April 25, 2024, 06:45:05 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hangover Cure...  (Read 77293 times)
Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2012, 03:06:23 AM »

Or as it is green the poison cloud could goto the green leaving brown free.

I'm not sure a leadership change debuff would help much in gameplay terms at the moment. Dragons get easily overwhelmed against units of 300 soldiers so a dragon that munches the dead would be problematical in a gameplay sense. It needs to strike hard and fast with aoe.

Perhaps it could fire off a paralysing stomach juice that ensnares those within for some time - thus crowd controlling the mass of melee it faces.

Somewhere between awesome and irresponsible.
Wardner
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »

Awesome work, keep it up please
Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »

Well Christmas is over, and real life will necessitate a reduction in development speed as I go back to that thankless task of earning enough money to feed myself.  However, I am keen to continue development and keep moving the game forward.

Currently I am working on the flying units, whilst the main artist for the game Steven Finney at Arteria 3D is reworking some 3D meshes for me so that I can get the cavalry and more unit types in as the game still needs more archers, cavalry, and some Elves.

So work is moving forward, but the pace will be slower now.

The dragons are a bit broken in flying mode at the moment, well I say broken like it once worked - I am developing it.  Hopefully I'll have that sorted by the weekend and if so then next week I should be able to start work on the cavalry if all goes to plan.

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »

I've been so utterly unable to make progress on the flying that I took yesterday out to play a game of Civilisation.  Now that the Greeks and Japanese are finally defeated I am back on it again trying to get to the bottom of an issue I have created in the flight logic.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2012, 08:43:21 PM »

I've got the Dragon flying around and banking and stuff like that, now i'm working on the combat.  The dragons flying attack involves swooping down and grabbing soldiers in its rear claws, then dropping them.  That's a work in progress at the moment Tongue  After that I need to get the breath working working whilst airbourne too and then dying - and then, finally, the Black Dragon will be ready to show you - before I go and do all the other breath weapons!

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2012, 08:53:35 PM »

I've got as far as grabbing the units but I need to do some extensive testing to make sure it isn't crashing.  The Dragon has a habbit of flying around in circles too so I need to do some work on the AI.

* grabbed1.jpg (74.82 KB. 1020x595 - viewed 674 times.)

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

Now that is cool!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2013, 01:35:33 AM »

Here's a little video of a Black Dragon single handedly taking on a Dwarven army.  The game sadly crashed on this test, something in the Dragon code isn't quite right yet.  There is still a few more features to add too, but I need to get to the bottom of the crashing first.

However, as you can see the Dragon battles are really beginning to take shape.  They're very mobile fights too, the Dragons flying around at high speed causes the unit to reposition itself - I wrote a special AI for fighting against a flying Dragon and I think it's quite cool to watch.

Although with melee weapons, the Dragon could wipe out a 1000 Dwarves and loose less than 20 odd hitpoints!  But ranged units will be on the agenda before too much longer Smiley

Black Dragon versus Dwarvespowered by Aeva
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:41:13 AM by Smurf » Logged

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »

This is absolutely the last time I use mutexes in a multi-threaded application!  I'm stuck with a mutex crash that's on day 2 of debugging!

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »

Turns out there was more than 1 crash bug, when I realised that I began to make progress.  I don't think I've got it right yet but the code is a lot more stable.

* dragon1.jpg (58.76 KB. 1024x598 - viewed 809 times.)

* dragon2.jpg (96.93 KB. 1024x598 - viewed 896 times.)

EDIT: Found the last bug and zapped it.  Now for the breath weapon whilst flying Smiley

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:16:40 PM by Smurf » Logged

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2013, 06:02:45 PM »

* firefly1.jpg (102.86 KB. 1022x595 - viewed 767 times.)

Tada!

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »

Glorious!

Smiley

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »

Hell yeah! Flying is done.

The next task will be the other 5 breath weapons.  I've already made a start on the fire dragon so i'll do that next.  I'll see if I can get the men to run screaming across the map once they catch light Smiley

Smurf
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »

fire weapon is in, here you can see it after the fact - as a unit of Amazon women runs screaming and aflame to the ultimate deaths.

The red dragon is much smaller and more nimble than the black dragon, making it much more useful in the air - but substantially weaker when on the ground.

* firefly2.jpg (113.25 KB. 1021x598 - viewed 741 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: