March 29, 2024, 02:05:24 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Space Crusade WH40K  (Read 10741 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:14:17 PM »

Did anybody else love that good old WH40k game for Amiga Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I Just re-discovered my Amiga 500 on my loft so now im gonna have to geek it to death

3 teams, Blood Angles, Imperial Fist and Ultra Marines, a spaceship of evil orcs and goblins to clean out.

My fav is the Ultra Marines

Damm this game was ahead of its time, call me old Olly all you want but this is a game, and let me sound corny "They dotn make games like this anymore" Cheesy

* Space crusade.png (51.49 KB. 640x255 - viewed 1417 times.)

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:15:06 PM »

That game exists for DOS as well. I didn't play it much since I wasn't into Warhammer them, but I recall that I though it was a decent game back then. Probably should try to get it and play it again now... There was another one, I think both for Amiga and PC, about space marines and tyranids, but first-person and where you commanded terminator squads, four terminators at once. Was it called Space Hulk or something?

Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »

Space Crusade and Space Hulk are 2 different games.

Space Crusade is the little brother of 'Hulk, with much simplier rules.

See you, space scorpion !
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »

^ We're talking about computer games from the late 1980's Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

ive been tryn to find an amiga emulator for XP but they are a little beyond me, maybe i should just get my amiga down the loft and go play it with my lil bro on his big flat screen hehe Grin

Also the predecessor to Dark Omen in ways of tactics...North and South how cool was that.

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Chinnico
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »

Space Hulk is a great tabletop game AND a fantastic tactical game for PC. Also a nice Sega Saturn Version exists, with more realistic 3D environment.
Anyway, the PC version was the one that better managed to recreate the tabletop game feeling.
In the board game the human player had two minutes per turn to make decisions, while the tyranid player had all the time he wanted. This was to simulate the far superior speed of the aliens.
In the PC game everything is realtime, but the player can 'freeze' the time for a certain amount of period. When this is exhausted, he has to play realtime until the 'freeze-time bar' gets reloaded.
The Terminator marines squads were commanded through a video-shoulder-cam connection, so that while manually managing one marine, you could keep an eye on what was happening in front of the others. Then you could take control of each terminator with a click of the mouse.
A nice single player campaign was completed with all the single scenarios available for the board game, recreated for the software version.
Too bad it was too early for multiplayer!

Great atmosphere, also.

Nothing scared me more of a hulking, four-armed, all-claws-n-teeth space crab running towards me and to hear the 'clak-clak' of a jammed bolter.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 03:31:14 AM »

Another great thing about Space Hulk on PC was the sheer joy in playing different terminators. First, you play TERMINATORS, they rule! Second, you can play lightning terminators (I love those close-combat lightning claws!) and thunder terminators (the thunder hammer hits HARD!), fun game, good times!

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:01:13 AM »

Smiley haha yea, i play SPACE HULK tabletop version with some friends since two years ago when i found it on the net (also in that time found ALL about WARHAMMER QUEST  Cool an old and today extint game from GW that is a jewel of the TTGames) and months later after i started playing, i sought behind the window of a strange store, the box af the PC version of the SPACE HULK alongside other real new games, "WTF!  Shocked i scream haha well in resume i bought it for only a few bucks, but never could make it work in the computer  Sad so there he is, gathering dust like an old relic that is  Cry .

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »

Space Hulk:Vengeance of the Blood Angels on the Playstation was Great!

I enjoyed the Combat system of Parry and Block in FPS.

"The original Space Hulk gave PC gamers a chance to tread rotting ship’s hulls via a tactical interface that had you exploring narrow corridors by assigning which troops went where. Three years later, the concept was updated into Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. Whereas things are still tactical, the remake also gave you the chance to jump into the boots of any of the marines under your command and play the game like an FPS".

The Dawn Of War Mods for Table Top and Space Hulk, are also quite good!

Original Space Hulk

Original Space Crusade

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:20:24 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »

now these games were revolutionary and just sends be back 15 years, just a wee boy then but hooked on WH already Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: