April 19, 2024, 06:48:24 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament February 2010  (Read 50098 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

ok. 3k is the final decision

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »

EGG DANCE

DO Feb.MPGDQ | by Aeva

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

All right, nice group mine Smiley
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »

ok fixture is ready.

Map Pool (copied from Fair Omen doc) can be found in the first post. Make sure that you know how the 4 Magic Words work!

And prepare your army BEFORE 5pm GMT+0. THX.
If there are any problems installing FO: Contact me in Hamachi or Chat before tournament start.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

That was your post 600  Smiley
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »

Tournament has ended

My observations are:
1) Magic Words limits a lot the gameplay (and Armybuilds).
2) There was much halberdier spam (similar HU Armybuilds).

I ll work on these fails..
If you want to add something, do it now.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2010, 11:45:04 PM »

Congratulations LordBrapus/Itlerion!

Thanks to all for organising and playing

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »

I don't enjoy being insulted over a list that I made that was compliant to the rules (or at least that's what I think the reason is.) . So I'd like to ask the opinion of the forum on this matter. Included below is a screen-shot of the battle where he insulted me. As everyone can guess flaming doesn't end with a few sentences so it went on a little while after this.

* sigh.GIF (81.68 KB. 800x480 - viewed 703 times.)

Ps. I quit that battle and we replayed because I was just an ignorant child that couldn't understand why an adult would reduce himself in name-calling, thanks for the rematch btw ;-) LordBrappus

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2010, 12:24:28 AM »

i am not adult, i dont reduce, i explained bembelimen that i threath in that way with ppl because is normal here of course that not all speak like that, but there are ppl and not few, a considerable portion that speak as i spoke to you, that was a brutal, or not "light" way of say taht you changed your starting positions regiments because you knew what armie i had ( because we had a previous game  that finished in conection lost, so rehost) , while you had all archers and i just 4 regiuments, any way i ws able to defeat you and i say sorry of telling that bad words toyou little child Tongue, about the little child i say taht befause i imagine that maybe you are like "mama he told me iam idiot" rather than a 18 years boy that know that the kind of "insults" i told you, are in joke way.

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2010, 12:26:14 AM »

ahh i dont liked walk for archers and crossbow only should be for mages and pistoliers. and blind should be oly for mages so i can shot what ever i want with the archers in wich i spented 540 gold ok=??

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »

Brapus/Itlerion is probably the youngest of us all and combined with his fiery passion for Dark Omen, it still doesn't give him the right to be rude and has now been told he is on a final warning about his unacceptable behavior.

None of us would like to see him banned, especially with all the hard work he has done but now understands he must think carefully before he writes stuff.

Harsh but Fair

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2010, 01:49:54 AM »

None of us would like to see him banned, especially with all the hard work he has done but now understands he must think carefully before he writes stuff.

I second this!!!

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »

Brapus/Itlerion is probably the youngest of us all

I don't think so Smiley
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »

The ruleset idea to use only gold as the limiting factor in building armies and esp. the new item cost's is a good idea.
Problems with unit spamming which im sure nobody really like not even the ones who use them but if the ruleset opens that option and it makes the strongest army tho boring as it may be then its legit and cannot be frowned upon.
A unit cap seems the only way to avoid this.

The item cost's seem well balanced to me, hard to fully judge tho when only 3000gc is available.
Unit cost's also seemed fine, tho again 3000gc makes it hard to fully judge it.

However the magical words ruins the tactics of the battle, suddenly archers and the expensive mages are of little to no use.
In my opinion all magical words must be removed from the ruleset or they will overshadow a ruleset that seems quite useful.
I can maybe understand a rule to keep hit and runs at a minimum, but to limit the use of so many regiments just ruins the game experience.

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 03:17:11 PM »

This is the first time the issue of trash talking has come up in our tournaments. I understand that this is quite common in multi playing and some people enjoy it or even think that it adds a personal psychological dimension to the competition, but at the same time it is also something many find very annoying and even alienating. Our official stance here is that we play and behave honourably, which means we are courteous in victory and gracious in defeat. Sportsmanship is what the game is all about.

Then again, I know lordbrapus is a nice guy with a good heart, and I see this as nothing more than a learning experience! So this will soon be put behind us in preparation for next time, right lads? Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: