March 28, 2024, 11:09:34 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just saying hello and have a question  (Read 4828 times)
sasigns
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:30:23 PM »

I used to play DO many many years ago. I was wondering does anyone know where to download the game from now .. A copy that I could try out all the mods from this site. I have seen a few torrents but none are seeded Sad
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »

greeting sas,

I got my copy on ebay afew years back, but taking a look now its becoming very hard to find for PC. Even myself I play from a ripped iso for fear that my old disk might break.

I dont condone piracy but seeing as EA doesnt make any more new copies of DO I see little alternative for new players. I have little knowledge of torrents hopefully another member will be willing to help and post a solution.

currently I know Mika has been developing a free version for about a year now http://forum.dark-omen.org/omg-wartbed/whats-being-worked-on-at-the-moment-t675.0.html and Olly has been working hard on the new Fortress Map with the help of existing Mods http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/new-beta-fotress-siege-map-t1001.0.html

As I am also new to the community I dont know if this question has already been asked/resolved in the past. can someone direct sasigns to a copy of the game? as well as sothr for good luck  Grin

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:31:23 PM »

here Wink i am seeding this

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4879868/Warhammer_Dark_Omen_XP-Vista-7_(eng-ger-fra)

when you get the game, please, make a back named "dark omen files" or however you want,  because the mods remplace some files from the game, so.. you SHOULD have the original files to re-put them after test a mod Smiley

oh... welcome! Cheesy cya!

ito maquiesves
sasigns
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »

Thanks downloading it now.. I have a windows xp machine and windows 7 .. is one better to run this on?
JB87
Orc Boy

Professional Monster Hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »

I would recommend XP. had a hella of time getting it working on Win7

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »

yep, i have XP Wink

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »

I run it fine on win 7 with no problems.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: