April 25, 2024, 11:53:44 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shadow of the Horned Rat  (Read 81317 times)
0meg4
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »

I have Vista home premium edition 32...
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »

I never tried vista, so I don't think, that I can help you. Perhaps Ghabry can help, cause he is very good in stuff like that.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
0meg4
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 10:23:26 PM »

=( , well thanks anyway, sadly i cant open with dosbox because it's exclusively for windows, or maybe there is a chance? i dont think so....

Anyway, if someone could help me out id be thankful

Peace.
Zywy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »

I have problems with my SOTHR cd. I played the campaign and reached the elven forest and... the game repeated the same mission over and over again Cry.  I was so frustrated back then. I started campaign again and.. the problem continues...
I't was the end of my adventure with SOTHR

sorry, for my English
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »

Strange Sad Perhaps someone has a saved game to share with you?

Zywy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 11:02:51 AM »

I hope so.
Now  playing in DO once again. Trying to get all the artefacts - its hard.
I will leave the Hand Of Nagash and Black Grail Knights missions for the final battle.
It will be extra hard to defeat them all..
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 03:00:39 AM »

btw here the most epic video about Shadow of the horned rat:
FU SOTHR-MATURE LANGUAGEDQ | by Aeva

PearlChoco
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »

I found a way to install & run Shadow of the Horned Rat in Windows 7 x64 (based on the Linux Wine install method already described in this thread).

1. Copy files from CD:
- Copy contents from CD:\RMORPH folder to your c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder.
- Copy contents from CD:\WING folder to your c:\windows\system32 folder.
- Copy CD:\WARFB folder to E:\ (or whatever folder you want, but then you'll need to change paths in reg file).
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\TEMP
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\UPDATE
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\UPDATE\BINARY
- Copy only files (not the 3 folders) from CD:\WARFB\ENG\FILE\BINARY to E:\WARFB\UPDATE\BINARY
- Copy contents from E:\WARFB\ENG\GENERIC to E:\WARFB\ENG\WIN95

2. Import registry file (and adjust folder names if needed) - see earlier in this thread

3. Rightclick E:\WARFB\ENG\WIN95\WHSHR.EXE and choose "Win95 compatibility mode" and "Running in 256 colours"

4. Play SoTHR perfectly in Win7 x64!

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »

I just made a virtual pc, or to be perfectly honest, I downloaded a pre made virtual pc and installed SOTHR on it.

On vacation
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:39 AM »

I wrote a patch to add the Dark Omen mouse cursors to SOTHR
http://users.cjb.net/aqrit/sothr_cursors.zip
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »

Very Cool, Thnx

Please PM me if anyone wants a SOTHR XP fix, very similar to all of the above fixes but runs as an Auto Installer.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
dreadfell
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »

This thread is so interesting. I have gone down the SOTHR install road on both paths(psx/pc)and psx was the best and easiest. There was something nostalgic about loading windows 98 and on VM(i did not use 95)and running the game but psx was def a better experience. If ur worried about downloading old windows OS buy an MSDN subscription and u can get just about every MS OS made including multiple keys. Hope this helps:)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 08:55:22 PM »

Good to see you again Badazz and yeah PSX emulation is definetly a better looking version of SOTHR.

I saw you recently posted on my YouTube

Dark Omen ExtendedTerrainDQ | by Aeva

For more info, please check out my plan to recreate Mission 1 of SOTHR but in Dark Omen and New Maps/Scenery
http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/map-template-mod-t796.0.html;msg8312#msg8312

To play Shadow of the Horned Rat on Windows XP,here is a great Website I found that offers an Auto installer.

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/warhammer-shadow-of-the-horned-rat/download/2435/

So follow their usual familar guide but crucially their installer (reg mod included) as it actually works!

->download (Warhammer.SotHR-www.oldgames.sk-Compilation.exe, 13235Kb)

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/warhammer-shadow-of-the-horned-rat/download/2425/

(I also have the original Big Box SOTHR CD in my drive, rather than their ISO on offer)

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:28:21 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Zymeth
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »

ich hab das spiel mal installiert. von der grafik her wird ich sagen absolut unspielbar. geht garnicht man erkennt kaum was ich weiß nicht ob man die auflösung noch erhöhen kann aber das war einfach nur eine enttäuschung. auch von der karten optik her hatte ich ehr das gefühl es geht darum geschäfte zu führen als große schlachten zu schlagen. schade

Edit by Ghabry:
I installed the game. Based on the graphics I would say: Impossible to play. You can see next to nothing on this resolution. And according to the map it looks more like you are going shopping instead of fighting (sry I don't really understand this sentence in German Wink)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:03:22 PM by Ghabry » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »

I Always recommend playing on ePSXe a Playstation Emulation, that will run on your pc, as the Graphics are more 3d (like Dark Omen) rather than 2D on the PC version.

The PSX emulation is far far better graphics as it came out nearly a year and a half later and since the PC version played in a 1/4 of the windowed screen and map and Tool Bars etc took up the rest of the screen.

PC vs PSX Playstation

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:29:12 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: