March 28, 2024, 12:32:38 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shadow Of The Horned Rat  (Read 51639 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

Yep I have the same problem with PSX version:

Tried different versions of ePSXe and a few SoTHR disk images. Can't get mouse work ingame, only keyboard controls, despite the fact that I select mouse/digital control..Actually I tried all possible ones.

Could anyone help me out? A solution or a link to a 100% working emulator/image would suffice Smiley

P.S.
And another (minor) thing
I tried to play with keyboard only...managed to pass the first mission but of course it won't be playable once missions get harder.
Anyways, I am curious as how to zoom in/out using the keyboard in PSX version. I only figured out how to rotate the screen to change view angle.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »

There is no mouse support with emulators (that i currently know of) however, works fine with my xbox joypad, so plays like original PSX version.

Smiley

ps.

Keyboard controls = V to skip intro and Z to select options Esc twice to exit

w,S,A,D to move around or Arrow Keys and V to Pause (overhead map pauses game and is good to do all troop movements and attacks before resuming realtime)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:40:55 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

I see,
well, I wish I had an xbox gamepad or anything Smiley

Actually, I only wanted to pass a few certain missions but not the whole campaign.

I need a PC or a PSX SotHR savegame pack that would allow me to open the missions I need to check for my Chaos Dwarf campaign.

Does any of the comunity members have such a pack? or probably you can email those currently inactive members who are likely to have sothr savegames?

This help would be definitely appreciated Smiley
merikallio
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »

Hey everyone,

Maybe that is the place where I can find some answers. Well, I played the PC version and there was not even single soldier of reinforcements through all Carsson's missions and the whole road to Zhufbar, making the game even more challenging. I suppose that is the main difference between PC and console version I've seen some walkthrough guide for the console, and it has mentioned about 8 or so reinforcements after Vanberg mission or something.

That is the reason I want to try console version, but I struggle with emulator. My question is: How on earth can I make mouse and keyboard controlls to work? I configured all the option and use  F6 + F5 combination, but to no result. I can't even skip the game intro and since the coursor is in default put on the load game option I can't do anything othere than watching intro movie again and again. Please help me.

Thanks
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »

Hi, the mouse won't work with emulator and have u tried my keyboard controls in the post above?

Keyboard controls = V to skip intro and Z to select options Esc twice to exit

w,S,A,D to move around or Arrow Keys and V to Pause (overhead map pauses game and is good to do all troop movements and attacks before resuming realtime)

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
merikallio
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »

Thanks for the answer

I've tried Your combination. Nothing works. Like the game just can't recognize the keyboard. Hmmm, maybe You can tell me of your controlls configuration? Which port and which option etc. And really, I can't imagine playing such fast and hard game without mouse. How can You switch fast between units during battle?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »

Remember I play using an Xbox game pad plugged into my PC running ePSXe 1.7.0

* SOTHResPX.jpg (64.12 KB. 633x498 - viewed 1190 times.)

Keyboard controls

Arrow keys for movement like mouse
S+D+X+Z to scroll HUD buttons
E+T to scroll through the enemy
W+R to scroll through your troops
V to skip intro Start/Pause game
Z to select like Enter and hold down Z for Camera and use W and R to rotate and still holding Z press both W+R  together for zoom in or E+R together for zoom out
Esc twice to exit
C = Overhead map (use W+R and E+T to scroll through enemy and your own troops). Overhead map pauses game and is good to do all troop movements and attacks before resuming real time)

You could try a mouse + keyboard mapping tool and map the movement arrow keys to become the mouse directions and other buttons, perhaps.

Smiley

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:23:57 PM by olly » Logged

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 03:08:57 PM »

By the way, is there a kind of army editor for SoTHR?
I remember I tried to edit stuff in a hex editor when I was a kid. But not everything I wanted to do worked well.
But as far as I can remember there was a tool to edit your army or at least instructions how to edit in hex editor somewhere...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »

I think they all open in notepad but will check

Smiley

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »

Yeah the files used to be text, at least partially.
But the thing is to be able to edit all those flags: regiment is active, encountered, not encountered, unit_id etc.
I was about to drag my bro back to warhammer. He said he would play SoTHR but he does not want to play same army: Schepke infantry, Fletcher Xbows etc.
And I am not quite sure how to correctly give him dwarves from the beginning, add one of 2 latter wizards earlier etc and not break the game.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »

I think I will play a bit with army file and see if it works Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 09:29:12 PM »

Interesting article about Shadow of the Horned Rat

* 1a.jpg (116.81 KB. 411x563 - viewed 1067 times.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v6lglo3wtxj9jf/WhiteDwarfSOTHR.zip?dl=0

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:37:19 PM by olly » Logged

Caesar007
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 02:45:47 PM »

testing needed - experimental mouse support for PSX version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19C9P_yEFtUbbiaogVY1KiSdXvm9seDTp/view?usp=sharing
any PSX emulator can be used. Tested on Duckstation. First controller configured as Analog Controller (Dual Shock), second as Playstation Mouse (relative mouse mode).
I need feedback of how it works. Left button is [], Right button is X

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 10:52:55 PM »

Thanks will try it out.

Smiley

Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 04:09:30 PM »

Just finished playing and recording this beauty of a game.
I recorded the entire ordeal because I noticed there's not many lets play's of this game out there.
I saw 2 interesting ones, one stopped halfway and the other resorted to cheating so I decided to give it a go.
I set up a few rules for myself as to not reload the game no matter how many casualties. and to keep playing no matter how bad I did.

for those that are interested in the lets play ill put a link down below.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwkR9_bSmsu4fsP3lofAny1yFv50eWUc_

After finishing it I wanted to start Dark Omen. Had a lot of difficulties getting Dark Omen to run, but thanks to the people on this forum I got it up and running. definitely gonna record this game aswell.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: