March 29, 2024, 01:21:28 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament MAY 2010  (Read 42405 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »

when i grow up, i wanna be a war reporter and put the vid here Tongue

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »

Just out of interest, are we allowed to use different armies though the tournament?

I've been told we're not but I thought the only rules were just don't play lame.  However some people are using different armies as they go along.

Not whinging about it just wondering what the rules are.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »

i bet your talking about me darkmancer ;] well im willing to be DQ or something because yes i had couple diffrent armies ;] i started making them around 6pm so technicly tourney was about to start. made about 6 armies tested them in group phase and deleted worst of them before semis

and i took only a quick glance at first page and didnt spot info about that ;/ i really need to take time and read those readme files hehe
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »

Either way I don't think DQ is nessary, but i've had a quick look though the first page and the fair omen ruleset and can't find a mention of it.

Its the phantom rule  Grin

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »

it is fine guys, i fixed 2 armies during the battles :S one of them i didnt use againt wku Sad so here i am Sad hehe wku, you always rock, more than a guy called Alav....et ahahahahahha i love you all

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »

hehehe it was alavet who stopped me using new armies, as I'd have kick his arse ;P

Just out of interest did anyone win with Greenskins vs another race?

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »

dark mancer didnt you see the vids i uploaded?? i won 2 times with greenskin :S

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2010, 06:46:06 AM »

i actually won our 3rd honour battle at Finals vs Wkurwiony (i lost 2 first ones) as being GS vs his Empire.

And GS won my semifinal battle with Flak (making it second victory)
actually i make a small trick at our semies with Flak.

I dont know why but Flak always tends to use GS at first tourney battle vs me. And i always laugh my ass off, imaging how i will steamroll it (i always think GS is the weakest army). Hovewer his GS armies usually pretty decent and ownz me good % of time.

So our first battle he used GS and i Empire (and my Emprie army is rather GS oriented, having elves + treeman) so i crushed it.

Second battle i was at loading screen with my Empire  trying to choose what army to use vs his UD - orcs or UD.. Apparently he started battle and i choosed Empire. Then he argued why the hell i swapped my chocie from Emprie (He wanted UD vs Empire, but he forgot i already used Empire). So we started with UD vs UD (worst matchup imo). Andi noticed he has x2 Black Grails, which bothered me a lot;  i had only 1 BGK and rather medium to weak rest army, which could be killed by BGK.. I had Vamprie with osiris also but it could be countered if he had antimagic item at one of BGK.

So game promised to be very uggly, hovewer we started and moved ahead; im not sure how it would be ended, game crushed when i sniped his necro with osiris, so we have to remake.

And then i asked him what if we play our "third" battle, skipping UD vs UD, cause if he will win my GS vs EMpire we'd have to play UD vs UD anyway; hovewer by this i could have soem chances to win right now, skipping scary UD vs UD matchup; and Flak agreed.

Which turned to the the msot epic battle for whole tourney.

Flak had something like x2 flagelaltns (maybe more?), ogres, x3 grails, mage + some other stuff i hvnt remebered (cause i still had Grend sprites and banners which was a big mess for me i nterms of identifying units). We played at Tutorial map.

My army were x2 scorpions (x3 per regiment), x2 trolls,  lvl3orcs shaman, x2 archers, x3 boar boyz. + mork banner, +3 swords (that was important)

game started as he moved hsi grails to the right flank and rest army to the left. I had fists of mork at my shaman, so i was pretty happy about it and moved hi mto the right flank; plan was to kill all his grails with my shaman, while overhelming his flagellants on the left one. At first it looked pretty sweet, i noticed Flak didnt controlled his Grails for round or two so i was happy they're not in battle and charged with my mage + fists.  Meanwhile several regiments of Flak fleed on the left flank and i managed to kil lhis mage so i was pretty happty how battle goes.

Sad thing, mage kileld like 7 grail kngihts and dead. OUCH! Then these regiments charged up my middle and caased fear to few regiments. battle just turned out from "EZ victory" to nightmare.
meanwhile i found several of my regiments awaked from fleeing so i could use them in battle. Left flank of flagellants cutted through my fleeing armies, ardchers handeled them for a few rounds though. I got some advantage at the middle and some of recovered boar boyz at the right flank so i engaged with 2 regiments vs his one 2 times. I used my swords constantly and it worked pretty well. After all, we found ourselves with fighting: his x5 flagellants + 2 ogres (with banner of defiance) vs my 6 boars + ~6 boars both with swords (storm & hellfire). game turned to the dice rolls and constant pumping strenght of units.

drama went futher, my Boars gettign slowly killed, but so do Flak beasts (and i didnt had unbrekability as he). And then disaster, i see my x2 boars white flag fleeing from x1 flagellant, and i realsie flagellant wil lcharge from the rear to my boars, but then suddenly flagellant dying while pursuing (lol).

Then it was like 3-4 boars vs x2 orges, also pretty dramatic moment, since i realzied i didnt have unbreakabaility and u know, ogres has Wounds=3 and thre was 2 of them. And they didnt want to get burned even after x3 roudns of using hellfire sword so i was desperated) Hovewer at the 5-6 round after using hellfire they just died (not fired though) and i won!

i imagine how painfull it was for Flak! I bet he will use magic swords now more! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:18:18 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »

nice story, how much for the movie ? XD hahaha alavet, why why i can never play against you!! , i know you are afraid to see me in battlefield. i will put my armybuild now!

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »

hehe it was a tight battle, i wish i had the items i my Empire army my GS had

I usually consider my GS to be my strongest armies and i like to get a good start to a semi
I also used them in the first group battle with ramiro

I made several mistakes in the 2nd battle i lost my ice mage as he got lost and killed by boars, and my damm elven archers got killed as they got too close to a boar regiment who routed my dwarf warriors.

I have nobody to thank but myself for losing that 2nd one

Good report tho

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2010, 06:34:17 AM »

Hey Flak why dont u post your armies?

i really think i try to record videos next tourney, cause soemtimes we have so much close battles like 1v1 fightings its so ridicilous and funny. And oh well, you could enjoy cannons maybe too (jsut like me).

could some1 post their battle report maybe? especially it will be itnerested if you culd desribe (by your memory) what happened and then video occurs so we could understand your motivation & FAIL

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »

Added some vids by itlerion

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: