March 28, 2024, 08:09:24 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi all there!  (Read 5953 times)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »

Yesterday I randomly found my old DO game and thought: "Why not?"
I had so much great fun with this game... really LOVED it, probably in my top 5 games ever... and thus, I tried to install it
As anyone know, it didn't worked... and I started to search... and found this site... follow the istruction to make the game work with W10... and it finally WORKED

I'm so gratefull to all of you for doing this INCREDIBLE work.

And what happened today? I had a "walk around" the site and find out there is a 2017 mod pack with, I don't know, twenty new campaings... really? Are you serious? I grant you I will play every single of them... I'm really looking forward for my "two hours free night time" to start trying them...

Thanks, thanks and again THANKS!!!!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »

Wow, a post thanking us instead of suggesting that our mods don't work, hehe you are most welcome. Yes multiple mod campaigns and some multiplayer that are compatible with Game Ranger. (They all come included in the Help Fix Guide)

We are currently working on Dark Omen 2 mod that adds new races such as Skaven, Dark Elves and more Dwarfs & Wood Elves, including their sprites, 3d heads and 24 new maps.

Great time to join in the fun and we also remaking the entire game in Unreal Engine!

Smiley

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:17:13 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

Is there any chance to activate subtitles for breafings in some manners? I can read english enough well, but I'm not so good at following speeches

It would be great
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Good question and I will have to check the unofficial Russian version, to see if they added subtitles that we can replicate.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »

I was studing mods to see how you can do it and I think I found some type of solutions

You can create some bitmaps with the dialogs and then add the bitmap with "DisplayBitmap", then stop the execution with a PlaySFX, with a message "Continue reading" and going on that way

I only had a first glance (because I'm considering to create my own campaign)
I tried to do that in this way (I copied the Wood Elf campaing to a MyElfCampaign folder) and edited the whmtg.txt file trying to understand commands found on http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/WHMTG/OpCodes
Code:
DisplayBitmap "[PICTURES]\subtitles.bmp" 250 250
PlaySFX "Continue" "Continue" 1 1 "H_KZ001" 0
RemoveBitmap
And it partially worked. The bitmap showed, the "Continue" buttons appears, then you click it and the subtitles bitmap disappear. The problem is that the speech do not start until you click the continue button... but I think the road can go this way in some manner....
I couldn't do much more because the OpCodes page is not complete and I cannot understand the difference between Speak, SpeakNoWait, Narrate and some other functions like playSFX (I do not understand the '1 1 "H_KZ001" 0' part)

Hope this helped

EDIT:
I probably misunderstood the meaning of SpeakNoWait, thinking it was the actual "speaking" of portraits...
If I'm understanding better now, you can add the subtitles near the speaker with "DisplayBitmap" before the "Narrate" command, then remove it with "RemoveBitmap" and add a new subtitle file with another "DisplayBitmap" near another speaker... or you can add a full subtitle bitmap with all the speeches with a single DisplayBitmap in the bottom-middle of the screen before the first "Narrate" and remove it after the last "Narrate"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:29:09 PM by Leilond » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »

All good stuff and learning, well done

Smiley

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 05:05:20 PM »

Thanks... now I'm sure. I understand that "narrate" is a single portrait talking, thus I can add my subtitle bitmap near the portrait before the "narrate" and remove it after it.

If someone is so kind and willing to send me the text for each "narrate file", I can create the subtitle bmp and change the whmtg.txt for that mod to make a SFX button for activate subtitles (italian, english, no subtitles) at the beginning of the first Meeting point and then add/remove the subtitles before/after each "narrate"
Then I can send back the whmtg.txt file and all the subtitles...

I only need to understand how the "PlaySFX" command... if it accept more than two choices (for example) and the meaning of all the bolded params: PlaySFX "Stay and fight" "Do not select this" 1 1 "H_KZ001" 0

I would be glad to give this little help in change of the text so that I should not be foreced to ear again and again to understand plots

Cheers
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »

For example convert WH001.mad to WH001.wav using our Dark Omen audio tool ->  

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Audio

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/start-download/1.-modding-tools/4.-miscellaneous-tools/sad/mad-audio-converter.html

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\Sound\SP_ENG

which says "The dead walk in many regions"

So which files do you want translated or is it easier for me to watch a YouTube play through of Dark Omen missions and write down the text for you?  

Leilond
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »

Oh well... if you write down the text for each file I will appreciate it a lot and will make my job much quicker
But if you're busy by now, I can do it myself, with some patient and probably some more time needed, because sometimes I really cannot understand what some characters say, no matter how may times I ear it... But this can be solved leaving some subtitles "incomplete" and leave the final touch to someone better than me at understanding english speaking

I can do that for any mod campaign that has his own narration files to be subtitled and someone feel the need for subtitles
Something like this
Campaing: 03) Wood Elves
File: T_KZ010
Text: bla bla bla bla

I create the "bla bla bla" subtitle bmp and update whmtg.txt file for that campaign (and any other campaign that use the same file) putting those bmp under the speaking portrait

If someone like it, I will do it with pleasure, as a small symbol of gratitude for all the nice campaign that were created (it's not so much, but it's what I can do by now)

As I asked in previous post, I would like to understand better the PlaySFX command... expecially the parameters after the strings (those in bold and underlined in the next example),

PlaySFX "Play Wood Elves Campaign" "You have no choice but play" 1 1 "H_KZ001" 0

so that I can add a "subtitles yes/no" and an "Italian/English" choice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: