March 29, 2024, 12:04:56 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THIS IS MY ARMOUR PROJECT  (Read 14664 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »

Hi every one!  in this topic i wanna show you how i spent my freetime here in argentina, la plata city!.

since i have 9 years old, me and my bro (he12 years) fight with the neighbourhood with sticks, during years until them stoped playing and the only one who still like the fights were me, and maybe my bro. so i started making hard hard paper armours, like this one

well taht armour has been desintegrted because in a 1year and 2 month old battle i reciebed a shiriken impact on my back and well, i lose some blood , and others things more.. so, that was my ilumination, from there and after i started buying fiber glass and poliester resin. and star drawing armours and armours until i made my first one

here the desing in green colour

here the first steps of the making of the armour

here with the armor on

the arms:

and well there are more parts like shoulders and headprotection ...
any way i still liing fiber glass but it is so nusty and bad smell to work with, that i thinked : maybe i can buy and try the kevlar, the material used to male bullets proves vest, and mixed with epoxi , i can make plates, used to build bigh ships nowadays. so well i did but kevlar (8mt2)

i did lots of drawings since january month and finally starde making the armour 7 days ago:

first i made it in hard paper and then pack it with cint.

then i start working and after make 3 layers i start taking off the kevlarfrom the packing cint. and look like this

then i cutt the armour in the half and start putting the hinge and the rivets to finalyy have a nicesuit armour chest :O
here you can see from inside:

well the armour is being made yet, i will upload more photos later, and photos of a fight i am going to have with my brother and 2 guys ... bloody days :O hehe i say googbye leaving to you a photo of mine resting on kevlar with a pro model pose. 

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 01:05:24 AM »

"The Brave Warrior, resting after battle!"

jj

Will your Space Marine suit be made from Kevlar as well?

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:08:24 AM »

hey haha i forgot, this photo from a project i left in "stand by" and maybe never wil finish it.

guess what amour is about? Tongue (space marine)

and here the photo of my avatar, but bigger. in the photo iam wearing the cotton-like vest that goes under the fiber galss armour to make the impacts harm lesser. the same with the head thing Tongue

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »

LOL, u should finish the Space Marine suit, its quite good!

(Don't worry you'll grow into it, one day)

jj

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 06:10:35 AM »

wait, so im browsing it from my work and looking at some photos and i just imagined soem1 comes when my screen accidently goes down and then your photo.. OUCH

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »

haha now that would funny alavet

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »

wait, so im browsing it from my work and looking at some photos and i just imagined soem1 comes when my screen accidently goes down and then your photo.. OUCH

The best part of you reply was the look on the face of your avatar! Cheesy

lordbraprus, I am utterly astounded your parents haven't disowned you yet! Tongue

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »

jajaj come on gu/ays havent you see a man or a cute boy in the beach ? i have another photo but i think taht is worse than that one . because iam with a shinning blue construction helmet jajaja mikademus my parents acept me has i am jajajaja

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »

first X-rated topic and i never expected we would have on on dark omen  Grin

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »

it is XX almost triple X

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 03:26:17 AM »

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »

I predict it will take about 38.5 seconds of wearing before it will have that wonderful aroma that you will otherwise only find from the fat guy eating Doritos in the hentai section of cartoon conventions.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »

how hard is the fiber glass?
its the same as boats are build of right?
Looks like a Greek Hoplite Breastplate

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

I predict it will take about 38.5 seconds of wearing before it will have that wonderful aroma that you will otherwise only find from the fat guy eating Doritos in the hentai section of cartoon conventions.

hahaha well listen i have just fighted during 2 hours against a 1,80 metres 29years old man. the smell appeared after taking of the armours, i used the shinning one and he the other one, the ehing is that like flak ask, the blue armor is made of fiber glas, and it is hard enought to stop a crosbow shot (jeronimo shooted me SEVERAL times) and lead shots from an air compressed weapon , anyway , the black shinning armour is made from kevlar....

and i have to say that i kicked that man ass as i will do with all you, included mikademus hahaha

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »

lol jeronimo voulinteered to shoot his brother with airguns and crossbow bolts how sweet of him

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: