March 28, 2024, 09:35:16 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: xslots ddraw.dll/ddmod.dll not working on GameRanger  (Read 22657 times)
Aldark
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

Thank you all!

It was pretty easy, thanks to Ghabry. Smiley

I was avoiding the ms crt mess because the vc libraries break backward compatibility with old versions of windows.

rant:
It looks like MS is trying fix their shit on Win10 using ucrt which *might* be useful once *everyone* migrates to win10.
MinGW compiled stuff links directly to mscrt.dll which microsoft says not to do.

Yep, but crt is necessary evil to write clean code. No STL = no life. Cheesy

... Today I learned, mingw seems to declare printf with "C++" linkage to prevent gcc from replacing it with its own intrinsics
/facepalm  

Classical production kludge. What version of gcc/mingw did you use?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:45:12 PM by olly » Logged
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »

I was avoiding the ms crt mess because the vc libraries break backward compatibility with old versions of windows.

Yep, but crt is necessary evil to write clean code. No STL = no life. Cheesy

I don't like using C, is so inconvenient, C++ adds so many useful stuff, at least std::string.

I always compile using the static CRT and never had problems. I don't target platforms older then XP. Actually I even dropped XP support now (if you really need it simply recompile using the v100 compiler...). My latest patch is compiled using the VS2015 CRT, still works fine inside of Dark Omen.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »

Developer status awarded to Aldark for his sterling work on this and also to Crash, sorry I forgot I hadn't already promoted him. You will see why in the How to map mod tutorials and also for his own sprite tutorials -amazing!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: