March 29, 2024, 11:18:18 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just downloaded DO2 on my PSP  (Read 5272 times)
Swing
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »

Well it's taken me forever but I finally managed to download DO2 on my PSP. I already had Shadow of the Horned Rat too, but I gotta say I'm really really impressed in the graphics of DO2 for PSX as opposed to on the PC. I can't say much about Shadow though because I can't run it on my computer even with 256 bit colors. Also when I played DO2 on my PC it wouldn't show the cut scenes so I can finally watch those. I heard that there was an update/upgrade for the graphics for the PC version of DO2. Also I would like to know about any map editors or any campaigns that you guys have made for DO2 cuz I really like it and would love to get more into the game. Thanks guys!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »

Hi and Welcome, it's a Great Time to Join our community

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

SOTHR on Pc and PSX

Fix for SOTHR on WinXP,Vista,Win7
http://forum.dark-omen.org/tactical-wargaming-and-other-warhammer-games/shadow-of-the-horned-rat-t121.0.html

Shadow of the Horned Rat for the Playstation, came after the PC version and is much more 3D and Dark Omen for Playstation runs in 3D mode, which the PC version can do but the screen flickers on WinXP,Vista,Win7, so we all have to play in CPU mode. Unless you have Win98 (hehe) or an old style CRT Monitor capable of 100mhz, along with an Nvidia Graphics card, that can be set to stop the the screen flickering in 3d Mode. However, recording any battles (FRAPS) would produce huge movie files, as it may have to run in 100fps.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html;msg1394#msg1394

Hope to see you in our monthly Tournaments and enjoy the alternate new Campaigns!

Smiley

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:00:55 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
archer7
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

Hi,im new here but a long time fan of dark omen&sohr.Im thinking of trying to install these games on my vista pc.But the question i have is how do you download these games to the psp?I would love to do that but i dont know how any help would be apreciated,thanks.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

Hi Welcome, its a Great Time to Join -> New Maps and Warhammer Races, Monthly Tournaments and Conquests

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

To play Playstation 1 games on your PSP -> Sounds like u need to update Firmware and run PopInstaller

How to play PSX games on PSPpowered by Aeva

It's such a shame that Dark Omen on the Playstation was not Link Up, like Command and Conquer etc but great that the PC version is Multiplayer and Moddable.

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:59:46 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
archer7
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply,Im still not sure how to do the psp download after watching the video.I have both the pc & ps1 versions of the games.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:35:20 PM »

I dont own a PSP so can't help u but i searched Google for some more info which I have now sent u. I had a quick read about converting your PSX game into an iso and then into an eboot, to then download it to your PSP via a USB cable or something similar.

Good luck!

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:42:12 PM by olly » Logged

archer7
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:50:17 AM »

Thanks for the help olly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: