March 29, 2024, 03:42:08 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CyberDemon Diorama WIP  (Read 14554 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:14:34 AM »

HI dudes!! i wanna show you what i have started doing! i like making models and miniatures, so, i was thinking WHAT TO DO? so... surfing i remember DOOM game and the image of the game DOOM 2 , my favourite, with the big cyber demon and the protagonist... so i decided to make a diorama (?)  that represents the game cover image...

HERE IT IS

So after searching a lotsss of cyber demon images i made a sketch to have a fast sight of what i am going to make, the proporcions , sizes etc etc..

So, with wire and clay i made the esqueleton and the filling, so then with epòxi putty i made the skin and muscles

Obviusly a lot of work is to be done..

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »

I have to make the legs, arms , chest and head separated because i will make molds to make copies Cheesy

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

uh man... i really hope you wouldnt stop and make legs, arms, cheast & head additionally.

otherwise i would be scared with the method how can you use this part "additionally"

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »

i added more muscles Cheesy

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »

I use to play a with home made figures made of play doug, and the object of the game is to smash the other players play doug figures, with the special powers you posses such as elbow crunch, karate crop, head bash and wall toss

ahh the days Smiley

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »

Have you considered using greenstuff? It`s quite a good material if you treat it nicely ^^

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 01:17:17 AM »

Back when I were a lad (aged 9), there was an English Teacher at my school nicknamed Drogo (Frodo's dad from Lord of the Rings), who used to etch, carve and model cool stuff for us Warhammer fans. I remember being taught how to model a Highway Robber figure in Fimo Clay, that you then oven bake to harden. We would then take our model and build a box around him with Lego bricks and pour liquid Latex Rubber into the box to cover the figure.

After it sets, cut it in half and remove the figure and place the rubber mould back into the Lego box but this time pour in heated to liquid metal Pewter (lead like metal) into a small hole and fill the gap where the model used to be. When cooled, remove the mould and inside is a replica metal figure of your Clay Highwayman. The meltal came from old typwriter keys that the school allowed us to safely heat gently in the science room. Repeat 16 times to make a regiment.

So when you complete your model, you can send us all one!

Smiley

http://fimo.com/FIMO_classic_eng.Staedtler?ActiveID=136137
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:25:27 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »

olly did you mean exactly this ? ^^

Ohh guys i didnt show you but i did a soldier anbd then i did a latex model, making almost the same steps to do with silicone rubber, and make 3 copies Smiley

Guess wich is the original hahaah Tongue

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »

great stuff!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
oldninja
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »

Cool minis, Ramiro!
And so familiar red sealant  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »

did you finish this?

On vacation