March 28, 2024, 08:10:56 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The hand  (Read 12637 times)
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:58 AM »

Hey.. what's the best deployment, and equipped items for this battle? I've won it before on PlayStation, but it's been years so... Not at 100% man power on all regiments neither so.... I usually line up on the right, but put my artillery on the ledge in the middle along with some of the smaller regiments to the left to protect that side. I have watched video on this battle where the guy used his bright wizard with the conflagration of doom? or what it's called, but I'm not able to have that. Either not enough XP to equip all he needs or other reasons, but any help would be appreciated.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:53:04 PM »

I will have to replay as also been awhile but here's the map, that we can draw strategy onto

B3_09    The Hand of Nagash

* B3_09.jpg (302.33 KB. 1440x834 - viewed 787 times.)

All Dark Omen Maps

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:32:59 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:14 PM »

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9n-0tDhkE

Mortar aim skill is important

SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9n-0tDhkE

Mortar aim skill is important
cool watched that never thought of being that far back like that on the right. I usually line up right on the edge with the inf calv and other types on that side archers mortar and cannon on the ledge and some small stuff on the left with zapers to kill the wraiths there but I will try this kind of set up with my own equipment layout. Interesting thanks.  Wink
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »

Hey.. what's the best deployment, and equipped items for this battle? I've won it before on PlayStation, but it's been years so... Not at 100% man power on all regiments neither so.... I usually line up on the right, but put my artillery on the ledge in the middle along with some of the smaller regiments to the left to protect that side. I have watched video on this battle where the guy used his bright wizard with the conflagration of doom? or what it's called, but I'm not able to have that. Either not enough XP to equip all he needs or other reasons, but any help would be appreciated.

I actually before seeing these answers I went ahead and restarted the campaign in order to try and get back to this point at full strength and did so... Thanks to those that replied will try what that video showed thanks all.
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »

You can use the ice mage's direct damage spell to one shot the chariot on the left before it reaches you.

The first time I played it I then moved both wizards up on the left and used the ice er, cloudy type damage spell and flame storm to take out the archer unit. I remember because it was awesome.
devast3d
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »

I usually beat this map splitting the army in two equal parts on the left and right sides keeping art on the ledge. Using mortar and fire mage (to stop or redirect enemy movement) is the key to win.

p.s. Never ever used ice mage for anything. IMO it's the most useless regiment in the game Smiley
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »

I usually beat this map splitting the army in two equal parts on the left and right sides keeping art on the ledge. Using mortar and fire mage (to stop or redirect enemy movement) is the key to win.

p.s. Never ever used ice mage for anything. IMO it's the most useless regiment in the game Smiley
I do or have I use his ice shield to help added protection when luring them in. then if possible birds to freak them out and ice shards. but yeah I've used that strategy too as well.
No joy as of yet trying all these tips but will. I get close then lucky shots kill one of my regiments and right now don't really want to lose any yet.
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

I prefer the ice mage to the bright wizard. Ice shards is the best spell for dealing quick damage, the bright wizard hasn't got anything that can instakill chariots or war machines like that.

Also the wind of cold (I think that's its name) is great for massed infantry. I think it's the hand battle where you get several big units coming from the same place towards your deployment area, aim for the back one and the cloud will have to pass through the ones in front and you can take out loads of them before they reach you.

The ice mage needs the wand of jet to be fully effective because that cloud/wind spell works best when you throw out as many as you can. The bright wizard can have the book of ashur and staff of osiris. The ice mage also gets one extra spell over the bright wizard.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 09:15:15 AM »

Ice Mage spells are very useful and in general match fire spells except for teleport. I consider the last one a cheat and limit its use in my modded campaigns Smiley

As for original campaign, there are 2 things that make fire wizard preferable:
1. Simply, mana pool is shared and it is does not make much sense to use both. Bright Wizard appears much earlier and is almost accomplished by the time Ice one appears. It does not make sense to invest in practicing ice then.

2. Original campaign is not a great challenge except for mummy regiments in the last 2 missions. And mummies are vulnerable to fire.
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

man no joy yet but reading these is good thanks. I should ask what's the key to tab through regiments? tab don't seem to work so...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 12:25:24 AM »

Shift > and Shift <

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75z5es1ql2kod40/Warhammer_-_Dark_Omen_-_Manual_-_PC.pdf?dl=0

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

Cool finally won so thanks. off to Loren and the grail.
SCDressd
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »

ok so won the hand restarted to see if I could better myself in Loren money wise but doesn't seem so. So my new question is the first battle after meeting the night elf's in that dark battle and in the far back is that glittering tower does it have anything in it?
And what's the best strategy? Also I've never been able to get my bright Wizard to enter a battle with the Conflagration of doom so WTF?
I know in the battle the one with the Big bunch of trees in the center and after there is a circle of stones and after a million times of hitting the one northern stone the shield or whatever it is finally drops since again no Conflagration of doom but is there a item in that tower as I said the first battle after meeting the night elf on the way to kings glade?
and or any strategy tips for both battles would be nice.
Seems like I do ok on losses through the first stretch but on the way to the hand it seems to eat my money.
now instead of thousands Gold like I had I only have a few hundred so any help there besides saying get armor it seems useless to me. My guys seem ultra slow then run like Little girls and or lose tons of men anyhow so....
but mainly asking about strategy in the first battle after meeting the night elf's and if there's a item in that tower.
Because in the item guide it talks about a Tower so wondering if that's it, and any strategy for those two battles too?
Thanks for the help on the hand much easier now.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:58 PM »

1. For Conflagration you need a 3rd level Bright Wizard. If you were too lazy to shoot fireballs left and right in the first half, then you can fix it by giving him Banner of Wrath to gain exp quicker. Even a 3rd level wizard does not have Conflagration each battle. Still, it is a random pick of the spells set.
Just remember: experience gained by your wizard - is not gained by your other units, and that's bad. So once you have 3rd level wizard and conflagration, do not use it everywhere. Use it only at desperate need.

2. There are no artifacts in Night Forest mission with Galed. Tactics is the one that works in 90% of battles: Concentrate somewhere in the west-south corner out of Catapults' reach, lure the waves of undead and hold your ground.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: