March 29, 2024, 01:29:07 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What excatly statistic of the unit means?  (Read 5629 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:57:34 AM »

for example see http://en.dark-omen.org/troops/undeads/wights.html

Wights are the decayed remains of evil lords, wearing ancient battle gear and re-animated by the power of necromancy. They are armed with magical Wight Blades which can inflict many wounds with a single blow. If forced to flee from hand-to-hand combat the magical bond which sustains them is destroyed and they crumble to dust. Wights are supernatural creatures which cause fear and are immune to this type of psychology themselves.

what every stat means and how it influence to their battle characteristics?

sorry dont know WH rules.

and how many HP each regiment have? for example, troll , mummie or treeman
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:03:34 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mr Shadow
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »

Well, knowing the principal the game is based on is rather useful, it makes it a little easier to choose the right man for the job.
However I don't know how much they have acctually implemented of the Warhammer game mechanics in Dark Omen, some of it seems simplified (and perhaps rightly so) or maybe the rules were different back then, after all this was like 3rd or 4th Edition.

Here goes:

MO (Movement) : How fast the unit travels, Cavalry units move according to the MO of their steed; usually 7 or 8.
In Warhammer the value is translated directly into inches, dont know how the did it in Dark Omen.

WS (Weapon Skill) : If this value is higher than your opponents in close combat you are more likely to hit him with your attacks.

BS (Ballistic Skill) : How well the unit handles ranged weapons, the higher value the more likely to hit the intended target. And in Dark Omen the higher BS the faster reload.

ST (Strength) : When an attack hits, the strength of the attack is compared to the toughness of the target. If the strength is higher then it is more likely to acctually wound the target.

TO (Toughness) : See above, the higher TO value the less likely to suffer damage.

WO (Wounds) : Just like Hitpoints, when an attack hits a model (sprite) and successfully wound (ST vs TO) and this wound is not negated by armour, then the model (sprite) lose a Wound.

IN (Initiative) : A unit with a higher IN value then their opponents in close combat, gets to make their attacks first.

AT (Attacks) : The number of attacks the model (sprite) pummel the enemy with in close combat.

LS (Leadership) : A high LD value means that the unit is less likely to to flee when taking casualties from shooting or in close combat, or from fear or panic.

I feel im rather in over my head here, if I am to explain it in detail then, well...then I would have my work cut out for me for the coming hour  Tongue
I think you will have to make do with that explanation, if things are utterly confusing, then ask away and I'll see what I can do Grin

Best Regards
Mr Shadow

Ps. Hope to meet you on the battlefield for a practical demonstration Wink

”Die Uhr geht vorwärts und sagt Tick-Tack, Rommel geht rückwärts und sagt Taktik”
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »

thank you very much for your very detailed answer. i think its probably enough for me. maybe i also interested to see some thoughts about units and counters for them (comparing TO and ST for example) or best hit-n-runners units (fast attack rates and speed) and so on...

after your explanations i still dont see armor factor - i guess i need to get a model of fighitng (with these rolls like 10' dice and if you get more than enemy plus your bonus and ....)

p.s. and you to be usefull, see graph of treeman vs wights:

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »

Hi
If you're interested in the calculation, I would you suggest to download this file (you need something like WinRar für unpacking). There are all calculations for Sothr (page 83 et seq.) and we think, that in DO the calculation is nearly the same
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 05:29:51 PM by bembelimen » Logged

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: