April 23, 2024, 02:43:22 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament January 2010  (Read 67202 times)
Kura
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:02:20 AM »

Hi trere I want to play in tournament as well. I vote for new balance mod of Wkurwiony becouse most players vote for it.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »

what?? he has 4 votes and i have 3 votes, it havent been actualized the vote counts, have you ever seen what the mods brings? wich units they bring... think for a while

you should enter the mods topic and read what htey are about.. h

here is mine, i added snotlings , snotling wagonet and the orc heroe grimor, to orcs, and put blood dragon unit to undead..

http://forum.dark-omen.org/sprites/adding-units-to-orc-for-multiplayer-mod-t652.0.html;msg6243#msg6243

and here is the other, that wich you said it had 1 more vote, because i presented my ruleset later, that is the reason it has more votes.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/rules-and-standards/new-balance-revamped-t658.0.html

and here videos using my mod

http://forum.dark-omen.org/rules-and-standards/i-present-my-multiplayer-mod-cdo-t656.0.html;msg6325#msg6325

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »

Stop telling everybody how "great" your Ruleset is.

Don't influence everybody in his Voting Decision...

(And I added all new signed in players to the player list)

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »

i told him to see mine, and wkuwyorni mod, not just vote it because have more votes... . so some one that have a mod and need votes, he has no chance because the other mod has 1 more vote?... this made me think that like in a voting situation votes should be secret, sending a pm to the admin sayin what vote you do.. so, the "more votes " influence does not exist Cheesy. is that a bad idea?? because if iam trying to influence, is because i ahve to fihgt against the public votes.. that influence in ppl desicion.

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »

I'd like to sign up for the tornament please.

I'd like to suggest a possible ruleset too.

Empire & Undead may only have 1 of any unit type.
Green skin may only have 2 of any unit tpe.

Exception, undead may have any number of zombies.

Items allowed Grudebringer Sword, the book of spells.  The greenskins may have morks war banner.

No unit with a movement speed greater than 4 may pick up or equipe any item.

* 4 is the moving speed of foot troops, units with fast movement are ogres, elves, vampire, & cavalry.

Players choose 2 races and create a 7k army for each.

Each player fights every over player 4 times. Once hosting with each army, once connecting with each army.

Each player must use a different race to fight the other.

Disconnects count as a draw unless both players agree the winner was obvious.

Any games unable to take place due to failing to host/connect count as a draw. *

2 Maps are chosen by mutual consent, each must be hosted and connected to by each party.*

Each player receives 2 points for a winning a round of 4 games, 1 point for a draw.

Sorry I didn't read this before but Excellent Ruleset, I will certainly vote for this sometime as very close to how I used to play many Years ago before we developed a Point System Ruleset. Your ruleset is very easy for any new members to get to grips with and the concept of playing multiple times could be used to take turns in playing Defensively with a Defensive army perhaps ( to eliminate opponent sitting on their Hill with archers and Arty and expecting us to march slowly upto them, as if they were playing Single player mode with AI).

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »

i told him to see mine, and wkuwyorni mod, not just vote it because have more votes...

Just to say I played with Kura many games, dont know how many hours would that be but a lot so he knows this mod. Btw he's pretty good i must say ^^ so watch out guys hehe
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 01:42:33 PM »

i actually liek Darkmancer idea but love to play new mods!
as for Darkmancer proposal, i like general ideas (especially item restriction for MS=5) but dont like:
4 battles vs one opponent (too logn time to play)
disconenct=draw (:-()
1 unit of each type = less flexibility =gold loss like 280 or 350 gc left which u cant use?
npt balanced armies/items = original gold doesnt counts some factors, esp. for items.

and finally, noone will choose orcs Cheesy.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

ich liebe dich ghabry

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 06:08:57 PM »

@avavet & olly

Yes, i tried to make the rules as simple as possible, although trying to make people use 2 sides was a mistake - 4 games are too much.

If you have more than 200 gold left, it's highly likely there's a better unit combo, chalk it up to an advantage for the greenskins (spid's & scorps 4tw)

Actually orc's arn't too bad, you will be able to field a full roster, of mostly top tier units + all the items.  The other sides will typically field 2/3ish top units then are forced into standard units.  I made a mistake of not allowing boarriders to use morks banner thou.

I think the max 1 unit of each type forces more flexibility, certainly a wider range of units will be fielded than usual, and it has a nice balancing effect (empire arty 1 motar, 1 cannon max, 1 flagellant, 1 bgk, etc).

Fairly inmaterial as the new mods are understandably more interest.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Satyrgo
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »

hi , i will play this Tourny, now i will use another pc, so i hope it has no connections problems. i vote my friend CDO mod
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »

Satyrgo plz double check if its working, as i dont want to wait that much again ;]
Satyrgo
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »

i will play with my friend in his father studio, it has 3 pc with internet Cheesy
raditz
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »

hi... i am practicing with ramiro a lot.. he explained me a lot about multiplayer stuff,  i want to play this TT and my vote goes to CDO, ramiros mod XD
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »

lol

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »

yep, i went to an argentinian wargames forum (WHF and W40K) asking if someone knows the old WHF pc game dark omen :$. and there are something like 6 ppl who said they do :O

ito maquiesves
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: