April 24, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning  (Read 6289 times)
pedritto2001
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:47:42 PM »

Hello all

I'm new on this forum. I've found it while looking for Dark Omen players, and I'm glad I've found them.
I've reinstalled Dark Omen this Summer, I'm replaying the solo campaign and I hope to find some multiplayer partners around here.

I'd also like to brief you on the newly released Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

As you may well know, it is a World of Warcraft (addicted guy here, 6 lvl 70's) clone built on top of Warhammer lore, with some nice changes.

You don't command a computer warband (as in Dark Omen or in Warcraft I/II/III), you command yourself (as in WoW), and if you're a natural leader, you will command other real players in battle against the opposition.

There are two factions, Order and Chaos (equivalent to Alliance and Horde in WoW).

You can create a character of several classes and play with it.

I've started yesterday and I have created a bright wizard with orange bear! Oh dear, I forgot the name of that clumsy wizard that kept sending fire and getting killed by the Chaos warlocks on Dark Omen, but I hope to do better than him in battle.

He is Elminster, currently lvl 8.  I've yet to visit Altdorf, but for starters, the initial area of Grimmenhaven has stunning graphics. The player versus player battling is working, although laggy.

The game itself is pretty new, so it still has some problems, which hopefully will be solved in the weeks ahead. Mostly has to do with lag, intermitent freezings, lack of newbie help, and such things.

If interest exists, I'll be posting my experiences and comparisons against Dark Omen, in what is comparable of course.

Commander Bernhardt forever !
laffo16
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »

hi pedritto2001 & weclome to the board. if you want to play DO online i suggest you search the forum for the hamachi guide, hit the chat room which is in the nav bar also and you can arrange games in their.

As far as comparisons go between DO and AOR, the gameplay and game genre is just totaly different, the only relation the two games would share is the world/story/history they are in, maybe a few character or item goodies from DO. A few of my friends have high expectations for AOR, all of them being WOW players, i would be intersted in hearing your thoughts and comparisons between these two games (WOW & AOR), i assume all the laggyness and glitches will be ironed out in time.

I suppose you have to really play the game for a long time, well get into the higher levels before you can make a fair comparrision to WOW, as comparing now would be like comparring your current gaming experiance only up to a lvl 8 char on WOW. Defaintly be intrested in this pedritto, hope it shines through & through WOW.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »

Welcome to our Dark Omen community pedritto2001.
As laffo already said you can join the Chat (needs Java) or join our Hamachi Channel (More Information). The Hamachi Channel has more users then the chat ^^

I never played any commercial MMORPG, only the "free" ones (with Item shop Wink). And I was always bored after a few hours (because the quests always were: Bring Object A to B after killing X monsters ^^).
Maybe commercial MMOs are better but I don't want to pay a monthly fee (Does Age of Reckoning has a monthly fee?).
btw, the name of the Bright Mage was Luther Flamestrike

Could you tell some which classes are available? (can you control greenskins, elfs, skaven and undead?).

Have fun while playing Age of Reckoning (and Dark omen Wink), I'm looking forward for your later opinion about game ^^ (if it is as "good" as WoW)

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:51:11 AM »

Hi!

Hilarious you called your bright wizard "Elminster", now that's a bizarre RPG cross-over if I ever saw one! Cheesy Do you also play a Dark Elf called "Drizzt"? Cheesy

There is a very thorough hamachi guide on the wiki, and if you join us on IRC we'll help you if you have any problems. If Olly is there he is the guru on connectivity.

Good to have you with us, play some good battles!

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »

Hello pedritto2001

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning sounds very interesting. Can you upload some screenshots from your mage and the world?

There is a very thorough hamachi guide on the wiki

Here it is

I looking forward to meet you in the Chat/Hamachi or on the Battlefield. If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to contact us.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
pedritto2001
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »

Back I am.

On http://pedrolucasgoestowow.blogspot.com/ you can get a few snapshots I took while playing yday. I have a lot more, may be I'll upload them to Picasa so you can see the sights.

This is Altdorf and a special photo for DO fans, a pretty nice steaming tank !

As to Elminster, quite right, it's a a messy RPG crossover  Grin. I've been doing it since my WoW times started, when my main Tarithel toon got her name out of a wonderful ZX Spectrum game called Doomdark's Revenge from 1985. Once an Elf always an Elf.

Or in this case, once a Wizard always a Wizard  Cheesy
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »

The steam tank is nice. Can you use it? Or is it only a model?

The "world" itself (ok the 2nd and 3rd screenshot) looks like a mix of WoW and Guild Wars, or am I wrong?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
pedritto2001
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 08:32:47 AM »

The one on the picture is a model, but there are cannons you can use to defend your village in PvP (RvR as the call it). There are also quests for usage of those cannons.
And may be they were smart enough to make you control a a steam tank. We'll see.

As for the classes or your character:
Order->Dwarves->Engineer(marksman)
Order->Dwarves->Ironbreaker(warrior)
Order->Dwarves->Runepriest
Order->Empire(humans)->Bright Wizard
Order->Empire(humans)->Witch Hunter
Order->Empire(humans)->Warrior priest(healer/dps)
Order->High Elves->Swordmaster
Order->High Elves->Archmage
Order->High Elves->Shadow Warrior(rogue)
Order->High Elves->White Lion(hunter)
Destruction->Greenskins->Goblins->Squid Herder
Destruction->Greenskins->Goblins->Shaman
Destruction->Greenskins->Orcs->Black Orc(warrior)
Destruction->Chaos->Chosen(dark magic)
Destruction->Chaos->Magus(arcane magic)
Destruction->Chaos->Zealot(shaman)
Destruction->Chaos->Marauder
Destruction->Dark Elves->Witch Elf(rogue)
Destruction->Dark Elves->Sorceress(dark magic)
Destruction->Dark Elves->Disciple of Khaine(warrior)

WAAAGH!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: