April 20, 2024, 12:57:28 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: StarCraft2  (Read 23468 times)
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »

A couple of zealots and an immortal isnt enough though. I dislike the 10 pylon opening, usually go for the 9 myself. (And in most replays toss tend to do so) I do realize that I am doing something wrong, but it isnt really the things you bring up.

Had this hilarious game where I tried out Dark Templar tech, and he nydus canaled me. I killed the first Canal with probes, but he then made a new one behind some rocks and attacked me that way. So I ended up losing my base, but at the same time I killed most of his drones and queen. Then I built a new base, turtled for a while before I crushed him when he tried to do a double expand.

My two dark templars lived through the whole match, killing zerglings, roaches, the canal, a queen, all his drones, plus a hatchery he tried to spawn. Tongue

He had like twice my apm, but he was so stuck in his rush mindset, that he completely failed when I managed to survive. Which is what happens most times when the game goes past the ten minute mark.

On vacation
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:05 AM »

Then you're doing something right, and you'll figure it out Smiley Also, toss is considered the weakest race for countering early rushes, so I don't think you're that off the bat. And SC2 seems to have done something right because it seems that rushers tend to lose sometimes because they hurt their initial economy and don't catch up, and probably because they're not really the types for prolonged macro. Anyway, that DT game sounds like fun. Tongue

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »

Bleh, now Im struggling versuS speedlings, into muta into broodlord off two base zerg play. So hard to kill Broodlords with anything in the toss arsenal. I think I must try some kind of timing push, since even 4 bases werent enough to mass stalkers to kill them. Toss needs a good anti air unit

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:36:14 AM »

PvZ requiers lots of aggresion from Protoss, not to allowing zerg outmacro you.

Try some standard BO like x2 gates + robo + push with first 2 imoortals. youll need also like 7 zealots + 3-4 sentries + goons.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=112991
check PvZ replays there

basically protoss usually have enough army to crush zerg with 2 bases. and you should keep scouting him like hell, cause if he is going to add up broolords he will have literally no gas, = no hydra, so you basically shoudl screw him up with zeals+immos+sentries (+goons vs mutas if need. sentries field also highly required)

main counters (possly u know it but just in case)
zeal>hydra
roach>zeal
immo>roach
colossus>>all Smiley but you need enough meat shield for that

also HT would be very usefull vs masses of lings/bling/hydras

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:19 PM »

lately toss start using 4gate push which is very hard to deal with for zerg. you can try it for you.

another funny thing i foun vs zerg on "island" maps (long walk) they do 1 warp prism, make 4 warp gates, load all zealots & stuff to prism, get it to your base and warp more units. its very hard to deal for zerg cause he has to make drones and zergs usually make big part of his army (up to 30%) when he see that protoss moves out. in that ase zergs hardto make such army and protoss could get ahuge dvantage vs not ready zergs.

also protoss can spam force fields between 2 bases which is really pain in the ass for zerg

also very good site for replays is hter
http://www.sc2win.com/

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

Hello! I heard that blizzard gave one friend invitation to all people who get beta key \o/. If you will dont use this beta key for friend it's is possible to someone give me that beta inv <3?
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

i got one key like month ago and for sure used it. if i'll have spare one ill let you know Smiley

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »

Got beta at last ! Cheesy Downloading it now. Yesterday blizz again gave beta keys and i'm got luck this time \o/!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:39:34 AM by Nitrox » Logged
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »

My nick : Nitrox (or Nitrox.nitrox i dont know how its look in friend list) i'm just starting playing it Cheesy so im little noob.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »

My nick : Nitrox (or Nitrox.nitrox i dont know how its look in friend list) i'm just starting playing it Cheesy so im little noob.

Do you have an invite? I'd like a beta key Smiley

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »

Sorry Sad i dont get, got beta from this friday when blizz giveaway keys. If i will get one i will PM you! Cheesy (Also check your battle.net account if you signed up for beta - my friend dont got e-mail but when he went to a battle.net duh! There was beta)
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 08:08:41 PM »

Thought I`d check in and see how people are doing. I have switched to zerg at this point, and try to do macro builds.
I`m in Diamond in 1v1 atm, and my apm lies at an average of 80 atm. So there has been some improvement Smiley

On vacation
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »

Just read that Starcraft II will not support intercontinental matches :O.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

I`m in Diamond in 1v1 atm, and my apm lies at an average of 80 atm. So there has been some improvement Smiley

Diamond at 80 atm? I thought that the average atm would be higher, since that's the top tier under pro.

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »

Nah, its ingame though, real is slightly higher (Something like 1.2 higher I think). people generally suck. Besides you probably dont need alot more than 150 to be uber in this game. Besides there is a vast difference from low diamond to top diamond. That is where the big skill gap is.

On vacation
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: