March 28, 2024, 08:28:46 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DOE Mini tournament Sunday 11/4 17.00 GMT (+0)  (Read 25299 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

At least post your armybuilds HERE Cheesy

I had made 3 Hyper-Strong Armies to show up... but well, I ll use them next time DOE is played.

Come on! I would like to see what did you guys create for the event (fresh and different banners Shocked)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »

Okay for feedback from the "tournament".

There's the problem with siege engines you know about (more than 1 side sufferes from it)

Ogres are far too weak they need a serious stat boost accross the boards, something like +1 w/s +1init & +1 wound (trying to keep them vunerable to missile fire).

Chaos are both a bit dumb and a bit overpowered.  The range of chaos tactics are between walk over and hit the opponent and well that's it Smiley  I think there's a few sides (bretonia, goblins, vampire counts) who are basically screwed when fighting chaos.

The lower rank Brettonia troops (men at arms, bowmen, trebuchet) seem to expensive for what they are, atm you might as well go pure high end.  Also the "grail guard" could do with reuduction in cost, and matching skill wise to grail knights, the green knight is a bit too exspensive imo, 900 be a better cost.

Chaos Dwarfs: fine except the choas dwarfs themselfs, i think the warriors need a small stat boost, also olly complained the blunderbuss's where causing lag, i suspect it's the firing effect.

Dark Elves: fine, great alround side, although the soul drain crashed the game between me and olly, so mage needs looking at.

Dwarves - only played against once, seems fine although hope you can solve the teleport problem.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »

Played some great games with some amazing looking sprites!

Darkmancer against my Wood Elves

Darkmancer's Chaos Dwarves (yeah it did seem that when 2 or 3 sets of them fired it caused lag)

My Orgres have alot of firepower but still lost againt Darkmancer

My Wood Elves fought bravely but Darkmancers Dark Elves rained down too many arrows.

Against Grend, we both thought he was going to win but then my fleeing troops regrouped and their charging back in, swung the tide.

WHF's Wood Elves beat my Wood Elves

My Chaos Dwarves beat WHF

Wkuriony won but my steam tank lasted well and was great to use

So great testing and playing and overall was great fun!

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:52:15 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »

Empire: Didn't play but maybe add a xbow/musket detachment?

Goblin Tribes:  Better than I thought, great fun.  I'd like to see more goblin leaders perhapes:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300318&prodId=prod840868
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300318&prodId=prod840846
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300318&prodId=prod840834

Knock the leader prices down to 300-450, for more mass army madness (rerember 1 leader max limit).

Vampire Counts: Seem to be fine but have huge problems against high end units.  Grend you mentioned wright being really good?  By wrights I presume you mean grave guard.  Now lets look at Vampire Counts Grave Guard Vs Chaos Chosen Warriors.

Grave Guard      4 3 3 3 3 1 5 1 8 3 12 900 Unbreakable
Chosen Warriors 4 5 0 4 4 1 5 2 8 4 10 900 Immune to fear, Bloodthirst

Sprirt Host was mentioned, I found them fine, but maybe - increase numbers make them unbreakable, and decrease toughness & LD?                     

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »

Thanks for some quality feedback Darkmancer, It seems adding spells are way volatile at the moment, so most of them will be removed again for the next version I think.

We prefer to operate using price changes instead of stat changes to keep stats as correct compared to WHFB as possible.

Well the idea behind prices on goblins atm, is that you have to choose between a huge horde (15) or an elite horde (10)

Grave Guard have s4 t4, as well btw, and yeah, unbreakable made them totally worth it.

On vacation
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »

Shame about the spells,odd that the raise the dead spell never crashed the game, yet soul drain did.  Maybe try temperoly giving necromancer the soul drain spell, and see if it crashes the game.  The New Balance mod had a linche with the soul drain spell and it didn't crash.

Re price changes, fair enough but certain lets say exotic units would be better with stat changes.  Ogres definitely.  PS the spirt host has 4 attacks in WHFB but only 2 in your mod :p

RE: Gobos a) it's only an extra 300gp, b) gobos are never overpowered even with "elite" units c) more fanatics doesnt always improve your army Smiley

RE chosen warriors, ignoring the increase w/s and extra armour, i think your really underestimating having double the number of attacks & immune to fear, with 2 w/s6 & strenght 4 attacks its going to be extremely rare before something beats them in h2h & beats the ld8.

and thats just an example take grail knights vs chosen knights, or pretty much anything melee vs chaos, there's many armies without ranged weaponry powerful enough to threaten chaos (high toughness, high armour). 

Is it me or has games workshop been a bit silly having daemons of chaos seperate to warriors of chaos.  Instead of say extenuating warriors of chaos with units of your choosen god?

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »

Actually goblins are extremely deadly atm because of their potions of strength.
I agree about Ogres being to weak still. Annoying how it is hard to properly deal with since we dont know how combat resolution is calculated.

Chaos can be flanked like any other army though, and they are extremely expensive.

Spirit Hosts in WHFB is a swarm unit though, so that comparison gets slightly warped since the same model has to be used for the wraith which makes it impossible to have it working as a proper swarm unit.

On vacation
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »

Expensive?  I find it quite easy to create 7/8 unit chaos armies, as trolls and hound seem quite decent troops.  Maybe support troops are too cheap?

I find it's chaos dwarves, VC, and Bretonia armies that i find expensive for various reasons.  

I dunno, I'll try to find some opponents to fight with Choas armies, but flanked or no I dont think they'll break easily.

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 04:01:45 AM »

Me Vs Olly Chaos Dwarf vs Bretonia
Things of note: Katrina's manly scream
aBretVsCDwarves.avipowered by Aeva

Me Vs Olly Chaos Dwarf Vs Dark Elf
aDEvsCD.avipowered by Aeva

Me vs Olly Dark Elf VS Elf

Things too note: Excellent elf cavalry nearly lost the left flank because of it.  Repeater crossbows - only killed one soldier - however he was a mage, really only worth gp due to the distraction they cause.  Going to try balista next time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:13:10 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 06:16:54 AM »

Good morning.

Perfect, the first videos are online, great entertainment during the breakfast. ^^

edit: 2nd vid still encoding, slow youtube :/

ok done, interesting battle. The pistoliers (With the nice animation) looked strong :O.
What do they say after 4:00? ("Our weapons...")
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:30:45 AM by Ghabry » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »

sprites eems great. chaos dwarves seems OP : ))) (fom oen video i noticed)
tourney needed!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »

well according to jer all dwarves suck regardless how theY do ingame :Wink

On vacation
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

Yep chaos dwarves are a bit good, but relie on blunderbus's to be honest.  Olly said they fire to often, but maybe is cuz so many fire at once as all 3 lines fire?

Re Ghabry - "Our weapons pass though it" - they're fighting the greenknight who's a wraith.

More videos later today.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

btw have you used GameRanger?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »

Darkmancer, link to the 3rd video?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: