March 28, 2024, 11:25:36 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shadow Of The Horned Rat  (Read 51638 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2021, 10:21:06 PM »

Fantastic, well done and can't wait to watch them all, thanks.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2021, 07:08:42 PM »

Good job!   Cool
This Let's Play brings back lots of memories. Makes me want to play it again!

Ceridan: ...destroyed by ungainly, ignorant, beer swilling...
Morgan:

made my, day i can't remember i ever saw this

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »

Thanks, guys, I am currently uploading a let's plat dark omen, almost finished which I got running through the help of this forum so I am definitely gonna leave a reference to this site in the hope more people will be able to play and enjoy it.

I'll be playing Mark of Chaos after which is an awesome game but it's not quite like SOTHR and DO.

P.S. SOTHR was kinda hard, especially not allowing myself to reload. it took me like 6 playthroughs to get the Ironman mode done Smiley

For those interested here's the link to my DO playthrough (as I'm writing this 13-3-2021) I'm still uploading the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwkR9_bSmsu61UARLWkAPp_bT1s-Qx0dy
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2021, 08:14:17 PM »

Will check it out, thanks.

(On your final vid, could you quickly preview the Dark Omen 2 mod please, to show new characters on new maps is possible, as just got create the true sequel campaign featuring all the new characters which also appear in the Multiplayer Army builder, Dark Elves, Skaven, Wood Elves, High Elves - Much appreciated)

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:03:24 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2021, 10:44:16 PM »

I Will most definitely do that, I'm currently recording Warhammer Mark of Chaos with Battle March add-on.|
Finished the Empire Campaign and as we speak doing the last mission for Chaos. ill then do the Greenskins campaign, which shouldn't last me more than 1 or 2 days.

After that ill make the video for the mod packs including the one u mentioned. I might also try some of the modded campaigns and make some more references to this great community. I am a starting youtuber so my range is limited for now, but ill gladly contribute where I can.

My project for after Warhammer: Mark of Chaos will be Return of Reckoning, the servers had been shut down but there's actually a pretty active private server for the game, but seeing as that is an MMO the lets play can drag on for ever so ill starting doing multi projects.

Link to there website for those interested: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

I am first and foremost a Sqaure Enix Fan (Dragon quest, Final Fantasy Etc)
But Warhammer has always held a special place in my heart ( at least the old era, the 40k not so much).

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:53:44 PM by Final Fantasy Fan » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2021, 11:08:39 PM »

Many thanks and yeah Mark of Chaos and Battle March was initially disappointing, as we were all hoping for a Dark Omen sequel but its provided nice models and different type of game play. Return of Reckoning is good and have worked alongside some of their members to reuse all the Warhammer Online scenery for Dark Omen and the characters to produce 2d sprites ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models-b51.0/

Look forward to more of your vids

Smiley

Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

Hi Olly,

As promised I made a video reviewing a little about the dark omen 2 campaign some of its units and some of the other campaigns on the modpack u guys provided.

Here is a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY24j0jcvc0

I'm a somewhat new YouTuber so this is my 1st time doing a video like this. feel free to comment on anything that could use some work. Tried my best Smiley

Shadow of the Horned Rat, Dark Omen, and Mark of Chaos Battlemarch (the last 1 still uploading as we speak) are done now. Im now recording Return of Reckoning and Regularly uploading these vids. And just started with Warhammer Quest Deluxe Ed. I wonder if i should have changed my  name to Warhammer fan Smiley

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 06:39:47 PM »

Fantastic! many thanks, great vid and much appreciated mentioning all the mod creators etc. The only minor points would be to restart the game each time you switch mods, as it fixes the new portraits to appear so you can get a 3d Skaven head instead of Morgan's etc and try the Dark Omen 2 mod save game to load mission 2 and see the new cutscene talking heads where the speech can be replaced in the future. Also check out the dgvoodoo2 control panel in the help fix guide, to improve the graphics even further.

Good narration and will enjoy watching all your other vids.

Smiley

deffnator
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2021, 03:58:21 AM »

So i bring good news of sort
Since the GoG installer is BUSTED on modern PC's, and since no one wants to make a wing32.dll wrapper to opengl32.dll or d3d9 and such so the game works on modern machines without video issues per dxwnd feedback

i've found another easier way using DOSBox ECE (there is also 86box, Optionals or X, all 3 supports windows)
OldGames sk compiled a long time ago a windows 3.11 installation on dosbox that runs out of the box with S3 card, a pentium and 486 of chosing configuring dosbox, SB16  + support for Roland MPU MIDI drivers if installed and pretty much 500mb size HD.
Also Vogons suggested that the Windows 3.11 installation is better than Windows 95 due to obvious modern compatibility issues, i decided to test it, it turns out it works, it works pretty well with the 1995 Original CD release and this 3.11 compilation.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »

Excellent, well done and will give it ago thanks

Smiley

deffnator
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »

Here are more screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/9YBjYox
aqrit
Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2021, 10:03:59 PM »

I think the GOG install has been fixed (for windows).

The GOG release also works in BoxedWine
https://github.com/danoon2/Boxedwine/discussions/34

The setup is not very user friendly at the moment...

Maybe I dreamed this but... at some point I may have patch in Fast InvSqrt() into MS Reality Labs for a big performance boost.
Which may be helpful for running in an emulator.

===

The original v1.1 release runs in `Ubuntu 20.04 + Wine5.0` with custom patch to make it 32bpp...
I haven't tried the original installer, yet.
My backport of the `Color and Animated Cursors` from Dark Omen are working for the moment on Win8 and Ubuntu, maybe this is tied to the graphics card?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2021, 10:16:27 PM »

Very cool, will certainly be investigating. Thanks Smiley

Hellvis
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2022, 12:52:49 PM »

I've decided to check whether there are differences in missions between the PC and PSX versions of Shadow of The Horned Rat.
Turns out there are. Below are the screens from "Rescue Ilmarin" mission showing the significant change of Skaven army composition between the two versions of the game.

* PC SOTHR Ilmarin COMPARE.png (2137.83 KB. 1280x2504 - viewed 272 times.)

PC version:
3 x Clanrats
1 x Stormvermin
1 x Ratogre

PSX cersion:
1 x Clanrats
2 x Stormvermin
2 x Ratogre

This affects the balance of the mission as PSX version puts way more weight on Allor (Amber Wizard). The player needs to act quick and have enough points of Winds of Magic to cast and hit two Ratogres with at least one Amber Spear each (the spell which on PSX thankfuly has miles better pathfinding than in PC version). Fail to do so and the beasts will charge the still relatively unexperienced Grudgebringer Infantry and route them off the field.
Also worth noting is the fact that Clanrats are comparable in stats to Night Goblins, while Stormvermin are roughly equivalent of Big 'Uns, so the exchange of 2 Clanrat regiments for 1 Stormvermin and 1 Ratogre is quite a good deal for Skaven.

I wonder whether similar changes affecting the mission balance were applied to PSX port of Dark Omen. Maybe some day I'll have enough time to check it all, but it won't be soon  Tongue

Also note that the PSX version looks way nicer here than on the original hardware. RetroArch allowed me for numerous upgrades not possible on PSX, like: 4x higher rendering resolution, bilinear filtering, texture perspective correction etc.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2022, 08:10:22 AM »

Cool, it's been awhile since I played the PSX version on emulators, so great to see the latest ones enhance the graphics even more. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: