March 28, 2024, 08:45:51 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the game that never was... Warhammer 40000: GorkaMorka  (Read 7355 times)
armoured-lemming
Orc Boy

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:38:40 AM »

When i was somewhat younger, before the age of the playstation 2, there where promises of a new Warhammer 40000 game based on a rather entertaining skirmish battle game set in the warhammer universe entitles GorkaMorka.

for those not some seasoned gamers, gorkamorka was pritty much like this, a space hulk full of orkz are on there way to 'the big waaargh', which basicly means the big ork war, this is generally a bad thing for the imperium as orks are not rather fussy about who they pick there fights with, to an ork, war is one of the few pleasures of life, they life and die to fight, anyways, for some reason the spacehulk must of run out of juice or somthing because it ended up crashing into a planet, at the time populated by imperial troops, surfice to say the impact on the planet was very negative, the atmosphere changed immediatly, the once civilised humans went threw a prossess of de-volution, turning rather savage, and the orks onboard of space hulk where in a rather bad situation, stranged on a planet with no real hope of getting any help to join the rest of the lads in the big waaargh,
anyway long story short orks love fighting, and in orking 'religion' there are two gods, Gork, who is brutally cunning, and Mork, who is cunningly brutal, and these orks love to fight one another, seeing as there stranged on a barren planet, they may as well make the most of it and do what orks do best i suppose.

but back to the subject at hand, back in the dying time of the dreamcast a game was planned to be released on it called, unsurprisingly enough, Gorkamorka, it was basicly a warhammer equivalent of Mario cart, in that the player would control a vehicle or such and use 'gubbinz' to change verious aspects and abilities of there vehicle, sadly though the timing for the game came at the worse possible time, to quote Wikipedia:

'A video game based on Gorkamorka was planned for the Sega Dreamcast, but was scrapped shortly before the system died.'

and sadly so did the idea for this game, possibly a good thing profit wise as gorkamorka the game, much like Necromunda and Inquisitor, never really took off as a mainstream game, though far be it from myself to place a negative comment on the games themselves, they inspired some truely superbly crafted mobles, conversions and other beauties that are in the games of today!

here is a link to an 'intro' movie, possibly a alpha/beta attempt, its rather comical. and a few screenshots of early playtesting.
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/driving/gorkamorka/video/2664727/gorkamorka-movie-1powered by Aeva

screenshots: http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/10/gorkamorka-dc-cancelled/

'its cheap, cowardly, and boardline rule breaking... but i like it!'
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »

What a Shame!

As it was Good Looking Game.

Very Inspiring, seeing Ork WarTraks Again!

Smiley

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:11:33 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:13:20 AM »

Grin hahaha that video is funny, what a shame didn't make it  Sad , it would have been fun to play if would have come with MultiP mode. My god i almost bought a Dreamcast once  :Smiley , what lucky that i don't have the money  Grin !

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »

Lucky?! I still have one under my couch and I consider myself lucky! It is perhaps the best console of all time, fantastically powerful and innovative for its time, easy to program for, and a great collection of games. Had only Sega not fucked up its marketing beyond all belief.... :cries:

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:29:32 AM »

Grin haha i haven't seen your reply before. Well it's not totally a surprise to heard that since i heard almost the same from others persons in all this years  Cool, so ok i will have more respect for the Dream in the future  Lips Sealed.....still what lucky i don't buy it  :Smiley nono it's a joke!! haha  Grin

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: