April 19, 2024, 08:27:26 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament August  (Read 32525 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »

Everything is closed, the fixture is finished, have a lot of fun everyone, and be on time!! Join the chat at the latest 4:45 pm gmt+0 dst or you will be disqualified!

Please read also the restrictions!!

You have to use every race at least three times! (If you reach the final). In the preliminary round you have to use every race at least one time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:39:23 PM by bembelimen » Logged

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »

Battle pictures, not in the order :

(vs Alavet) Poor, poor goblin... :'(

(vs Alavet or Braprus) Damn, though mummies !

(vs Olly) It's not a cavalry, it's undermen on coward-horses D:

(vs Braprus) Oh, well, maybe not... Smiley

(vs Olly, 2nd) In fact they're heroes !

(vs Ghabry) Thou shall not pass, Elf-thing.

(vs Olly, 3rd) The final battle... Scabbarch against undead, why not...

I sadly don't have a picture for an awesome battle orc vs orc (hi Andi !), where a poor scorpio dies in pain... Tongue
And another one but I can't remember. >_<
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:34:53 PM by Kypper » Logged

See you, space scorpion !
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »

hello guys

a little hello from me on my travel, looks like its been a good tournament, and still is as no winner yet Wink

i would join chat but this computer wont connect eventho i installed java, who knows :Smiley

anyway have fun guys

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »

Congratulation alavet, deserved winner! I think you won every battle? Anyways congratz again Smiley

PS: don't forget to upload your armies.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »

Congratulations alavet and DJ/Nitrox,

Thanks to all for organising and playing.

I had some really close enjoyable Games.

1st match against andifresh 1-0 to my Elven archers

2nd match against Brapus 1-0 to my Goblins

3rd match against Ghabry, 1-0 to me, i saved up my Vamp Spells until his Vamp appeared behind me and I blasted him

4th match against Kypper, although sadly session lost but his game actually ended in my victory. 1-0 to my Empire

Semi Final against DJLeBomb and lost 0-1 but gg

3rd Place Battle that i lost against Kypper in a gg

Great Games, thnx all

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:30:05 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 08:54:51 AM »

hello every1, thanks for organazing this tournament, everything was fine (even group1 was little slow ,-) but i enjoyed some epic battles. i actually lost 1 time against DJ humans vs human, and we had terrible session of 4 games where games get crushed and one time it crushed only on me but my units were managed by AI (or maybe not managed at all?) and i also lost that battle but since it was bug we rematched it.

also i was kinda pissed off by one play agaisnt Polat where i left about 4 regiments against his necromancer and he used this harrasing hit-n-run tactic but i managed to catch him with 2 wraights and 5 skeletons - what a "phew" moment that ht didnt had teleport. //i htink we should implement some rule abotut it after all. also from one screenshot by olly is there was a bttle hit n run elven archers vs mummies?

as far as i know there is bunch of videos by Nitrox, DJ and maybe Kypper will be issued as well as Gharby one, so hope players which not played this tourney will enjoy it.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »

Hi Alavet,

yes there was a (Lame) "Hit and Run" moment between myself and andifresh, at the end of the match when my Elven Archers had to beat the mummies, for which I did apologise for(since the rest of the game was excellent play) but is it breaking any gentlemen's rule? ->  

"Don't play lame. That means, don't play run&hide&teleport games with your last regiment, if your opponent defeats all other units and is clearly better".

Then i guess it is.... sorry,  i always thought it was for Mage's only - the last time i looked and remember discussing how this would work for Pistoliers and Archer units, in terms of them giving up their advantages and now i know.

After throwing all my remaining units at the mummies, Halbediers, Ice Mage(original unit to attacked by mummies in melle) and Elven Archers - they understandably didnt have any effect, so I made the Ice Mage break off from hand to hand, along with the Elven Archers, so they could utilise their unique skills/advantages.

Sorry andifresh...and after discussing this further, I was glad to hear that Ghabry wasn't aware of this Last regiment rule either.

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:49:21 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Kypper
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »

as far as i know there is bunch of videos by Nitrox, DJ and maybe Kypper will be issued as well as Gharby one, so hope players which not played this tourney will enjoy it.

Nah, not from me, I corrupted my drivers, all the movies I made are green/blue/pink/flickering. Lips Sealed

Urza
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »

CRAP!!!

I'm so sorry guys, I had a reminder on my phone for Sunday!

My apologies for not attending, hope you had fun guys!

For Magnus the Pious. For the Empire!
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »

CRAP!!!
That's the reason why we added a confirmation ^^
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:11:23 PM by Ghabry » Logged

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »

I was on a vacation untill friday night and came out of my bed at 2pm GMT+1. So I couldn't confirm. Sry.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Nitrox vids are on since a while and my vids are finished too.

Kypper and DJLeBomb: Do you have videos too?

Kypper
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »

Nope. Sad

Yeah lot of vids ! Thanks !

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2009, 11:02:22 PM »

Smiley yes, i have like 7, but i have time to read, answer this, another thing to Olly and run, maybe next weekend  Tongue , bye

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »

DjLeBomb- sounds like your trying to bring my Honour into question.... I hope it's not becuase you were Angry that I hadn't linked to your Wraith Tests? As your Post sounded very unhappy.....

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/5-unknown-psychology-attributes-t512.0.html;msg4130#msg4130

However, if I must Defend my Honour, then as I have already explained- myself (Super Moderator) and Ghabry (Admin) were not aware of Bembelimen's (Admin) Change to the Gentlemen's Rules -From only Vampires/Mages to now Include all Units, if they are the last unit left then they must also engage in Hand to Hand.

My evidence is from the next day's chat after the Tournament when i read Alavet's Post...

[13:41] <olly> hiya, yeah sad to read that i made a mistake with the Hit and Run rules..  
[13:42] <olly> apologies to all- i genuinley thought it was for mages only
[13:42] <Ghabry> Mistake olly?
[13:42] <olly> http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-august-t457.0.html;msg4072;topicseen#msg4072
[13:42] <Ghabry> It is for other units too?
[13:42] <Ghabry> hm, good to know Tongue
[13:42] <olly> yep  (exactly)

So now we all know the change of Rules we can ensure this innocent mistake won't happen again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:24:09 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: