March 28, 2024, 10:57:46 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: StarCraft2  (Read 23334 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »

brag: currently playing Starcraft2 as beta test. Game feels good but game changed rather big, not only units, but some game aspects itself comparing to Starcraft1, and i dont really love some changes at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:41:47 PM by Mikademus » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »

I want to play SC2.
BAD.

Anyone following the SC1:BW pro scene in Korea?

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »

i dont follow since i stopped regulary playing SC1 3 years ago or more, but recently found superb site of SC stuff as well as SC II
http://www.teamliquid.net/

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:45:51 PM »

Yeah its the best site imo

On vacation
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

BTW, my brother also plays starcraft one and two, he's a lot better then me but I don't think he's that good. He also joined the darkomenexpanded hamachi channel, as we played vs each other and we enjoyed it. Maybe he wants to play you guys I'll ask when he gets home(friday).

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »

league/APM? Smiley))

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »

Im currently Silver, not doing too well due to getting rushed alot.

Apm usually ranges from 40-100
I could spam to get more, but I dont really see the use of doing it.

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

well i got sticked to sc1 & wc3 for bunch of years so have not bad macro and little worse macro..

apm avg 90-110 (as it shows at replays), feels it small - think about 130 is optimal.

im currently ~50 plat, like ot play zerg.
used to play only protoss at sc1, at sc2b initially switched to terrnas then zergs.

kinda boring race but lots of macro and funny mechanics as queens/tumors/creep pop.

feel toss unflexible and boring (well yes, comparing to zerg armies with only roach+hydra it seems wierd but still)

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »

Whenever I play zerg all they do is rush or allin with roaches. This might be a low level thing since Ive seen that zerg are weak vs early pressure. I prefer simply surviving the first push and then use map control for success. Then I push out when the zerg tries to get another base.

On vacation
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »

Whenever I play zerg all they do is rush or allin with roaches. This might be a low level thing since Ive seen that zerg are weak vs early pressure. I prefer simply surviving the first push and then use map control for success. Then I push out when the zerg tries to get another base.

Zerg in SC2 has that advantage of being able to hatch four zerglings faster than any other race can cheese so they're they #1 rush army, but both other races can counter this. Terrans should wall up the ramp to their main immediately with one barracks and two supply depots, then the zerglings can't get in, and the first marine can pepper them down from behind the wall-in. Toss should get a zealot out immediately, and it will handle the zerglings until the second zealot is done and can finish off the rush.

That's a beginner's tactics, so you likely won't see as much of cheese rush tactics when you get over silver league.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:02:46 PM by Mikademus » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »

hey Mika do you also play sc2? or watchign streams?
btw psot there your screennames so we can try 2x2 arragned or something.

i play at europe with account: mayday.mayday

there is a tactic for zergs, same as at SCBW: fastest zerlings at 6 pool.

you only need not to produce single drones, lay down pool asap, then get 2 drones and wait for 3(x2) zerlings.

but even that could be countered by most "standard" build orders, harder for toss but still.

what races do you guys play?

one of the best way to learn is to watch pro replays. one problem is that they usually dont do all these super "cheese" tactics as other low level players as they udnerstands such tactics is very dangerous and easy countered if right spotted (and good players have good scouting). so they go for some "optional build" which can defend almost with everything counter cheese, but exluding some extreme allins where they know that opponent willnt go for it sicne he is good player.

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »

Bleh :<.. I'm still dont get my key, so unlucky i'm.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »

I'm watching pro replays, but I haven't got a beta key. That's probably good because summer is coming and I don't want to be locked down before the computer playing RTS games! Being locked down programming RTT games is an altogether different thing of course! Cheesy

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »

It`s not zergling rushes that bother me. I can counter the first initial zerglings quite easily. What usually happens is that the moment my robo bay finishes, they make a nydus canal into my base, and steamroll me. I`m not familiar enough with the zerg tech tree, nor good enough at keeping my initial scout alive to be able to see this coming, and that is where the problem lies. Lately I have started to be alot more unit production heavy early game, making alot of zealots out of a 3 gate, since it allows me to put on alot of pressure, as well as being able to protect against rushes quite well.

Besides, I do not like to do cheeses my self, since you do not improve your game much by doing cheeses at all. Atm I`m quite comfortable in Silver, since I am able to learn alot without being outplayed instantly by more experienced players.
On a 6 win streak now, so I might be able to move up into gold in the foreseeable future.

My player ID is Grend.deceit

On vacation
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 11:13:25 PM »

If they're able to set up a nydus work inside your base without you having enough forces to take care of it then your macro isn't fast enough--you should be able to have a couple of zealots and perhaps even an immortal at the time they've gotten a nydus network, a worm and the troops to rush you with. Standard toss opening: at 10 probes make one power node and one warpgate; warp in two zealots, at 13 probes start get immortals, then select whether to fast expand or tech up.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: