March 28, 2024, 11:07:51 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 14517 times)
dutchy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

just wanted to say hi to all you warhammer lovers ;)been visiting your site a fair bit over the last 2 years and im really not sure why it took me so long to join.tried to get dark omen working a few years ago with no success,i own it on playstation(and horned rat)and i really love the game.in about 4 weeks when the battle march campaign i am helping to run finish's i think i might give it another crack at getting the game to run.do you guys have a teamspeak server or the likes as that would make it a lot easyer to sort out if some1 had the time to run me through it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:20:58 PM by dutchy » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

Cool,

closer to the time, read this and pop into chat for further assistance.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvista-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:27:35 AM »

Hi.

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »

Welcome here

Have a lot of fun. I think ollys link is the best resource for this issue.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

welcome

there is many interesting this on this site im sure there is something you you too Smiley

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
dutchy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »

thanks all ;Dtovertrut got on teamspeak with me today and got dark omen installed ;)i got hamarchi installed and we where very close to having a game,but then he realised i didnt have the mappack and we called it a day.tover said he will help me finish off instalation next time he has the chance.tover also assured me the people on this website where as awesome as the peeps a warhammerers online 8)i did have an issue with flickering on the top of screen when ingame on darkomen,so tover got me to change a heap of setting's,but it didnt fix the prob so he told me to seek help from some of the admin here when im ready.
on another topic,the offical battlemarch website is now shut for good and it seems like only a matter of time before they shut the server:-[ thank god for hamarchi as crix,showed me and we played it for battlemarch Grin.i know a lot of you guys would love to play this game if it worked properly.i was speaking on teamspeak with crix this afternoon about it and he suggested a few things.maybe if we could get the game codes from namco,some of the programers from this site might have the time to do what namco didnt.1st balance battle march properly and 2nd set up a new server?
our communities are so close we can smell each others breath,so i would like to invite this whole community access to our teamspeak server.the ip is 62.249.250.21:8767 and the password can be given to you by tovertrut.i dont know this community to well so i dont want to post the password here,but i am happy to give it to an admin to pass on to trusted members.
Crix
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »

Yea,

Basically guys what we all want is a Warhammer game that really delivers on all counts. Now I was a big fan of Dark Omen and still am but Mark of Chaos, with its bugs fixed would be an awesome game to play. What we are involved in (Myself, Dutchy and co) is hoping that Namco releases the source code for MoC:Battlemarch. Then if we got the brains involved from the modding community here at Dark Omen AND MoC then we could possibly fix up these gameplay issues in Mark of Chaos and really make a decent modded version of it.

The fact of the matter is Namco don't want anything to do with Mark of Chaos anymore. They as Dutchy pointed out, have shut off the website and its a matter of time, before the server goes. But us the community are still strong, and us the community can make a huge difference. We all love Warhammer, why not try to fix these gameplay issues in MoC and make it a true sequel to DO?

I mean the work thats been done on DO is great and fantastic, however DO's graphics are fundamentally weaker compared to the MoC engine. We have the engine there and if we could get the source code from Namco we are looking for coders to help us fix up the gameplay issues in MoC and make it THE warhammer game for all.

Smiley
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »

i didnt have the mappack and we called it a day
You don't need the mappack at all but then you are limited to the default maps provided by the Devs (and others can't see that you don't have the mappatch and game will crash when they try to load a different map Wink)

i did have an issue with flickering on the top of screen when ingame on darkomen,so tover got me to change a heap of setting's,but it didnt fix the prob so he told me to seek help from some of the admin here when im ready.
I have also many flickering problems in Dark Omen, but across the whole screen. I can fix at least the numbers of flickers by closing all unimportant programs that could make problems because they request focus (like Instant Messenger, hamachi must be an exception of course Wink)

maybe if we could get the game codes from namco,some of the programers from this site might have the time to do what namco didnt.1st balance battle march properly and 2nd set up a new server?
The chance to get the sourcecode is nearly 0. They wasted lots of money to develope so why should they give out the source for free? There are not even many companies that release the games for free to the public. I can only think of Rockstar Games with GTA1 and 2.

our communities are so close we can smell each others breath,so i would like to invite this whole community access to our teamspeak server.the ip is 62.249.250.21:8767 and the password can be given to you by tovertrut.i dont know this community to well so i dont want to post the password here,but i am happy to give it to an admin to pass on to trusted members.
Well I don't really like Teamspeak. Imo you only need it for games where it is important to give orders quick to your team mates (why is there no 4 player mode in DO Sad). And I have already enough problem to read and write English, trying to understand spoken English or speaking it is much more difficult Wink
Admin are btw bembelimen and me. I could share it with "trusted" Members as you suggested.

I mean the work thats been done on DO is great and fantastic, however DO's graphics are fundamentally weaker compared to the MoC engine. We have the engine there and if we could get the source code from Namco we are looking for coders to help us fix up the gameplay issues in MoC and make it THE warhammer game for all.
About the source code: I answered it a bit earlier in the text. Yes, the Dark Omen Graphic is bad (bit better with 3D Mode but doesn'T work properly Wink) but for me this graphic is good enough (I only miss a Window Mode option and a resolution selection). I hate it that most games only concentrate on graphic and then the gameplay is crap.

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »

Welcome Dutchy.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »

actually i rather think teamspeak could be a good idea, esp when vista becomes more in use with members as vista cant use alt-tab and teamspeak would be a good way to keep contact in case of disconnects and problems with joining

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Crix
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10:35 AM »

About the source code: I answered it a bit earlier in the text. Yes, the Dark Omen Graphic is bad (bit better with 3D Mode but doesn'T work properly Wink) but for me this graphic is good enough (I only miss a Window Mode option and a resolution selection). I hate it that most games only concentrate on graphic and then the gameplay is crap.

Yes,

See that is it right there. DO's gameplay is the best for any warhammer game ever made. But MoC is pretty close to it. It just needs few tweaks fixed up. Ok so if Namco do release some kind of editing tools and perhaps if asked nicely the source, which if its possible, can you guys help us? Lets just say we do end up getting the source. If then can you help please?
dutchy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 07:45:21 AM »

i understand it will be very unlikley they will give up the code.but i am going to put a lot of thought into a letter which i will be getting lukasz to write as he is very good with words.i cant see there to be any reason to rush this and certainly have nothing to lose.some time in the next few weeks or months we will post this letter or email and let you guys know how it went.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »

Lets just say we do end up getting the source. If then can you help please?
If you would be able to retrieve the source I would of course help you with improving the project. And I guess the other programmers (Mika) too?

We will post this letter or email and let you guys know how it went.
Ok.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

Of course I would! However, as Ghabry said, I fear there is virtually zero chance of you getting your hands on any source code Sad Also, when you write your letter, make certain NOT to mention my name or nick, or it might severily hamper your chances! Wink

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »

if you mention mikademus they will pile it with the rest of his comments and burn it all, like the Inquisition Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: