April 25, 2024, 02:39:33 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament April 2010  (Read 50126 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »

Welcome Rust and Leebowyer! See you in 1st May for some battles! Wink

i actualy think lorbrapus post is absolutely nto offensive and actualy suprisingly open minded...
Neither I could believe my brother would write such post.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 10:27:23 PM »

I didnt read all of it, and im tired of defending myself. Of course it isnt balanced atm, it needs way more testing. The way DOE wlrks has been the intention all the time. Most of your suggestilns have evEn been implemented. I always imagined giving balance feedback like 5k15, sincE i know I dont know everythkng.

You dont have to play it, Im not forcing anyone.

One example though: savage orcs have frenzy in tabletop
frenzy does: immune to psychology ( immune to fear), +1 attack and must always pursue (bloodthirst)
as you can see to make this work in DO some creative things must be done. If creativity wasnt used in making units, they would all act the same way and what would be the point of making new units then?

Most of the creativity and gEnious of the lists come from mormacili,  I just try to balance the lists with smaller changes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:36:26 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 10:57:33 PM »

I believe in your work Grend. Just that is twisted too much from real Warhammer Stats.
This is what my bro called Grend-Mormacili Style and not Warhammer Game.

When I offered myself to change Stats of Fair Omen (long ago) I immediatly found opposition (Nitrox remembers). In few words... respect Warhammer values (and DO).

If Dire Wolves have L3, dont make them L6+cowardly.
I also noticed our Treeman has -1 T (6 instead of 7)
Zombies have -1 WS (1! instead of 2). Was this necessary?

All this negative reaction can be reverted Grend. Follow these ideas:

1) Expanded should keep Warhammer TT values (if this is already imba, as Darkmancer posted, doesnt matter)
The points to touch are GOLD and SIZE, not stats. I have resolved my problems with FO by this way Smiley

2) Pass to 9k size, 6k of armies/3k of reinforcements for heroes and regular regiments, so we can enhance our army to our will. But here implement the idea of 24/32 for goblins, 16/20 for Kossars, etc.

3) I have been several months with Fair Omen despite being something "simple". I can lend you my balance Experience about the original regiments, but if you destroy their identities, i wont be able to give a sharp balancing help.

4) Since its a MOD, keep Total Freedom about Armybuild, except heroes. I would like max 1 hero per Type, not per Army as many say. Kislev: Combining Ice Bitch + Boyar boyz should be totally possible.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:07:03 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »

I never said one in total just one of each,

the ld 3 argument is stupid. Undead have different game mechanics in the table top than in this game. Porting the leadership without changes would be straight out retarded. Really tired of the two of you, and this whole annoyance of a project. How about contributing in some other way than criticizing obvious design choices that have a purpose, and try to do something useful?

Sorry about the bad manners but Im tired of defending this project as well as people trying to bully their own visions onto mine and mormacilis project. We didnt make this project to appease anyone here, we did it for our own enjoyment. If you disagree because you do not understand how this game functions compared to the tt then guess what? You will mostly be ignored.

Go back to the regular thing or play DOE, I dont care. I have more interesting things to spend my free time on than discussing this anymore.

On vacation
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »

umm back to the plot.

Confirm

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 01:59:04 AM »

Fine Grend. We will stop here (or at least me).

Yes my argument 3 is stupid, is not really an argument (just an idea).

Confirm.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »

Confirm for may \o/? if yes - confirm
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 03:12:19 PM »

During this Saturday's Tournament, may I politely request some new Dark Omen Expanded Showcase Movies Please-

So I can include them in my Recruitment Posts on other Game/Warhammer websites.

Ideally they will zoom into both Armies before Deployment to demonstrate the Camera Functions (Zoom and Rotation) and towards the end of each battle when we can afford to do so. If there is any chance of having English Voices then so much the better (sorry).

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »

Yes confirmation is open of course Wink.

k I will use English voices this time.

Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »

confirm
Rust
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »

confirm
Leebowyer
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »

Confirm

Jedem das Seine
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »

I'd recommend people not use the sample armies, or any created for the first mini tournament as you'll have a increase risk of crashing.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »

End of Confirmation. I will prepare the fixture.

About the rules: DOE rules apply (no BoW or HoU) and for army builds I suggest: Use every race once against an opponent. So you must have at least 3 armies. 12 Armies (12 races?) is the maximum. Only one army per race max!

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 02:45:44 AM »

I've gone though the spreadsheet and updated many of the details in it.  I'm sure there's still some mistakes in there, but it's alot more accurate than before.

I have also added a squads column, by entering how many squads you want of a particular unit, it'll work out the cost below.  I find it's easier to build my army in the spreadsheet, as the in game armybook, isn't very clear at the moment.

Finally, I think some of the artillary may still be bugged.  If your artillary is engaged in melee for a suspisious amount of time, hit the retreat button.  I think the empire cannon, and kislev motar maybe bugged. (*note this does not apply to the chaos dwarves, whose arty is meant to be super tough).

* Dark Omen Expanded Army&Builder.xls (71 KB - downloaded 315 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: