March 28, 2024, 09:41:42 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What other games are your favorite (old or new)  (Read 8854 times)
Cov99
Troll

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:55:19 AM »

Dark Omen and...  Unreal Tournament  (original version, have to try new ones)
me loves them
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:20:14 AM »

i still have the original instaled and someimes play it,its a very good game Smiley
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »

I have UT04 and still playing it online, I'm loving it.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »

UT, DO, Final Fantasy VII, Starcraft, Diablo 1-2, Warcraft 2....And my favorite RPG Baldur's gate! Cheesy From new games it will be Mass effect Wink nwn 2, Warcraft 3

There are more...But i'm gonna make a list for a 1-2 days of my favs games Cheesy.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:50:28 AM »

scorch 15 or scorchered earth, a d.o.s game i played it during hours, even dont sleep or eat years later i downloaded the 3d but i like more the old one.

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »

Perhaps the best game every made is Lucasarts' LOOM. Brian Moriarty's masterpiece (Brian Moriarty of Infocom (Zork and Trinity Project among other games) fame). Then Monkey Island I and II and Grim Fandango are among the very, very best games ever made.

An old favourite was Druid for the C64, and one of my first favourite PC games was Alley Cat (probably ca 1985). You pipsqueaks yabber on about Final Fantasy this and Baldurs Game that, but if you haven't played the original RPGs (Electronic Arts' Wasteland and Bards Tale games; The Phantasie series from 1982; and of course Origin System's Ultima games [especially the fourth to sixth games]) then you know nothing! Smiley

Regardless of what people try to claim (nostalgia factor, more contents today) games simply were better before. They were under constraints so they had to be clever. They were expressions of imagination and passion since there were no templates to copy-cat or mass-markets to attain. Think of it like this: that was the age when all modern genres were established, and virtually nothing new has emerged since.

tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »

baldurs gate was a wonderfull game
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »

Yes, it was, I didn't say otherwise  Cool

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »

i played shining force 1 and 2  are rpg but from sega :S, lords of realm from d.o.s and Castles from d.o.s , i just love d.o.s graphics and game play they are like little little pixels soldires, or like ishar messenger of doom jua! tin that game, my brother hires all and them make them kill one each other to get their gold and equipement, and keep the best characters.

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 07:33:08 PM »

Also, DOS graphics (that is Mode#13 [MCGA 320x200 256 colours]) was a joy to program for! It started at address $a800:0000 and each byte was a pixel from a 24-bite RGB palette. It was lightning fast and easy to calculate, manipulate and update! I loved coding gfx for MCGA! Smiley

tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

heroes of might and magic 3 was one of the most fun games i ever played
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

heroes of might and magic 3 was one of the most fun games i ever played

Yeah, that was perhaps the best of the series. It also had a number of very good expansions! At the same time as HoMM3 there was another turn-based strategy game called Warlords, iirc. It was very good! If I am not mistaken, Wesnoth is largely based on that game...

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »

Also, DOS graphics (that is Mode#13 [MCGA 320x200 256 colours]) was a joy to program for! It started at address $a800:0000 and each byte was a pixel from a 24-bite RGB palette. It was lightning fast and easy to calculate, manipulate and update! I loved coding gfx for MCGA! Smiley
well i just use paint hahahahha

i have played hours and ours to homm from d.o.s  with my brother and sister :S it has undead orcs human and fairies?
 and doom 1 ahah i like running with the chain machine? that one to cut trees Tongue

ito maquiesves
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »

Uneal tournamen. diablo 2, total annihalation, age of empires, warcraft 2-3 (i find the 2nd one much better because of the lore Smiley ) but the all time favorite is starcraft (besides DO that is =))

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »

Star Control-2 remix  (Urquan masters)  is very good game! For all the times!
Jagged Alliance 2 
X-COM 2 terror from the deep

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: