March 28, 2024, 10:07:10 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament September  (Read 49758 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »

Can i play this tournament? I'm noob...

Sure, everyone can take part, if you don't forget to confirm your sign up a few days before the tournament starts.

Today I had a chat with Jeronimo and he will moderate the whole tournament. Thanks for that!

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 06:14:55 AM »

i should be able to play Grin

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »

[Jeronimo] I have everything coolly thought. You will have ruleset for 16th of this month.

Dont worry. The name of the Topic will be Jeronimo's Legacy  Wink

Fair Omen "FO" and Goldpoint "$." systems. Modalities (Default Battle, Gold Endurance, Race Endurance and Tournament) and other contributions to community (some tactics, the Code which is optional to employ, hehe)

September Tourney will use Fair Omen.

Goldpoint is just another valuating system, that uses points and NO tables (from my point of view is SIMPLER than Table Points, and of course... creates balance between DO flaw prices)
"$." is my system to use with Dark Omen: slightly balances the game.
For a full balance you must play "FO": Dark Omen recreated  Cheesy

I explain all this for new members like Daendil. I know admins already know my works (except $.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:39:38 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »

i hope we will use standard tournaments fixture? (with usual groups A/B semi and finals?) cause as it being advices by bembe using "survivial approach" will be inproductive due massives of time used.

i also expect lots of armies like "wizard3lvl+others".  will it be 5k tourney?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »

[Jeronimo] Hello Alavet.

Yes, has Alpha and Beta Groups, its different, first stage (groups) are like previous Tournaments. I like more the idea of "Multiple skill battles", means you test urself against many players, (2 battles each one, turning host) is to say you play against many of ur group, not only 2 guys and then (if lucky ur opponent are not very skilled) go to semifinals.

I like the way each one plays against others at least 2 battles, and sum points. (its better when is variated)

About k.... I wanted a 9k Tournament, something 9k/FO. What do u think? (since respects same time groups stage)

Of course,,, lvl3mage+others Alavet, and in 9k,... will be nice, very very nice.

I decided to use "Races Endurance" in Semifinals, Finals, the 4 first positions you know.
Experience Duel between 4 finalists... something different in relation with groups stage...

I hope I cleared up your doubts. Be patient, I will post everything soon. Wink
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:38:38 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »

I may not be free this week-end... Embarrassed

Same for me :/
Villentrettenmeth
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »

I wanna play! Smiley

Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 02:37:14 PM »

Hello, guys!
I'm new here, and very glad to meet you all.
Was happy to found this site as well as discover that there's still a lot of fans of the best game ever Smiley («...Horned Rat» rocks too)

I would really love to participate in the tournament, but I need to know a lot of things... For example how armies should be built, and approved etc.
Please give me a link or something where I could find out about all this.

Thanks.

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »

Hi Jim. We use a special ruleset this time. Jeronimo will post a complete guide about this ruleset soon you should be able to find most things out by reading it.

Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

Ok.
Well I've just tested everything, by playing several games with my friend. So I think I will participate in the tiournament (if nothing unpredictable happens).
When are the new regulations to come?
The start date is very close.

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »

I prolly can't play.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »

[Jeronimo]

@WHF: ohh what a pity. See you in next tournaments.

@Community: Fair Omen is ready. Here you have the complete Mod/rulesets.
I also posted it in Multiplayer Rules section.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:31:07 PM by bembelimen » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

[Jeronimo] This is to make sure you will install correctly the Mod (although is already written in DOC)

INSTALLATION

First of all, extract files where Dark Omen is installed.
For not losing Original DO values, my ZIP has brings a carpet named “DO_Backup”.

Overwrite carpet "2parm" from GameData with the new "2parm" from my Mod: This carpet has all the Regiments changes.
To patch EngRel, you must use program LIPS (this was needed to compress Engrel archive for being too heavy). My EngRel archive brings the new Items costs.
1) Run Lunar IPS program, press "Apply IPS Patch" (a window opens), click on the Heart Icon called EngRel from my Mod.
2) A new window opens. SELECT FILE TO PATCH, change type from "Most Common ROM Files" to "All Files (*.*)" and click on the EngRel archive of Dark Omen (with this you are changing the Old EngRel for the New). After patching, a message will appear saying that you have made the operation successfully.

Returning to original game is the same procedure (using obviously the Backup archives)

* lips101.zip (42.59 KB - downloaded 356 times.)

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 06:36:58 AM »

[Jeronimo] Sorry I repost this, but the cause is good. After some battles against Alavet and Nitrox, I could realize that some changes to the Mod were needed (some troops+Items).

@Ghabry I also changed Ruleset of Tournament, making it shorter because of DISCONNECTS.
BKG was at 1500gc. Now is at 1560gc (this way you cant get 2 BGK with 3k or 6 with 9k). I tell you this because you were "afraid" Grin of fighting against 2 BKG at 3k. You're right (would be really disgusting against greenskins)

@Alavet: I took into consideration your Mummies+Banner of Defiance suggestion (now both are a bit more expensive)

Final ruleset is in "Rules & Standards" --- "Fair Omen awaits you here".
Will be 9k/FO, so start editing your army/strategy. Kiss

ito maquiesves
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

And here is the link to FO.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: