March 28, 2024, 08:58:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament July  (Read 7461 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »

FOR BLOOD AND GLORY

Date: Saturday 28th July 2012 (5pm GMT 0)
Register Deadline: 26th of July Thursday
Confirmation Deadline: 27th July Friday

Ruleset:
Original Dark Omen using 3000/10
http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Rules/3000/10

Players
Olly
Hari8
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:04:46 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »

i think i will be here  Cool

if i dont forget  Tongue
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »

Please all confirm and for new players please remember its not that competitive, just the ideal time to gather all current players together.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »

conrifm x)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:05:22 AM »

Thanks for the good games Hari8 and testing Fortress map and Giant sprite ->

Battle 1 - My Scorpions sneaking round side and through secret tunnel and popping up inside the tower

Battle 2 - My Grail Knights storm the entrance

Battle 3- Your Vamp watching the battle and casting onto my troops below

3v0 to you, so I will have my revenge next time!

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:12:55 AM by olly » Logged

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19:06 AM »

Cool
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »

SO, how is the map, any bugs or problems ? Cheesy

that secret passage in the tower, is for purpose right? or a little mistake Shocked

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »

Come and test it out during next week's Tournament

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-august-t1136.0.html;msg11677;topicseen#msg11677

The secret tunnel is to gain access to the fortress  ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/new-beta-fotress-siege-map-t1001.0.html;msg10426#msg10426

"added a Secret Burial Mound that allows troops to walk through the cave entrance and appear in an underground tunnel that leads to a Fortress Tower, so they can gain access and flank the enemy! This acts as an incentive to cross the bridge and use the left hand side of the map...."

Beta Fortress Siege

Although the map is still in Beta (got to add more houses/scenery inside and outside of the Fortress, the map is just to showcase all of our latest mods and prove new maps and new sprite armies are possible. There are no bugs and the only problems are with Dark Omen's basic AI, that once they have been triggered (seen your troops etc) their simple order to seek and destroy, makes them ignore obstacles so they try and cross rivers/walk into walls if you are on the other side, instead of intelligently moving away and crossing a bridge or finding an entrance. This is why original Dark Omen maps are open areas/fields with few obstacles like a house or some trees and the enemy carefully positioned so they get killed where they are, instead of being expected to intelligently chase you around the map. Anything more complicated than a simple map will naturaly be more suited to Multiplayer, with hopefully a more intelligent player to navigate their troops better than the original game's AI. For instance, to fit your troops through the castle entrance/gate/bridges/tunnels, press + and - to make your troop regiments go into thin small ranks.

I'm currently working on a new rolling green hills map but it is far harder to manually create accurate height maps with lots of hilly terrain, than flat walls and towers, since we don't have an auto height map terrain generator. My fortress map is actually a modified black pyramids, final level map but with the pyramids removed from the 3d blender imported terrain map but also from the height maps.

In preparation of importing a hill or piece of terrian from another map, I have marked (made the first Tile 99 height, white and the next Tile be low 00, black) each Height Map Large Terrain Tile of the Black Pyramids Map, to provide coordinates when placing new Hills and slopes. However, inside each large tile are 64 (8x8) smaller Terrain Tiles, for finer smoother gradients like hills and slopes. A large Tile must be given the same height value of its lowest small tile and Large tiles can be told to reuse a group of small tiles, so whole rows of small height large tiles can be more easily made.

B5_01B

see the bottom row for edited smaller tiles

Total = Width 40 x 37 Height = 1480 Tiles, each with their own 8x8 (64) sub tiles for finer gradients = 94720 tiles ) thats alot of tiles for me to maually change!

The next step is to accurately locate a hill from B1_03 Height map, along with all of its subtile tiles, and paste into position on my empty Mod Map and in both small and large tile height maps.

Height Map, as seen using BTB Editor

Zoomed in

The easy bit is importing the 3d hill model in blender and adding to the terrain on my mod map but the hard part is Hex Editing all the data values of the height map terrain tiles, although large tiles can be told to reuse a block of smaller tiles to speed up the process a little bit.

Hopefully by understanding more about the height maps, a height map tool can be made that will allow fans to easily create their own maps soon.

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:39:22 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: