April 18, 2024, 10:10:47 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Artillery anti-proyectils trick  (Read 4993 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »

[Jeronimo] I post it here because can be used in every race. Whats about? to keep your artillery men alive while charging for a new shot IF they are being attacked by ranged units.

Consists in pressing letter H many times quickly. They will start "rotating" so fast, so quickly that they will be occupying 1 single point while you press "Halt" button. I dont have images of this, but you can try yourself.
It reduces chances of suffering casualties!  Grin

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:37 PM »

Please don't use this, there's a difference between a tactic and a exploit.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »

No bug abusing please.
bembelimen found something similiar some months ago too but there is a reason why we don't post it.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »

interesting subject but there are a few exploits i'd rather not share in public, since I agree, Bugs don't equal tactics.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »

[Jeronimo] Why you think this is a bug? they can die but have less chances since they are rotating continously, and this means they will be spinning in center, around the machine.
They are NOT IMMUNE. Play it yourself.
Example: My brother (always him Smiley ) attacked my Mortar with xbowen from a short distance. As you know their proyectils go in straight line. So when I realized he was going to kill perhaps 2 artillery men, I started pressing H quickly and well.. regretably 1 shot hitted them (in the center) and this caused me 1 lost... but served.
Preventing casualties in artillery allows you to recharge shots at faster rate (everyone knows it)

One more thing... Machine is NOT IMMUNE either, my brother (in another game) attacked my Orc Ballista with his Mortar: the machine and 1 soldier died (yes... 1 soldier of the 4/4 is the real commander, not the machine), and that left my other 2 artillery men (orc boys) as Infantry.

I like when that happens, the "special Infantry" with the artillery banner, I treat them as if they were ME.
To clear doubts, not a bug and the commander is 1 artillery men (not machine as many believe)

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: