regions / players. In a 3 player map of 20 regions with a 4th Invader, this would be 5 Invasion rolls.
* Any region Invaded more than once is considered in starting gold again (accumulative) and towards the Invasion rolls limit.
* Starting gold is calculated on these taken regions.
* Victory condition is modified to less regions to allow for more players.
* CD continues as normal with Invader going last in this round.

on my most recent 4 player map the 20 regions break down like this:

2: 1k
7: 2k
8: 3k
3: 4k

there is 75% chance you will get 2500 gold per region so the lowest amount of starting gold with 5 regions would be 25k. your odds would be pretty good. this is the easiest way I can think of a territory based solution.

heres some results:

H:2k,Q:3k,C:3k,S:2k,M:4k = 14k * 2 = 28k
G:3k,D:4k,M:4k,C:3k,E:4k = 18k * 2 = 36k
R:1k,A:2k,T:2k,O:3k,T:2k = 10k * 2 = 20k (T is counted twice for Invader and he lost a region)
F:2k,K:3k,D:3k,M:4k,P:2k = 14 * 2 = 28k
P:2k,D:3k,N:1k,P:2k,P:2k = 10k * 2 = 20k (P is counted three times for Invader and he lost two regions)

there is a 1:3,200,00 chance of rolling the same single region and starting with 10k. sucks to be that guy. It is entirely possible however, that the Invader may take alot of other player regions bringing them down to 3, and then with the modified Victory condition of less regions a strong player unaffected needs only grab a single region and wins the game?

dont forget Zoko, CD is meant to be fast so we might have a chance to play a second round of beta game changes (such as the above) with so many players around.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »

Hey so while im totally enthusiastic about this i may not be able to join in until later, im going to be out on a beach with some friends friday-saturday and have no idea when im getting home, although im thinking sometime around midday i could be late if we run into difficulties. Also i may not be able to start playing right away. One way to remedy this is for me to join the game late, but then there is the problem of balancing and figuring out which territories i get. Another is to have someone control my faction until i show, but the problem there is that its more tedious for whoevers doing it.

What do you guys think?

I can manage your Faction and Commands until you arrive Smiley
I have played before games like Risk using all colours by myself, and I can do it. (I attack myself often)

What Faction do you want to use? (we will turn to play "your" correspondient battles)

Sorry for delayed answer.

Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:58:31 AM »

Thats much simpler jeronimo, thanks. Definitely going with a human faction but no so sure as to which. I will tell you by the end of today, though.

Edit: i guess ill go with mercs. But one more thing, just did some time conversions and realized how early in the day this will be for me. If everything goes as planned for me i will not be present until around 9-10pm gmt. If all of you are still on then would you consider doing two rounds of CD?

Also, it seems that there is a chance that my plans will get derailed, in which case i will be available at the agreed-upon time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:02:15 PM by Zoko » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »

I will play with Sylvania, if noone minds (so I do my armies now because im bored Smiley)

Want to try them since they have "bad army choices" alltogether very expensive, but hoping to maximize the Leader Survival rule with the Vampire.. I think their 3-5k will be weak.. outnumbered due to expensive Vampire.. its a theory.

And I revised Ruleset for the last time (before Saturday), so no more updates till then.
Concerning to map.. I did change my mind this time.

"The World size is proportional to the amount of Players -> Each one always starts with 4 Regions.
Objective: Wins the first Player to control 8 Regions. Remember there is NO Diplomacy, so war will be constant..."

I think its a simpler objective, also giving a "Limit" to Conquestday (to measure Time Played).
Another reason is I doubt a player that controlls 8 or more can be really stopped -> leading to obvious ending.

@JB87: I Like your fantasy Map, in fact I think its very cool for Worldmap...
Can you create from the same map a version for 2-3-4-5-6 players?
2 players: 8 regions
3 players: 12 regions
4 players: 16 regions
5 players: 20 regions
6 players: 24 regions
The original Worldmap, must have all Regions in White (or Orange in your Scroll design Smiley).
Dont worry about your "Letter instead of Number" for every Region, or different "Faction Colours": those things are of minor importance. The Regions List Code refers more to the Map Scenarios available than to their numeration Wink

2 suggestions:
a) Map size smaller: if the whole worldmap can be a bit smaller because there will be tons of that Map uploaded, each time showing the current Domain changes.
b) Darker dots: Its hard to distinguish the Connections with those Red dots over the Scroll background (if you see there arent good results, try with "black bridges" instead).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:03:45 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Leibniz
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 11:45:28 PM »

Hi all, Im up to this!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »

Thanks for joining in the fun Leibniz, myself and Neo always enjoy battling against you.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Neo
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »

As I talked to Olly I'll probably not play this conquest, so feel free to substitute me, anyway im up to battles.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:01 AM »

I'll be around to make the numbers even if need be.

Dinasty (Dynasty) looks really boring skeles and sloww mummies Sad  its not just playing as them but against them too.  Maybe have them share units from Sylvania them wraiths or wights?  In return Sylvania can have lol zombies Smiley

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Leibniz
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »

Good Suggestion.
Leibniz
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 01:01:38 AM »

Im out of this conquest too, but good luck on this! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up