March 28, 2024, 07:19:45 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How are you doing?  (Read 16348 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »

Hey guys
The board has been quite for some time now, i guess we may have played so much Dark Omen that a few other things has climbed above DO in priority for a while, thats just how it goes  Smiley

So how are you doing?
and what are you up to these days?
any interesting new games your playn?
and any other news?

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »

Ill go first  Wink

I am doing ok, no work again for a bit but come march ill find more, some peace is nice some times Smiley
Currently i have not been up to a great deal, some work on the house is all
except ofcz for my increased time to enjoy a few new games, mostly Civilization V and Victoria 2, in my mind the terrible Civ4 has been put to death and Civ5 is a proper follower to Civ3.
Else than that i still find a little time to work on a new DO campaign but its time consuming and i lost ½ my work a month ago which is a bit discouraging but i will just have to push on.

hope to hear from someone else too  Cheesy

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »

yeah its been too quite..

lately i tried myself with vector art, still cant make good vector face and its killing me, as i want to do it so bad ;] well practice practice and more practice for me, other than that ive made facebook account which im still kinda sceptic about, those things people write there hehe.. oh and ive been on GBH concert but wasnt as good as i thought

as for games i want to play civ5 and new fallout when ill get rest of the hardware for my new comp, that last part is taking so long..

cheers
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »

im checking forum every day once or twice per dya, but yes, no posts lately.. as for myself i didnt played dark omen usually at working days for a long time, now i cant use weekends too, cause i have a poker club activity.

for my routine life i'm working hard at work and duh no much time when i came at home at 8pm i'm able only to play several games. i enjoyed new fallout new vegas, and other game is starcraft II - im playing UMS map Marine Arena. its exciting thing. apart from these nothing specially

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »

Hi!

I have just finished my last job and now have a vacation, perhaps all the way until next year! I'm programming a lot again and am starting to look into RTT coding! I've really missed it while working full time! A friend and me are trying to create some small games we can sell and try to make a living from that so we can work with what we love!

And I really miss you guys! Tongue

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »

Work continues as ever and I'm still working on New Maps and Buildings etc.. Takes a while but hope to get some new screen shots posted soon.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/trading-post-misson-1-expanded-t796.0.html

Nagash (from Ovotech old Dark Omen site) visited a week or so back and wants to create new campaign storyline, such as replacing the Storyline Talky bits within the game, so showed him Rob's audio editor and Ghabry's Map Dot mod etc..

Good stuff!

Also played a few new members on GameRanger and have uploaded a Shadow of the Horned Rat Playstation and PC Emulator and the link for the Windows Pc version installer.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tactical-wargaming-and-other-warhammer-games/shadow-of-the-horned-rat-t121.0.html

As for new games, i've been watching my bro play the free World of Tanks game (excellent 30 plyr WW2 stuff) and Men of War (a cross between Commandoes, Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 and Company of Heroes)

http://www.worldoftanks.com/screenshots.html

http://www.menofwargame.com/mow/scr.phtml

Also very Excited about the 2 new future Warhammer 40k games, Dark Millenium Online and Space Marine RTS!

Warhammer 40,000 Dark Millennium Online E3 2010 Trailer [HD]DQ | by Aeva

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Trailer [HD]DQ | by Aeva

Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:56:12 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 11:46:39 PM »

My situation is normal, not great thing. Trying to get players for Etherlords II.
I opened an hamachi network for anyone who likes building decks, tactics with cards, you know...

Etherlords 2 Online - Jeronimo vs Slayerzark - 1º BattleDQ | by Aeva
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:04:39 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »

Hi everybody.

I don't often take a look in the forum anymore.
In less then one year I will have my degree and the final time is not so chilled like the semesters before. Lots of work to do that wastes my time ^^.

Some guy on youtube asked me btw if I can finish my Dark Omen playthrough. So I will try to finish it this year Smiley.
Oh and I have a secret modding tool in the makes. No, not a map editor. And there is already a tool for it but mine will be less low level to make it more user friendly.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »

great to hear from everyone, glad things seem to be fine all across the board  Smiley

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 12:55:41 AM »

That Ghabry Gabriel Grin Admin type: "Dwarven Informatic Engineer"... always creating new Tools to modify bytes!!
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »

Haha, yeah, "enigmatic dwarven engineer" is a good description of Gabriel! Cheesy

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:32 AM »

hou hou hou here comes ramiro, hi ^^

in my life iam awaiting time to start university in febraury so, in the awaiting time iam making sculpting works of warhammer for the argentinian wargames forum, and then i draw, esing my new (2nd) tabletop game, and play counter strike and mount and blade games, i love mount and blade Smiley is like counter strike, but with swords, axes, arrows, crossbow etc etc etc.. and i was recently asqued "ramiro, did you called to other country " uops yes i did, i called alavet hahaha the call costed 30 pesos, 10 dollars  a couple of minutes :/ .. Tongue

and well i keep with my sculpting work... and a new fiber glass armour is coming soon muahaha

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »

oh man i forgot happy birthday mate

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

Hi guys I`m pretty busy with real life stuff at the moment. I`ve undertaken a time consuming position in my student union, and that coupled with my studies has left me with less spare time than I`m used to. But it is interesting and fun so I do not mind. I might revisit the DOE project one day, (Still have all my wip files and stuff) but it does not look like it will be any time soon.

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

Good to hear from you all and we have a saying that "Real Life Always Comes First" so we will always be here to welcome your return and work continues on Modding Dark Omen and Expanding it even further.

Smiley

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:53:40 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: