April 23, 2024, 07:23:38 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hidden Dialog in EngRel.exe found/enabled!  (Read 5954 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »

Note: I couldn't find a good forum section for this, but "tools" is the nearest one imo Wink.

This modification allows you to select a PRJ-File in the Loading Screen (if you select Tutorial or New Campaign). It seams to be a debugging feature left in by the devs Smiley.

Screenshot:

I couldn't find any other FileDialog-Calls in the exe-file. So there are no other hidden FileDialogs... (but maybe other things? Wink)

Download:
* doprjdialog.zip (0.46 KB - downloaded 445 times.)
None (I will not distribute the EngRel.exe file. Does anybody know a good binary-file patcher so I only have to distribute a .patch file)?

You'll need Crypth  (German) (Espanol) to patch the EngRel.exe.
At first I wanted to use the IPS-Format but because it's DarkOmen I wanted to use a Scriptformat by Mika and Smurf ^^. Extract Crypth somewhere and then doubleclick the cry-file and select "Always open with Crypth.exe" in the Windows Dialog.
doprjdialog.cry: Enables the Dialog
undo_doprjdialog.cry: Disables the Dialog (if you have forgotten to backup your original file Tongue)

The FileDialog doesn't work well with any Windows-Versions after Win98. If it freezes in the loading screen press ALT+TAB to tab out and in to Dark Omen. Then you should see the dialog. To enable ALT+TAB for Vista you should download the Vista Crashfix (German) (Espanol) (Please note that this patch is only activated if the file has the name EngRel.exe!)

The patch is universal for any Dark Omen Version. (Don't forget to run Crypth.exe as Admin under Vista if you have Dark Omen in a "protected" directory (C:\Program Files\ e.g.))

* doprjdialog.zip (0.46 KB - downloaded 445 times.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:18:51 AM by Ghabry, Reason: Added CRY-Script files » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »

Very Cool!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »

I added a patch (not the EngRel.exe ^^) to my first post. So you can enable the dialog now under your version of Dark Omen.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

Good to see Crypth again!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
shannon
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:35:32 AM »

Howdy is there anywhere i can get some .cry scripts i saw someware a poke to disable the limit on the amount of magic items you can buy.
and i wanna try it

no hurry
Shannon who thanksyou.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »

You can find this patch here

Just create a text file and copy the script in it and then rename to cry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: