April 20, 2024, 09:40:17 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need help with Blender  (Read 4974 times)
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »

Guys, I need some help with Blender. This has something to do with Warhammer.

If anyone has any experience with it I would really really appreciate some help.
This is a piece of a very weird software. Every time I find a tutorial or an example and try to do the same — it just doesn't work for me.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate that a lot.

Curretly I cannot apply a texture to a mesh.
Spent the whole day googling — nothing helped...
I've cursed the entire world already Smiley

HELP

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »

from our last try, do u now have Blender 2.47 installed and as we already know, it is Quicktime that fixes the textures incorrectly appearing as magenta/pink. Remove all traces of your current Quicktime and Blender and keep trying, or ask some who has Win7 64bit to test with Blender 2.47 and Quicktime installed, along with Rob's Dark Omen .m3d Python Import/Export scripts. It maybe related to where the scripts are installed on Win 7 64bit compared with my Win XP which is  ->

C:\Documents and Settings\X\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

(Although i'm pretty sure Rob uses Win 7 64bit so must have worked for him when he developed them)

As we know, the latest version of Blender doesn't appear to install the scripts folder in the same place for me on Win XP and I am also more comfortable using Blender 2.47 and my tutorials are also based on it. I think you said u had a slightly newer version than 2.47 so unistall it and install 2.47.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/create-3d-scenery-tutorial-t797.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jim
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »

Hey mate!
Thanks.
Actually I was working on a different thing. I was just creating a map from scratch. And wanted to put grass-texture on it.
Then I'm importing it into Flash.
But I couldn't make the texture, and it was killing me.
So I found a #blender IRC, and some guy helped me Smiley

But I'll still need somebody to brainstorm some problems.
Very difficult to work alone.

Online Map shuffler
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 07:24:21 PM »

Glad you got it all working and are up and running, what was the fix?

Also please post your ideas and plans as im sure we would all be interested in reading them and helping where we can, especially as they may count towards a possible Dark Omen remake!

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:36:41 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jim
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »

Sure. As soon as I have something not so shameful to be shown, I'll post it here.
It will be a 3d terrain probably first.
Then I hope I'll be making progress, and will be updating the demo-app.

I'm currently having problems importing .3ds.
At the same time I'm thinking about pathfinding on 3d surface. That is very complicated problem as well.

Online Map shuffler
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »

Path finding should probobly be left till later when you have a working world, as changes you make to your model / height map / troop systems will just screw it up.

Once you are ready, I'd advise you to break it down into a 2d system with nodes/pregenerated route around static obstacles.  Rerember you need to take into account temporary & moving obstacles (firestorm, enemy & friendly squads) so you will probobly have to do multiple checks as the squad moves along its route.  Simplify as much as possible pathfinding or it'll burn though your cpu.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: