March 29, 2024, 12:31:06 AM

Username
Password

Poll
Question: GOG lobby to see Dark omen on this site?
yes - 3 (100%)
no - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GOG lobby to see Dark omen on this site?  (Read 26372 times)
Coincoin
Troll

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »

Hi,
I'm new on your very nice forum (discovered last week! --> a new hope for me :-D)

Is there a lobby or some of you in discussion with GOG http://www.gog.com/ to see Dark Omen and Shadow of the horned rat on gog one day?
I voted since the start of GOG (early supporter in 2008) for seeing them but I found very few votes for those gem games
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/warhammer_dark_omen
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/warhammer_shadow_of_the_horned_rat_1

I have hundred of purchase on GOG (even games for which I have cd cause of some trouble to install them or for which we can find abandonware e.g. Little big adventure), they do nice works most of the time. My sons also enjoys gold old games.
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:04:01 PM »

sothr has too many bugs to ever show up on GoG.

Dark Omen:
If someone where to figure out what the problem is with d3d
then I wouldn't be too surprised if made it, eventually...
but I wonder if EA would need permission from Games Workshop?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:43 PM »

Agree about SOTHR. The producers of Dark Omen told me that EA own the IP but I bet they would still run it past GW.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Renascent
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:00 AM »

Dark Omen:
If someone where to figure out what the problem is with d3d
then I wouldn't be too surprised if made it, eventually...
but I wonder if EA would need permission from Games Workshop?

Made an account just to respond to this. GoG just released Shadow of the horned rat AND Chaos Gate. Here is to hoping Dark Omen will be availble too!
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 06:47:29 AM »

exceptionally awesome.

of course...
I knew this was coming a few weeks ago when GoG asked if they could use my Final Liberation patch.
 Tongue

... and of course
one of the first comments is that the patch doesn't work...  :'(
post 15, 19, and 35

(...)

Made an account just to respond to this. (...)

sothr's "glue" code has a lot of bugs, not related to compatibility.
So unless there were a bunch of fixes ported from the Play Station version ...
I don't know if the game will meet players expectations.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:21:29 AM by aqrit » Logged
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »

Wonder if they agree to include custom fan mods Smiley
I release Wood Elves next week. Would be cool to have a compatible version of DO with all our crap included. Olly should be a moderator of what's worth it and what's too raw yet.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »

Excellent and thanks Aqrit for Final Liberation patch, another great game!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 08:32:38 PM »

Yeah just got a mail from GOG and read about SOTHR.
Was enough reason to take a break from my vacation just to post here Cheesy. Awesome!

DMJC
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 02:14:11 AM »

Do we know if the sourcecode to Dark Omen exists? Now is the time to use any contacts with the original game devs to get GOG access to the sourcecode. WCNews.com did a lot of work to get GOG in touch with the EA people in charge of Wing Commander and to get patches for the old games to GOG.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 12:19:12 PM »

Good plan, I shall ask the original Devs again.

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:57:37 PM by olly » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »

Email sent to GOG to kindly ask for them to incorporate our Mods and 3D fixes for Win 7/8.1

Emails sent to original Dark Omen developers Jeff Gamon and Nick Goldsworthy, thanking them again for such a great game that is still enjoyed by so many and to politely ask if source code could be released from EA archives for GOG or us. Let's pray and hope.

Smiley

bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 05:05:47 AM »

Still no word on the source code eh? How awesome would it be to get that source code!! dayum!
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:02 AM »

i saw they have sothr on gog now,sadly no dark omen.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 09:52:16 AM »

Unfortunately SOTHR was owned by SSI and Dark Omen isn't. I thought I got close to having the source code released by EA when a kind friend, who is a senior developer at EA helped Jeff Gamon and I to ask the EA Archivist for permission but sadly their legal team found they also didn't own Dark Omen.

Having traced the history and sale of Mindscape to The Learning Company, then Mattel who then sold it to onto Ubisoft and  perhaps more reccently Vivendi purchased shares, I need to contact one of the Guillemots for help.

Smiley

EA own the source code and Games Workshop own the art and designs, so I have put both in contact with each other. However, Covid19 occurred and I don't think it progressed any further. As soon as EA release the source code to GW then they can legally allow GOG to sell it. Check out the Dark Omen forum for Windows 10 fixes and mods.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:27:43 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: