March 19, 2024, 04:03:22 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Real-time Tactics games of interest  (Read 35495 times)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »

^ Yeah, that's why it is too close to the RTS model for me. Actually, that's also one of the huge failings of Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (which I would never recommend to anyone with an interest in tactical wargaming).

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »

ah ok i misunderstood you then yeah thats the problem with alot of games like that they are too like Red Alert, not that Red Alert wasnt good in its own way but its very primitive in ways of tactical capabilities

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Dark_knight
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »

Pretorians is a good game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorians_(game)

It is quite similiar to many games like Total War but on a smaller scale. Very good!

Can't find my CD for this xD

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/praetorians/screenshots

Screenies
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:31:43 AM by Ghabry, Reason: wikilink fixed » Logged
Igor Kool
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »

Yes Praetorians is an excellent game, quite challenging campaign on hard (at least some missions), and the mod that add 3 new races is very good too!

There also is a new mod for Total War called "Call of Warhammer" created by the Russian comrades!
Most models were taken from Mark of Chaos since they are pretty nice, but other models guys created themselves.

So far it's only in Russian, but there are versions that are partly translated (only the important stuff is translated)

I played it and liked it, since it had some music from Dark Omen. The only thing that turned me off is that you need Russian version of the game to play it, and I have only English Sad((
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »

There also is a new mod for Total War called "Call of Warhammer" created by the Russian comrades!
Most models were taken from Mark of Chaos since they are pretty nice, but other models guys created themselves. ... The only thing that turned me off is that you need Russian version of the game to play it, and I have only English Sad((

That sounds like a really serious problem! Can we with English versions play it at all?

Igor Kool
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »

You can, but some stuff (some unit descriptions) are in Russian. That was the only issue for me, rest was good. Cheesy
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »

I recommend Warhammer 40k Soulstorm. I developed my own strategy with Dark Eldar.
Igor Kool
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

I love Imperial Guard in Soulstorm, their voice acting is badass!

"LET ME PREACH HIS NAME!!!!"

Tongue
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »

"Strike from the sky Brothers!"

Space marines and eldar owns Tongue
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 10:15:49 PM »

I recommend Warhammer 40k Soulstorm. I developed my own strategy with Dark Eldar.
Do you also have dark crusade?? If yes, we could play together.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »

WHF I acccept your invitation, but I cant play in these moments (I have to reDL the game).

My brohter and I used to play a lot that game in a "now empty" Hamachi network.
Here i give some info about what races we picked considering version.

Jeronimo: Dark Crusade (Nekrons), Soulstorm (Dark Eldar)

My brother: Dark Crusade & Soulstorm (Imperial Guard or Tau)

PD: Good strategy games are also Stronghold Crusader and Knights & Merchants: the peasant rebellion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:47:07 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »

I don't have soulstorm atm on my pc as my HD is to small, but I do want to play some dark crusade. I'm able to play with every army except necrons and tau but I'm probably the best with imperial guard or orcs. My brother also plays this game a lot with his mates in college, he plays it more then me but I always kick his ass when we play against eachother.Cheesy Tongue

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »

I've always likes the close combat games, I wish they'd make a proper 3d one.

Nexus: the jupiter incident, i followed that game for ages as it went though development hell.  It's one of those games that i think could have been the best games ever but they fluffed it.  Unfortunately the game didn't sell very well, and the mod comunity never got going at all.  The stupid name didn't help it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 10:21:58 AM »

I've always likes the close combat games, I wish they'd make a proper 3d one.

Nexus: the jupiter incident, i followed that game for ages as it went though development hell.  It's one of those games that i think could have been the best games ever but they fluffed it.  Unfortunately the game didn't sell very well, and the mod comunity never got going at all.  The stupid name didn't help it.

Yeah, Jupiter was a great little game, that could have been so much better still! I actually played through it (well, mostly) perhaps two months ago. Good times, and all the time spent on weighting different weapon and equipment alternatives reminded me of playing MechWarror II years and years ago!

And I doubt we'll see another true Close Combat game. I fear that the average gamer today simply isn't capable of that kind of gaming, being too dumbed down with time action events and linear "cinematics".

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »

New RTT of the yank civil war out, Scourge of War: Gettysburg, anyone tried it? Visuals look a bit poor, about the same as Shogun: Total War, but it is a small indie production, so hey Smiley

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/index.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: