March 29, 2024, 12:23:51 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why it's hard to be a pro  (Read 4445 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

Looking back to ages which i spent for this crazy action game i can't remember any day without thinking about it.

The game haunted me in my life everywhere - at day work, at street walking, at shops at holidays or in my dreams. How many times i found myself at the middle of the big city discovering i just walked several blocks of houses thinking about cavalry advantages and weaknesses? how many videos i watched just to see this miracle moments, where even the worse armies wins? How many nights i spent sleepless, studying manuals, in thouthands attempts to discover new tactics? How many games did i lost just to find myself against same opponent once again?
I can't remember.

Now, after all these attempts it's obviously started to get rewarded - my effort wasn't vained. I found that people around me, at shops, at the restoraunts or even at my work start recognizing me and asking for autographes, girls  were surrounding, if i only get out; reporters wanted for the interviews... TV shows... hotels and millions of admirers...the hardest torunaments, finals... Endless nights of fights, loses and winnings... Eventually you're getting tired.

Top edge is a tight place. Only dozens can play on a high level, only few able to reach the peak. Same opponents, diffirient tactics. Old or new fashion rules; weak or strong opponent - no matter what, sometime you wil lose. Because this game will never be the same - It evolves with our mind.

That is, chess is not an easy game, and never was.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:54:55 PM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »

well now i fell like kicking your ass in chess Wink well im not the best player but i think i can handle you Smiley

www.kurnik.pl ? ^^
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 03:18:44 AM »

ahahahaha oh mann alavet, you sounded such a nerd of chess.. i am sure i will always loose against you in chess , iam baaadd .. but jeronimo, i am pretty sure he cant beat your ass and he havent read or study strategies or tactics Tongue you can arrange a  game and play it online Shocked i will tell him to contact you :S

ito maquiesves
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »

I used to play chess and I was very hard to beat Tongue

Long long ago...

I like how you Alavet tried to write everything with minimal spelling mistakes!
Better writing style... as I say, we are facing a Neo-Alavet nowadays, he has evolved.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:03:39 AM »

ok guys what i did its just tried to make little essay in english in a good way, like i was trying to make a speech. i have no clue at chess (used to go chess club but was horrid) i have no patience for it. or motivation.

its clear a joke when im saying "millions of admirers" Cheesy

but i thought it would be fun
1) disguse you first like i was trying to talk about DO
2) provoke more flame talk at this forum. i like how at big forums you could see some disgused psots like that or something funny.

and i like how english could be such a excitement language for speeches. for some reasons it would be way less insiprated in russian language.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »

haha yea, jeronimo and me thinked that you were talking about DO, but i said, that in some way it was like an indirectmessage , caused by the last tournament in wich youHAVE FAILED hahahah poor alave, he is no longer the pro hard player to defeat .. and now.. he is a zombiee with a crossbow! admit it alavet, you are depresed so you lost your skin and flagelant soul, so now you ar a zombie.

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »

yes, flagellants were killed and ressurected to the zombie!  but sometiems zombies could be more dangerous than fanatics! (tip: they cause fear)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: